Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Hi I'm nooner, I work in an office and I bet a lot of you do too. Share your cool/funny/gross/depressing work stories itt (in this thread).

Here are mine just from today. I work in marketing but I'm right next to the sales guys so I get to listen to them all day. Right before lunch sales guy A was on a call with potential client and sales guy B made a cold call. I guess the guy who was cold called wasn't happy so he started cussing out sales guy B who then started yelling back at the guy and saying lots of bad cuss words. The guy sales guy A was on the line with heard sales guy B yelling and swearing and got offended and told sales guy A How in professional he was and hung up. A then flips and starts screaming at B for ruining his call, also cussing up a storm about not swearing or yelling while he is on a call, all 9f this happens when sales guy C is on a call pitching a guy lol.

Also we are soft launching the new site and sales guy A was super curious about the live chat feature and if it worked and how it worked and who saw it and stuff. After like 10 minutes of explaining it to him he finally gets it and goes back to his desk, then and minute later I get a notification that there is a new chat. It's sales guy A and he sent a message. The message was "friend of the family". This guy is like in his mid 50s lol

Post work stories!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

you jerked me off the other day!!!

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

Nooner posted:

Hi I'm nooner, I work in an office and I bet a lot of you do too. Share your cool/funny/gross/depressing work stories itt (in this thread).

Here are mine just from today. I work in marketing but I'm right next to the sales guys so I get to listen to them all day. Right before lunch sales guy A was on a call with potential client and sales guy B made a cold call. I guess the guy who was cold called wasn't happy so he started cussing out sales guy B who then started yelling back at the guy and saying lots of bad cuss words. The guy sales guy A was on the line with heard sales guy B yelling and swearing and got offended and told sales guy A How in professional he was and hung up. A then flips and starts screaming at B for ruining his call, also cussing up a storm about not swearing or yelling while he is on a call, all 9f this happens when sales guy C is on a call pitching a guy lol.

Also we are soft launching the new site and sales guy A was super curious about the live chat feature and if it worked and how it worked and who saw it and stuff. After like 10 minutes of explaining it to him he finally gets it and goes back to his desk, then and minute later I get a notification that there is a new chat. It's sales guy A and he sent a message. The message was "friend of the family". This guy is like in his mid 50s lol

Post work stories!!!

are you one

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

when i worked at a pool concessions stand, one of my coworkers was late by, like, an hour and a half to her shift. me and the other cashier were berating her poor work ethic and hoping she got fired since she's been late before. turns out she was testifying in court because her mom's boyfriend attempted to murder her mother. i kind of felt like an rear end in a top hat when i found out.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
my technology director thinks solid state drives are inherently soldered onto a board and are therefore irremovable. he's also a hulking mass of man.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i made 120 pounds (lbs) of pizza dough today

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Nooner posted:

Post work stories!!!

i didn't know FYAD was a company

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

scott zoloft posted:

my technology director thinks solid state drives are inherently soldered onto a board and are therefore irremovable. he's also a hulking mass of man.

At my old company my boss called me over because she needed help because "I want to put more files into this folder but it's full"

Like she thought the file was "physically full" like you can't add more to it one the screen is full like scrolling bars don't exist or something

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

i've been puking in the coffee pot every day for the past 2 weeks

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
i worked at a family fun center in high school. like a privately owned chucky cheese type place. sometimes kids would piss, poo poo, and vomit all up in the overhead play tunnels. and it was essentially navigating a small cramped maze towards terrible treasure to clean up 30 feet above, and possibly also crying kids to fish out. but I could also play the time crisis II machine for free so whether or not it sucked is basically a wash.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same

Nooner posted:

At my old company my boss called me over because she needed help because "I want to put more files into this folder but it's full"

Like she thought the file was "physically full" like you can't add more to it one the screen is full like scrolling bars don't exist or something

tell her to imagine how streamlined we'd be if she died and you got her paycheck.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
at my wild west cowboy job i once shot a man for snorin' too loud

