Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Based on how many illegitimate kids Franklin had, there's a solid chance she's actually carrying a ton of those genes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MullardEL34
Sep 30, 2008

Basking in the cathode glow
Time is not on your side.

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
Lmao she aged like an Asian.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MullardEL34 posted:

Time is not on your side.

That was one goofy looking couple.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

Army Mormon wives are the most horrid thing on this planet. The Mormon men are usually put together and confident, if dorky, dudes who are obviously weird in an innocent but kinda creepy way, as is the Mormon tradition. But the women, however the hell they are assigned in those fancy underwear ceremonies, it just blows my mind. The women are ogres, and not in a gross slobby way like you'd expect in a mismatch so grievous. No, the ogres wear clothes and suits and have nice hair and hobbies like knitting and golf. I will never understand the Mormons. Really funny though, usually, and all secret perverts. One Mormon I worked for also named his kids after the Star Wars extended universe (stories from novels that have since been branded non-official when Disney bought in) children Jacen and Jaina (kids of Han Solo and Leia). And he was an apache pilot to boot. He never got any of my jokes.

Hot Mormon chicks marry either super old/rich Mormon guys after their first wife dies or they marry non-Mormon guys because they realized their entire religion was just an excuse for creepy old dudes to bang out 17 year olds

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stultus Maximus posted:

That was one goofy looking couple.

Captain Overbite and Hammerhead

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

Goddamn Patreus literally hosed one of the founding fathers.

True story
Unrelated but related for B. Franklin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sG0qxRdTAw0

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
I grew up a military brat (army) and its only recently I realized exactly why so many of my classmates had siblings with different last names and why they genuinely just had POS home lives.

So alotta truth to it.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My old SSG had 5 kids, none of them his. He married into it. He had to work another job for "fun"

His sanity aside, yes. That stereotype is real.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

My old platoon sergeant was, no poo poo, on his 7th wife.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

My old platoon sergeant was, no poo poo, on his 7th wife.

New wife every rank, makes sense.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Who marries someone with 6 failed marriages?

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

At that point they just want someone to come home to, cheating on them.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Some people just like being married for the sake of being married. Maybe the woman thought, "six other women wanted to spend their life with this guy, he must be worthwhile"?

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I just submitted all paperwork for my wife to be part of the dependa underground. I've been slowly training her subconsciously to become a better leader so that she becomes queen dependa.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

New wife every rank, makes sense.

Its like the people that get a newer car everytime they get promoted. Except in reverse, so the first wife was from a good college, the 7th is from River Rats down at FT Knox

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I asked my dad about military spouses. He told me when the colonel's wife is having tea, all the other officer's wives have to go.
That the officer spouses truly acted they were their husband's rank. Other than that he went quiet and changed the subject.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Edgar posted:

I asked my dad about military spouses. He told me when the colonel's wife is having tea, all the other officer's wives have to go.
That the officer spouses truly acted they were their husband's rank. Other than that he went quiet and changed the subject.

I've personally witnessed spouses try to assume their husband's rank because they wanted special treatment or wanted people to respect their "authority."

Some spouses are pretty laid back and chill. You won't ever find those ones, you'll find the ones screaming about long lines at the PX while they drink from an XL Charley's cup talking on the phone while dragging their kids behind them periodically yelling at them to behave.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

This thread made me ask my mom about what life was like after she married my dad in regards to being a mil wife. She said her first encounter with the mil wife "click" that was the officers wives made her vow never to ever associate with military wives again. She said "I did not like them, I just made friends with wives and women who weren't associated with the military."

And my mom is one of those people who is nice to everyone.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

MurderBot posted:

This thread made me ask my mom about what life was like after she married my dad in regards to being a mil wife. She said her first encounter with the mil wife "click" that was the officers wives made her vow never to ever associate with military wives again. She said "I did not like them, I just made friends with wives and women who weren't associated with the military."

clique

Goatschach
Dec 25, 2006

Who watches the goatman?

Zeris posted:

Army Mormon wives are the most horrid thing on this planet. The Mormon men are usually put together and confident, if dorky, dudes who are obviously weird in an innocent but kinda creepy way, as is the Mormon tradition. But the women, however the hell they are assigned in those fancy underwear ceremonies, it just blows my mind. The women are ogres, and not in a gross slobby way like you'd expect in a mismatch so grievous. No, the ogres wear clothes and suits and have nice hair and hobbies like knitting and golf. I will never understand the Mormons. Really funny though, usually, and all secret perverts. One Mormon I worked for also named his kids after the Star Wars extended universe (stories from novels that have since been branded non-official when Disney bought in) children Jacen and Jaina (kids of Han Solo and Leia). And he was an apache pilot to boot. He never got any of my jokes.

Is this a universal thing for Mormons? I used to work with a lot of af linguists and linguist failures and a ton of them were Mormons, and I know three or four of them had named at least one of their kids after a Star Wars character. Their wives definitely didn't fall into the spectrum mentioned though, they were either fat or skinny fat and the only aspirations they put forth were having more kids and not working. All the while their husbands talked about how they didn't like Obama and people feeding off the system, then would turn around and brag about getting approved for snap because they had 4 kids to feed as an E-3.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

MurderBot posted:

My wife is the same way. She refuses to do FRG or whatever because of the hurdy gerdy bullshit attached to it. I think she put it the best when she said "And your bosses, don't act all loving nice to my face when they're doing bullshit that takes you away from the family. Not like going to the field, but 'oh you have to stay late because we're making everyone stay late because Bob forgot his deadline.' thing."

