Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/how-to/growth-strategies/2016/01/use-power-sentences-to-advance-in-your-career.html

quote:

Power sentences
• What you need and what I can deliver is a strong match because….
• The opportunity to work together strongly appeals to me for the following reasons…
• I am passionate about learning more and adding my expertise to this …..
• My extensive study in this area will be of great benefit to your organization….
• I am extremely well qualified to work on this project because….
• I am deeply interested in adding my high-level experience that will help make a difference because….

What a great idea! But I don't think it goes far enough. These 'entry level' power sentences will get you a larger cubicle at most. I think we can come up with better ones. So have at it GBS. I'll kick things off with a couple of mine.

- I believe that I can bring skills to this company such as working the balls in addition to the shaft.
- What I lack in competence and work ethic I more than make up for in having a professional skin tone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
-im what you need, when you need it.

followed up with a little riff on haynes pantyhose i.e.

-consider the case for haynes pantyhose- according to haynes they will “make you smooth and silky, shapely sexy...” what they don't tell you is that all of the women prancing around on the commercials would be shapely, smooth, and sexy with or without haynes.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I am the dick to your organizations vagina

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Mr. Lowtax, what you need and what I can deliver is a strong match because your forums are dying a slow death just in the same way I am dying a slow death due to my alcoholism. The opportunity to work together strongly appeals to me for the following reasons; I have no life, I have no girlfriend and I spend all my time on your forums anyways. I am deeply interested in adding my high-level experience that will help make a difference because, well, poo poo. Things could get any worse now, could they?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

You'll have a hard time denying me the position with my gun pointed at your balls because...

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
I will literally blow you

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like to run through the pre-flight checks at the beginning of the interview pointing out all emergency exits and demonstrating the safety features of an average sized aircraft ( i carry my own seatbelt, life preserver, and oxygen mask for personal reasons) after that i sit down and move the chair real close to the interviewer so my face is about 4 inches from theirs and whisper "you know where you are? your in the jungle, baby. youre gonna (start creshendoing into a scream during this part) ddiiiiiiieiiEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!"

then push the interviewer off their chair and stand above them with arms raised making the hissing applause sound

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

I feel that my ability to be a corporate whore is not fully presented on my CV. I am willing to go above and beyond the expectations for me to sell out any friend or colleague to advance myself... and your portfolio!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i am synergy. i am literally the concept of synergy. if you anger me, no consultant will be able to save your first quarter figures.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I don't know anything about what your company does, nor do i plan to learn. However, I speak loudly, make decisions instantly, and never admit I was wrong

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

*is hired as CEO*

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
I can totes leverage all your synergies and whatnots.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
Let me tell you something about myself. I never drink before 8am. Ever. And I'll bring that same level of self-control and determination to this role

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Skeleton Ape posted:

I don't know anything about what your company does, nor do i plan to learn. However, I speak loudly, make decisions instantly, and never admit I was wrong

Skeleton Ape posted:

*is hired as CEO elected President of the United States*

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

your sales trends for the past year are a neg hole and i can poz it

Yudo
May 15, 2003

have you ever googled "goatse?"

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

I have very strong hands. I have the strongest hands in this state.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
My boss is a greasy i-tal what should I do GBS?

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

Nooner posted:

My boss is a greasy i-tal what should I do GBS?

fuhgettaboutit!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Why, sir, I promise you you'll never see anyone bend over and take it as hard as I can.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does this scale?

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

i'm gay

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i am synergy. i am literally the concept of synergy. if you anger me, no consultant will be able to save your first quarter figures.

SCRUMSCRUMSCRUMSCRUM

I can leverage this guy's synergy to pursue a CRM strategy to bring in outside-assets.

SCRUMSCRUMSCRUMSCRUM

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

what eVer happened to HEIL HITLER

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

same here

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The modern marketplace demands a responsive flexibility oft referred to as being "Agile." I believe, and hope you'll soon agree, that nothing could by more Agile than the ability to effortlessly suck your own dick, as I am prepared to demonstrate.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
- i will suck your dick no question once a week

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I love this company, and I will do anything do advance our quarterly reports. I will kill your child and gently caress your wife if it will please the shareholders.

edit: nvm

kalel fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jan 11, 2016

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
ill deliver action items so hard itll make you moist

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I work well in an open office space, especially when the organization has flattened their hierarchy.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i can synergize meat and bread into a sandwich

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Parallax Scroll posted:

i can synergize meat and bread into a sandwich

Congrats, you are now a subway sandwich artist.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

"You know sir, I have the balls to run your company. In fact I believe my balls are larger than yours"

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Congrats, you are now a subway sandwich artist.

movin on up

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

I am in need of a visa and am not entirely sure what my time is worth. What sounds fair to you?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I would suck your dick right here but...

