Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

My old SSG had 5 kids, none of them his. He married into it. He had to work another job for "fun"

His sanity aside, yes. That stereotype is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

New wife every rank, makes sense.

Its like the people that get a newer car everytime they get promoted. Except in reverse, so the first wife was from a good college, the 7th is from River Rats down at FT Knox

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Edgar posted:

I asked my dad about military spouses. He told me when the colonel's wife is having tea, all the other officer's wives have to go.
That the officer spouses truly acted they were their husband's rank. Other than that he went quiet and changed the subject.

I've personally witnessed spouses try to assume their husband's rank because they wanted special treatment or wanted people to respect their "authority."

Some spouses are pretty laid back and chill. You won't ever find those ones, you'll find the ones screaming about long lines at the PX while they drink from an XL Charley's cup talking on the phone while dragging their kids behind them periodically yelling at them to behave.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

MurderBot posted:

This thread made me ask my mom about what life was like after she married my dad in regards to being a mil wife. She said her first encounter with the mil wife "click" that was the officers wives made her vow never to ever associate with military wives again. She said "I did not like them, I just made friends with wives and women who weren't associated with the military."

And my mom is one of those people who is nice to everyone.

My wife is the same way. She refuses to do FRG or whatever because of the hurdy gerdy bullshit attached to it. I think she put it the best when she said "And your bosses, don't act all loving nice to my face when they're doing bullshit that takes you away from the family. Not like going to the field, but 'oh you have to stay late because we're making everyone stay late because Bob forgot his deadline.' thing."

This also stems from the fact that her marriage to me was called into question by one of my old NCOICs, who called it a green card marriage. Another NCO straight up yelled at her when I wasn't around because she asked why I had to drive 3 hours back when I already drove to where we were supposed to be for 3 hours. I actually got in trouble for that last one for skipping the chain of command and telling my boss and not my first line, who was the one who yelled at her. By the way, his reasoning was the lowest ranking always drives. Even if it's a TMP. The NCOIC who questioned my marriage got a heart to heart with me. He took off his rank and apologized, and I threatened him basically saying I'd kick his rear end if he said that poo poo again. We're fine now, my wife and him not so much. And no, it wasn't a green card marriage. She is foreign, but was a citizen of the US before we got married.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Whatever happened to the people of PX? Didn't dependas get in an uproar about that poo poo and it had to get taken down?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ms paint the names out

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Officer wives are typically hotter because college. Which has a better genepool than Applebee's waitress.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

To be honest, if you can't get laid in college, you deserve what you get. I got laid just visiting a college.

And no, online classes and masterbation doesn't count. We'd all have crazy numbers.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So University San Diego said they'll accept me, but the credits I have at Thomas Edison State University won't transfer over, meaning I'll be starting from the beginning despite having almost an AA from them. Only because they are online :(

Edit wrong thread

Soulex fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Feb 26, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

What the gently caress Garrett?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

In his defence, she looks like she has crazy eyes.

thems aint crazy eyes

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

"we got promoted!"

Triggered like gently caress

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

I spent more time "working" with the army than I did on an air force base. Which basically means anytime they had to send someone to an army post for some bullshit or another, they sent me. But that was fine with me because being AF, no one really knew who was responsible for me. The down side was I some how wound up spending an uncomfortable time around one army officer who I still call "The Captain" despite him making at least Major. I'm pretty sure he "retired" roughly that, give or take a promotion because he was too awesome to make full bird, let alone getting a star.

Half of what made him awesome was his wife.

First off, she was a solid 7, mainly because she loved cheese cake and wine more than the gym. But genetics were overly nice to her. She was also smart. Not did well in school and finished college.. I mean MENSA level IQ. Combine those two with the utter contempt for humanity worthy of GIP and you get a fun evening of drinking.

This woman hated military spouses.

Literally. Hated them on principle.

One night, several glasses of wine too many later, she explained it.

Military wives are the worst god drat blight on the face of the earth. Most of them have an IQ slightly lower than that of the monkey at the zoo that throws poo poo at everyone. The only two things lower than their IQ is their husband's mental capacity and her chances of being a lingerie model. Its like making a sentient being out of a trash compactor. Big, foul smelling, noisy and consume garbage at an alarming rate. Entitled? Oh... Pretty sure more than one has their vibrator in a copy of their husband's last promotion announcement. They would have used the original but they couldn't figure out how to get it out of the picture frame they had it encased in. This leads to believing that they are the wife of someone important. Remember when the base commander's wife got a ticket for speeding, so the speed limit got raised and the mp who wrote the ticket got admin discharged? That is the mentality of just about every military wife. Those officer wives clubs are the same thing as a club for inbred trailer trash who won the lottery. Enlisted wives clubs are basically support groups for retired Alabama strippers. The easiest way to know all you need to about a military wife is their participation with spouse organizations. The more involved, the less you need to accept that they are actual human beings. The easiest way to figure out how involved they are is actually visual. The ratio of weight to clothing is a dead give away. If they look like 25 pounds of poo poo crammed into a 10 pound sack that they claim is only a 5 pound.. gently caress. You get the point. If that sack has camouflage anywhere, I mean anywhere, the grunts of her shoveling food into her mouth is the most intelligent she is capable of. When she starts to say something, save yourself from the anguish and just imagine Yakety Sax is the sound coming out of that hell hole of stupidity.

The best way to find a reasonable military wife is to run into them at a decent restaurant, and spend the entire time thinking you know them from somewhere, but just can't remember where. It was at one of those mandatory fun family days and she spent the entire time praying that she would spontaneously develop ninja skills so she could hide from these insufferable fucks. Or have a previously undiagnosed aneurysm rupture and she die on the spot. See the one in the corner wishing she had known the wallpaper design so she could have dressed in a manner that would allow her to flatten against the wall so no one would see her, thats the one that defies the norm.

