Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm so excited I can't even write a decent OP! Roughly one hour ago a video was posted on the "EA Sports NCAA Football" Facebook page that literally showed signs of life.

http://deadspin.com/is-ea-sports-nc...dium=socialflow

I'll keep this OP updated as more info is released. Prepare your bodies to be ready!

E: EA is saying this is in regards to tonight's championship game. I'm not totally buying it just yet as it seems pretty random so let's what unfolds in the CFBCG.

quote:

Owen Good @owengood
“No news, sorry to get your hopes up.” EA Sports rep to me re: that Facebook heartbeat video. It’s about tonight’s nat’l championship game.

VVVV Saw it almost immediately after posting.

12:17pm Update: Owen Good @owengood
EA Sports third (official) statement to me re: NCAA Football fiasco:

quote:

We have no new plans or announcements to make regarding the EA SPORTS NCAA Football series. Today's National Championship game reminds us more than ever that the hearts in our community still beat for college football.
What is happening? :ohdear:

John Brown fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
You can update it with the info from EA that this refers only to the game tonight and that NCAA Football isn't coming back

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Welp. They've updated the original FB post to include some hint to the CFBCG.

Nothing to see here....

• Locked thread