Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

My mom met my dad when he was stationed in Germany, but she was like 32 and my dad was 29 or something, and she had been traveling for the past 10 years teaching for the DoD and abroad in schools in Japan and in Australia and then Germany, so it wasn't really to escape the poverty and dismal life of trailer trash.

My mom became a stay at home caretaker for us three boys, but I am almost certain that my mom mainly associated with people that she liked rather than whatever click that was going on. But they were noble families so maybe it was a more covert type of mil-wife dependa poo poo that went down. She also volunteered a ton of her time while we were in school at soup kitchens, the base church and at the salvation army, and then once we were all of driving age she now does tours at a local farm for elementary school kids.

We grew up mega normal for a military family. When I was young and naive about all things military relationship wise, I couldn't believe that the military could have so many divorces and lovely relationships, but yeah, that was a long rear end time ago..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I never saw this happen because I was in the guard, but I know that about 90% of all the married dudes who were nobles in my unit had wives/GF's that were, at minimum a 6.5/10. The ugliest was still easily boner-able and mainly just had an ugly grill but a nice set of hooters and a rockin bod.

What happens when the disgusting peasants gain a high enough KDR on Call of Duty IRL and prestige to Officer status? Does the wife get kidnapped during OCS by a bunch of gay dudes that put them on a strict diet, complete make-over and clothing revamp? Or do they just pick up a new wife when they check out of OCS? I wasn't in long enough to actually watch something like this happen, and all of the officers I knew were either straight outta college with no prior service or single with smoking hot girlfriends.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Edit: that explains it.. they stay in hiding.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jan 19, 2016

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I just submitted all paperwork for my wife to be part of the dependa underground. I've been slowly training her subconsciously to become a better leader so that she becomes queen dependa.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

This thread made me ask my mom about what life was like after she married my dad in regards to being a mil wife. She said her first encounter with the mil wife "click" that was the officers wives made her vow never to ever associate with military wives again. She said "I did not like them, I just made friends with wives and women who weren't associated with the military."

And my mom is one of those people who is nice to everyone.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

buttplug posted:

*checks bank account* man I'm glad I've never been married.

Being married isn't bad unless your wife/significant other is literally just a house jockey.

It's kids that vacuum up your bank account.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Laranzu posted:

Wife is going to school full time and not working. We're still drowning in positive cash flow.

Are we doing it wrong?

It's cooler when she graduates and you have a dual income with no kids bruh!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

we had a guard e-7 married to a guard o-4

they were weird

Hey I know a couple just like that, but they're both out and I don't think they were mega creepy...

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

What's the most dependa job that a wife can get? If I get to TBS I was hoping she'd get a job doing something like cashier at AAFES or, if she's lucky, some kind of secretary job at DEERS or whatnot.

note: this will be in addition of her FRG presidency

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

iyaayas01 posted:

Cashier for AAFES only really works as a stereotype if she's asian

I'm going with MLM for most stereotypical, although professional photographer is a close second

Oh yeah, the memories of living on post are coming back to me.

And the morning commissary baggers were all korean

Source: bagged groceries at ft. leavenworth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Saw a large majority of the strippers around Ft. Riley in the E.R

would not friend/date.

• Locked thread