This also stems from the fact that her marriage to me was called into question by one of my old NCOICs, who called it a green card marriage. Another NCO straight up yelled at her when I wasn't around because she asked why I had to drive 3 hours back when I already drove to where we were supposed to be for 3 hours. I actually got in trouble for that last one for skipping the chain of command and telling my boss and not my first line, who was the one who yelled at her. By the way, his reasoning was the lowest ranking always drives. Even if it's a TMP. The NCOIC who questioned my marriage got a heart to heart with me. He took off his rank and apologized, and I threatened him basically saying I'd kick his rear end if he said that poo poo again. We're fine now, my wife and him not so much. And no, it wasn't a green card marriage. She is foreign, but was a citizen of the US before we got married.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Edgar posted:

I'm glad I didn't care about rear end kissing because even if I asked my wife she wouldn't have done that kind of bullshit.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Wow, I didn't know these wives were so in line with rank :stare: . That's so bizarre to me; but then again I work a pretty ho hum civilian job that doesn't have spouses associating their role with being the spouse of an employee.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Goatschach posted:

Is this a universal thing for Mormons? I used to work with a lot of af linguists and linguist failures and a ton of them were Mormons, and I know three or four of them had named at least one of their kids after a Star Wars character. Their wives definitely didn't fall into the spectrum mentioned though, they were either fat or skinny fat and the only aspirations they put forth were having more kids and not working. All the while their husbands talked about how they didn't like Obama and people feeding off the system, then would turn around and brag about getting approved for snap because they had 4 kids to feed

Utah.txt seriously

Almost every girl I went to high school with was engaged or married before I finished my freshman year of college. Most were pregnant or already had a kid. I knew families where dad worked 80+ hrs a week so/because mom was home raising the herd. The linguist thing is partially driven by the LDS mission stuff...there are a LOT of dudes in their early 20s who are pretty fluent in foreign languages; it's not surprising the guard has a big linguist unit in SLC. Utah's also a huge geek state.

Dingleberry
Aug 21, 2011

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Whatever happened to the people of PX? Didn't dependas get in an uproar about that poo poo and it had to get taken down?

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
My wife got caught up in an online Mean Girls-like "burn book," 2 months after trying to get some extra support from the spouse groups while I was gone. Unfortunately, I've been keeping her away from the spouse groups my entire enlistment and she wasn't expecting it. All she had to go on was rumors and here-say. They sure went above and beyond to confirm our expectations of about a 10:1 ratio of insane to okay. I've wanted to post screen grabs so bad but there's just too much identifying info. These bitches get real personal. Seriously some of the worst people I have ever experienced.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

AkrisD posted:

My wife got caught up in an online Mean Girls-like "burn book," 2 months after trying to get some extra support from the spouse groups while I was gone. Unfortunately, I've been keeping her away from the spouse groups my entire enlistment and she wasn't expecting it. All she had to go on was rumors and here-say. They sure went above and beyond to confirm our expectations of about a 10:1 ratio of insane to okay. I've wanted to post screen grabs so bad but there's just too much identifying info. These bitches get real personal. Seriously some of the worst people I have ever experienced.
Anonymously email them all to the entire battalion.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ms paint the names out

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Naked Bear posted:

Anonymously email them all to the entire battalion.

Yeah, leak that poo poo, hilarity always ensues. Watch the command climate meltdown and a host of new command policies banning milwives from something something

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.
Please make this a reality. Also send that poo poo across the command via burner account.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Panfilo posted:

Wow, I didn't know these wives were so in line with rank :stare: . That's so bizarre to me; but then again I work a pretty ho hum civilian job that doesn't have spouses associating their role with being the spouse of an employee.

In the Air Force, there's a hierarchy between officer spouses too besides rank: pilot or not a pilot.
Pilot wives hang out only with each other.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

canyoneer posted:

In the Air Force, there's a hierarchy between officer spouses too besides rank: pilot or not a pilot.
Pilot wives hang out only with each other.

tbf pilot wives are like the hall of famer major league player in the dependa games

e-1 wives are like little leaguers

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I knew I had done the military wrong when, after I got out, an air force O-4 in a flight suit was checking into the same hotel as me. In Hawaii. He was on TDY and he had a patch identifying him as an F-16 pilot and his wife was, uh, really hot

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Zeris posted:

I knew I had done the military wrong when, after I got out, an air force O-4 in a flight suit was checking into the same hotel as me. In Hawaii. He was on TDY and he had a patch identifying him as an F-16 pilot and his wife was, uh, really hot

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Officer wives are typically hotter because college. Which has a better genepool than Applebee's waitress.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

Officer wives are typically hotter because college. Which has a better genepool than Applebee's waitress.

Depends on the MOS, a lot of Intel and Admin officers have dog ugly wives in my experience because they lack the social skills to go after college girls and just ended up with whomever they met at church or their local dungeons and dragons group.

JAG and Pilot wives are normally super loving hot

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

To be honest, if you can't get laid in college, you deserve what you get. I got laid just visiting a college.

And no, online classes and masterbation doesn't count. We'd all have crazy numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I had a drunk 22 year old at the bar a few nights ago when I went to go corral my drunk roommate upon finding out that I was only 31 say "man you haven't aged well at all have you?"

• Locked thread