Since most early enlisted are single or "engaged", which means they are single but still hung up on the first girl who managed to give him a blow job without cutting his dick up with their teeth, learn this one lesson. Above all else, know this one single thing. Never gently caress a girl who says she is into military men. Never. Don't even consider letting her know what brand of loving underwear you are wearing. These women are like military wives but not competent enough to actually dupe some dumb gently caress 19 year old kid who has more testosterone than functioning brain cells. These creatures either have less teeth than the average nursing home patient or syphilis has ravaged their cognitive abilities to the point even an E-3 can tell something isn't right, and that something is a deal breaker.

Do not ever go near a military wife. Avoid interaction with them in the same way you would avoid interacting with a rabies infected badger. If you know she is a military wife, treat her as radio active. You aren't dressed properly to be anywhere near them. Don't go near women who are interested in military men. If you have to commit ritual suicide on the loving spot to get away from one, well... Just know that you still get buried with honors.

Men who are military spouses are not so secretly gay. Or they were med boarded after a TBI and that sympathy gently caress he got from the physical therapy aid who taught him how to eat with a fork again at Walter Reed resulted in an unexpected bundle of joy, if you consider poo poo filled diapers joy . 90% of them aren't a blight on mankind who lower the average enough to rate human beings somewhere between a goat and that three legged blind cat you aunt wouldn't do the honorable thing and put down. But they also either are not so subtle about their willingness to help you "experiment" or can't quite grasp the complexity of shoe laces. So having a normal adult conversation with them is as likely as an ATI marriage working out.

People who want to attach themselves to military personnel are people you want nothing to do with. Unless his wife married him before he decided to further ruin his life by joining the military, its safe to assume you don't need to be anywhere near her. If she is in the military and married, as long as she isn't a marine then you are pretty safe to talk to her, her husband on the other hand is a crap shoot between getting expert curtain advice or drooling on themselves.

Also. Don't gently caress girls who are enlisted. Thats like sticking your dick in a live light socket. On second thought, you are better off sticking your dick in a live light socket.

We liked to get her liquored up and ask her for advice. Never once led us astray.

Goddamn. This woman deserves a loving award.

More please.

Also today is the day we found out McNally is not so secretly gay.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McNally posted:

I... wasn't trying to hide it?

gently caress, man, we all wore the uniform. Ain't nothing secret about that.

How do you know I'm not too stupid for shoelaces instead? Don't assume, man

I'm just projecting.

And it was a lovely attempt at a joke

Soulex fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 10, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I've known two.

They're both divorced now.

I've known one. They were fine when I left, no idea now.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

Professional photographer

Ths or Etscy/Scentsy whatever person.

I loving HATE spouse "professional photographers." Bitch you shoot on auto and add this garish watermark and oh let's selective color! That's popular right!? Rule of thirds? HAHAHAHA!

gently caress!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I can show off my tits too.

Aint noone payin though. No market for moobs.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Strippers make some pretty cool friends. Almost always have drugs, and just in general pretty nice and cool. At least the ones I knew. And to be fair I met them, then found out they were a stripper.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

No, I met them through my old pot dealer, we had fun doing whatever and they made brownies too which was great. Only found out like a few weeks after already hanging out with them that they stripped. It's the same with other strippers, though some I already knew before hand and then decided to show off their boobs for dollar bills.

Me not knowing is a common thing apparently because the only time I slept with a married woman who wasn't my wife was another of my pot dealers buyers. Me and this woman hooked up for quite a bit of time, I even went over to her house and did stuff there. She said she was divorced but still wore the ring sometimes.

I found out she was married when her husband knocked on my door looking for me. I naturally said that I wasn't home and he just cried about how he just wanted to talk, not fight about the whole situation. He found out because apparently she said my name a whole bunch in her sleep.

I don't know what happened after, I was pretty freaked out. I still feel bad about it even though it really wasn't my fault. I did ask if she was married, she just lied to me and I never saw her husband.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Sounds like strippers don't make cool friends. Your story makes them sound like broken people who unnecessarily hurt others by their selfish actions

That was the dealer dude and yeah he was pretty loving toxic and the reason I ended up homeless for almost a year.

I'm not saying now, back when I was 18-19 having stripper friends was A-OK with me.

Edit: apparently I had dated more ex-strippers than I had thought.

My kinda :unsmith: stripper story was me and my old boss Joe deciding to go to that one strip club right next to Eglin because I was gonna go to Iraq. Ended up seeing this girl that I really really liked in high school and almost dated but she moved. Ended up seeing her on stage and I told Joe it was that chick. He laughed and said bullshit, I bet a pitcher of beer, and we shook. After the dance she went over and started doing that private dance peddling thing. She came over to my section and I stood up, said her name, and she loving ran over to me and hugged me. Joe got the pitcher, I got a private dance that was more sitting and talking.

Ended up hooking up the next night.

Went to Iraq blah blah blah, came back tried to get back together with her blah blah blah, Queen spending a week in California almost exclusively at another strip club she was working at. It was also the result of my biggest bar tab ever, which was like 210 dollars by myself. Things didn't end up workin out. She got married to some marine in Pendleton and apparently he tried to kill her and her daughter.

Edit edit current wife not a stripper or ever was. A lot better that way.

Soulex fucked around with this message at 04:09 on May 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I love this bumper sticker, hate the meaning but love the troll.

• Locked thread