Illavick
Sep 15, 2012

WHENA MINA RENA VATIVE
The "wash your hands" sign in the bathroom is not just for employees. In fact, it's not just for anybody at all!

Admiral_eX_laX
Jul 8, 2009

Historically Inaccurate
Apply yourself.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
Power word: Kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The air is dry and hot. The sun is beating down upon the nape of my neck; my polo is soaked in sweat. Around me, the coliseum of twenty-somethings roars for blood. I look ahead towards my opponent: a burly Irish man, with a red pompadour and a thick curled beard. He's wearing a plaid button-down and a pair of Wranglers; the mixture of the tasteful formality and playful friendliness of his attire astounds me.

A gong blasts somewhere up high. The stylish man ahead grins devilishly, and casually pushes some strands of hair back into place on the well-kept crown of his head. He swaggers towards me, and I to him. Each footfall of ours is, behind the veneer of confidence, calculated and deliberate. Finally we meet, a pace away from each other. I can feel the heat radiating from his large form, and a scent passes through the air... Acqua di Gio? A shiver runs down my spine.

He extends an arm forcefully. I take one short breath. Remember your training, I think to myself. I extend my hand and grasp his firmly. Something flashes in his eyes. Worry? Fear? I don't ponder it for too long. Finally, he speaks: "Hello there! I'm Bradley Walsh, I'll be conducting your interview today." He turns and grins towards the masses, prompting a loud cheer. This one seems to be a real crowd pleaser. He turns again to me. "What do you consider..."--he pauses for dramatic effect, with some in the crowd still giggling and whooping--"...to be your greatest strengths?"

I plant my feet and stare at him, willing my body into place. I must not show weakness now, at this critical hour. Recalling my training, I reply, "I'm a people person, a team player. I love to find ways to enhance communication among members of my group. As you can see on my CV..." I continue a lengthy anecdote about my prowess. I feel beads of sweat coalesce and run down my face, but I do not dare let my voice waver. I can see his expression changing slowly--I can see it more clearly now--a complex mixture of bloodlust, rage, self-doubt, and manic glee. Countless legions of preppy upstarts, fresh from the college mill, have been felled by his hand; but now, what he might've thought to be a routine interview could become a brutal slaughter.

I finish my tale: "...so I am certainly an asset to any company looking to leverage their employees and provide real, long-term value." Each word is a sting in this mammoth hipster's pasty white skin, but a split second of shock is all he allows himself to feel before he rights himself, his arrogant airs returning to him.

"What do you consider to be your greatest weakness?" he recites with bluster.

Calmly, I return with, "I'm guilty of caring..." I pause, emboldened, "too much." At this, everything halts to a standstill. The crowd is hushed. The hip, edgy mountain of a man before me seems to have become a statue. I glare into his clear, focused eyes for a moment, before I allow myself to continue with a small chuckle. He follows me, chuckling and grimacing, his eyes full of fiery hatred for my daring play. The crowd breathes a collective sigh of relief. "Just kidding," I go on. "But to be frank, I have in the past, perhaps, prioritized punctuality over preparedness,"--Bradley snarls at my cunning use of alliteration--"but I have a stern commitment to my work, and, at the end of the day, my strong work ethic shines through, as I've demonstrated on numerous occasions including the projects I've outlined on my resume."

The beast is fuming with unbridled rage. He makes a shoddy attempt to compose himself before hastily muttering, "Er, why should we hire you?"

I focus all my power and strength. My muscles tense; my clean-pressed slacks ruffle in a small wind; my flowing hair, styled with the perfect combination of Lemon-Lime Garnier Fructis and beeswax styling gel, glistens and bounces. The moment of truth has arrived.

"Listen, Bradley--can I call you Brad?" This surprise maneuver threatens to pop one of the veins pulsating furiously on his forehead. "You *want* me at this company. I've gone into depth about my numerous qualities already. I'm..." Here we go. I take one step forward. "...proactive." Brad inches his foot a little behind him. I take another step. "Energized." He stumbles a bit backward. Before he can right himself I move again: "Team-oriented." He falls to his knees, gasping. I stand above him, and he looks up at me as if I could rend the very earth beneath him with a single flick of my finger. I kneel down to him. "And..." I whisper, locking eyes with him. The big finish is here, and the crowd knows it. With baited breath they wait for me to say it, and I hold the moment and stretch the tension for as long as I can. And then, finally---

"...synergized."

The crowd bursts into rapturous applause. They scream and holler, with a few voices beginning to chant my name. Several women in the crowd faint. Brad flattens himself to the ground, his head convulsing, his eyes twitching madly. The gong sounds once more to officiate my moment of glory and ascendance to near-godhood. I throw up my hands, grinning wide and true, hardly able to hear the blaring cornets over the wild mania of the people. My people.

• Locked thread