Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My mom was pretty much the anti-dependa, since she never held a GS, MWR, or any other bullshit job the entire 28 years my dad was in. She often worked more hours than my dad, since she did 12 years as a deputy in two of the places we lived and 4 as a CPS investigator. My mom often refused to go to any spouse events aside from the retirement and promotion ceremonies of my dad and a few of his friends she actually liked.

My older brother's first wife was pretty much the epitome of "Officer's wife". While she had a law degree and passed the bar in a few states, she never took any legal work aside from being a part time business manager for a jewelry store. She liked to bring up that her husband was a jet pilot to anyone who would stand within 10 feet of her and bitch about enlisted people's wives at the PX and Commissary. Needless to say I was pretty thrilled when they split up.

A lot of guys I knew stationed at Pendleton had insanely hot wives, but most of them were either Tier 1 cunts or unequivocal skanks who cheated on their spouses, poo poo out off-colored children and then left their husband the second someone making more than 40K forgot to pull out. One of which was extra funny because the guy she was leaving her husband for was the manager of the strip club she worked at where her husband met her. She had told him she quit working there, but she just took a Mon-Thur morning shift instead and hid the money.

Now, most men who marry military women are military themselves. And I think it's like a 70/30 split on their rear end in a top hat to alright guy ration at best. Normally the guys who go chasing women in uniforms are sleazy as gently caress and more often than not just lovely con-artists. I only know two women who've been in the military and married someone else that was serving and not had it end in a terrible divorce over either abuse or infidelity. One was Air Force who married a really cool Coast Guard helicopter crew chief, the other was a Marine who married an AF JAG.

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jan 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Should have stood that bitch in front of some trees to make her look thinner

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Panfilo posted:

Another question: Do Dependas extend to LBGT couples/spouses? Would a lesbian spouse of a female servicemember be accepted among their herd/flock/whatever you call a group of these women?

Honestly I have no idea, I can imagine a gay dude would do better with officer's wives than a lesbian would simply because the average officer's wife being a college grad normally means they already have a gay friend or two anyhow.

With enlisted I'd suspect the religious fundie poo poo would make them a pariah though

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TPSDude posted:

Killeens's Walmart was pretty great for people watching.

Guess which word I think you're being far the generous with

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vengarr posted:

Where is the post shim

You said there would be a post

He OD'd on weed. RIP Shim, but not bong rips cause thats what killed him and that's just rude

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

krispykremessuck posted:

our corpsman used to field after hours calls from spouses about people trying to finger their dogs butthole (whatever thats called) and loving up the dog and isn't there anything he can do, as if he were a veterinarian

that's the level of intellect w/ mil spouses

also corpsman joke

Expressing anal glands.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

krispykremessuck posted:

yuck. why not just go to the vet? oh right

Most vets only charge like $15 to do it, the average groomer will throw it in for $5 with a toe nail trim and shampoo.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Panfilo posted:

How did a discussion about Dependas veer into dog buttholes? :psyduck:

Dependa's with no buttfingering expertise slashing dog anuses with press-on nails

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

maffew buildings posted:

New mouseover text please

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

Army Mormon wives are the most horrid thing on this planet. The Mormon men are usually put together and confident, if dorky, dudes who are obviously weird in an innocent but kinda creepy way, as is the Mormon tradition. But the women, however the hell they are assigned in those fancy underwear ceremonies, it just blows my mind. The women are ogres, and not in a gross slobby way like you'd expect in a mismatch so grievous. No, the ogres wear clothes and suits and have nice hair and hobbies like knitting and golf. I will never understand the Mormons. Really funny though, usually, and all secret perverts. One Mormon I worked for also named his kids after the Star Wars extended universe (stories from novels that have since been branded non-official when Disney bought in) children Jacen and Jaina (kids of Han Solo and Leia). And he was an apache pilot to boot. He never got any of my jokes.

Hot Mormon chicks marry either super old/rich Mormon guys after their first wife dies or they marry non-Mormon guys because they realized their entire religion was just an excuse for creepy old dudes to bang out 17 year olds

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

Officer wives are typically hotter because college. Which has a better genepool than Applebee's waitress.

Depends on the MOS, a lot of Intel and Admin officers have dog ugly wives in my experience because they lack the social skills to go after college girls and just ended up with whomever they met at church or their local dungeons and dragons group.

JAG and Pilot wives are normally super loving hot

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

To be honest, if you can't get laid in college, you deserve what you get. I got laid just visiting a college.

And no, online classes and masterbation doesn't count. We'd all have crazy numbers.

Getting laid on a senior visit day during high school is the reason I was kicked out of UGA before I even started and ultimately had to enlist

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

thems aint crazy eyes

Yeah, thats just "never gonna make me happy bitch face"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Buddy of mine who got out about 8 years ago as an E-4 just got married to a AF Reserve O-4, but she's a doctor that he met while going to school to get his Masters in Bio Chem

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah, I know a former Army E-4 who's now a therapist and she's married to an active duty Major that serves as a linguist for a intel unit. They met while she was in college working as a stripper a few months after getting out

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

I have so many questions..

What kind of therapist? Like... The one I have to talk to once a week so I don't blow my brains out? Or my psychologist?

Edit: or a physical therapist?

She was a parole officer until 2 years ago. Now she works for an office that gets homeless people in to counseling and rehab. She's actually pretty good at it. When I asked her why she SAS stripping even though she had the gi bill, her answer was "showing tits for a few hours paid more than a month of BAH in Nashville"

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

Welp.

You couldn't at least lie to me and make up an awesome story about her being a rebranded hooker?

No?

Kinda a dick move don't you think...

Her stripping stories are nuts, fwiw. She worked at a pretty upscale club and has a story about getting a pretty big deal county music producer kicked out of said club for trying to finger her rear end in a top hat during a private dance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Soulex posted:

I love this bumper sticker, hate the meaning but love the troll.

Isn't the guy who made it famous in the Natty Guard?

• Locked thread