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Celluloid Sam posted:

i made 120 pounds (lbs) of pizza dough today

keep up the good work!!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

was this in Reno

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

was this in Reno

i honestly have no idea i was young and wild and full of whiskey. thats before i met my sweet clementine. she cured me of drinkin and cussin and fightin.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I more or less quit a year and a half ago but kept showing up to work to collect a paycheck. My punishment was being promoted to management; a tough, but fair, employer.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the first thing i did when i became a neurological pathologist was hang my degree on the wall, the second thing i did was take a whole bottle of oxycontin and chase it with a fifth of bourbon. they pumped my stomach and i got a free (much needed) 2 week vacation.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

dad gay. so what posted:

but ur still alive

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Putty posted:

but ur still alive

when they shut down the stealth bathysphere program at NASA due to funding cuts (thanks bu$h!!) i did a brief stint as an intern with a local nail salon and it was probably the most rewarding work i have ever done, except for when i worked as a riverboat captain in new orleans

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
one time at my job of streaming videogames and screaming for a living i found a potato chip under my gamer rig and ate it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Kuato posted:

I more or less quit a year and a half ago but kept showing up to work to collect a paycheck. My punishment was being promoted to management; a tough, but fair, employer.

The American Dream

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

at the amusement park I worked at we would stay super late get stoned and watch torrented movies or play ps3 on an imax projector, sometimes we would flip the breaker for one of the arcades and play games into the wee hours of the morning, they also had this cool laser trip-wire room that you have to get through like that movie with the sexy actress (emilyblunt?) it was timed and really difficult felt like tom cruise executing a perfect roll and tuck-dive between lasers. oh and we didn't clock out while we did all this

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Nooner posted:

It's sales guy A and he sent a message. The message was "friend of the family". This guy is like in his mid 50s lol

a straight shooter for middle management imo

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

"tells it like it is"

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

basement jihadist posted:

you jerked me off the other day!!!

*dinosaur jerker nooner turns to camera and shrugs* it's a livin

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

someone took a poo poo in a fitting room and I helped clean it up. they put a bunch of clothes on top of it to hide it or something. it was really gross

oh is this a joke thread? mine's true though I wish it weren't.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Cowman posted:

someone took a poo poo in a fitting room and I helped clean it up. they put a bunch of clothes on top of it to hide it or something. it was really gross

oh is this a joke thread? mine's true though I wish it weren't.

no its not a joek thread, my stories are 100% real things that just happened this morning. My office is kinda weird but its fun and chill also, just the sales guys are nuts

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

what if the guy was buying clothes for the turd and just trying them on??? rude of u to barge in on it

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm an old timey fish monger who spends most of his day monging almost fresh fish from a mule pulled wagon on the dreary streets of this tenement community.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Right now I'm on workman's comp so I get paid to laze about and draw tacoman and shitpost.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The person I share an office with eats his lunch at his desk every day (I go out) and he eats very slowly, like over the course of an hour, and he eats very loudly. I find it really disturbing and I don't know what to do about it.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

TEAYCHES posted:

The person I share an office with eats his lunch at his desk every day (I go out) and he eats very slowly, like over the course of an hour, and he eats very loudly. I find it really disturbing and I don't know what to do about it.

i do this but i've got my own office, sucker.

my office is 95% women. you'd think as a hot single young dude that would be ideal for me but they're all old or married.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

dreezy posted:

i do this but i've got my own office, sucker.

my office is 95% women. you'd think as a hot single young dude that would be ideal for me but they're all old or married.

ahh yes prime cucking material

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
When I worked in the toilet department at Lowes, about three times a month we'd get wiseguys who wanted to take one of the display toilets for a "test drive" so to speak. Nothing like spending an entire afternoon opening lids trying to figure out which of the two hundred toilets the poo poo smell is coming from.

poo poo was actually the easiest to find because it's visible. If someone pisses in the toilet and you don't catch it right away then the urine dries and you have to figure out which toilet got pissed in by smell alone.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Once i threw 600kg of salt in the bin

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice

Isaac posted:

Once i threw 600kg of salt in the bin

you must be very strong

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lmao all the sales guys are yelling at eachother right now cause one of the guys said a lead we got through the website was his guy but then it turns out he never contacted the guy lol

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

amusinginquiry posted:

you must be very strong

:madmax:

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

I proccess data for people and give them attitude about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kittiesgomeow
Oct 13, 2008

This avatar cost on average $27.
i had a student throw up on his final exam once. it went all over the place and all over him and all over the table he was at. then he started sobbing. so the entire room of 600 students just hears *hyuck* *sob* and i'm sure everyone is now feeling very confident about the exam.

the course coordinator made me wash the exams off and copy them so he could keep taking the exam :(

• Locked thread