Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

blue squares posted:

Eh, they impeached Clinton for lying to Congress, not for cheating

It isn't cheating if you're open with each other about it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scandalous Wench
Aug 9, 2010

by Lowtax
My mom described Nikki Haley thusly, "The Republicans had this ugly-looking lady talk about Obama's speech for an hour, saying 'This won't work, that won't work.' Can they do that? Why did Republicans pick a woman anyway? She was ugly so I turned the TV off."

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Scandalous Wench posted:

My mom described Nikki Haley thusly, "The Republicans had this ugly-looking lady talk about Obama's speech for an hour, saying 'This won't work, that won't work.' Can they do that? Why did Republicans pick a woman anyway? She was ugly so I turned the TV off."

She had a serious Greta Van Susteren thing going on with her teeth. I wouldn't say she's ugly but between the poo poo she was saying and the fact that she was snarling it out through clenched teeth (and the GOP site feed was not the camera she was addressing, so her entire speech video there had her looking off to the right and slightly above the camera, which made her look googly-eyed as hell) it wasn't a pleasant watch.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
How do they keep screwing up the camera location?

Didn't this happen with Bachmann too?

badatom
Dec 10, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I still think that was deliberate, because the last thing anyone wanted to see were those crazy eyes piercing directly through the TV screen.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

It's because they find teleprompters evil, so there has to be someone holding big cue cards instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

To be fair, they wanted the Space Admiral to feel comfortable so the camera was floating in zero-g.

• Locked thread