Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

For some reason my mom loves this show and keeps suggesting I watch it

Not sure why. She bought me the first season on DVD. Maybe one day I'll watch. Maybe.

I saw the first two episodes of the British version and was impressed by how many of the actors I recognized.

You should stop being like those other TVIV posters and start being like us cool show watchers who watch the show. I swear this show is like the best show that nobody watches, and it's always the least popular thread in TVIV and it kills me every season. Critics love it, everybody outside of TVIV apparently loves it, don't know why more people on the Forums aren't into it.

Aces High posted:

on one hand I kind of want to see a brief flashback to Carl's time in Juvi but on the other I get the feeling that it works better with the segment they gave us. We all know he got treated the way he did because he didn't snitch and took his two days so what's left to show outside of some altercations with Chucky's neo-Nazi brethren?

Yeah they kinda built it up like an "Oh poo poo" moment, like we were going to have an all-out gang war in juvie but then we just skip straight to this season and Carl gets out. Right now all I'm hoping for is that Mickey gets out somehow, although they spent a lot of time with his character in previous seasons so maybe they could put him to rest for a season or so. I imagine they're going to show his life in prison in a few episodes at least though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Botnit posted:

Uh, what do you think Fiona could've done to "double check"? She's barred from getting any information herself.

Does non-disclosure really carry over to legal guardians in cases involving minors? Especially when it's underage pregnancy?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I never get tired of people being visibly fed up with Frank's bullshit. No matter what Frank says or does at this point, everybody's so jaded about his presence that they just ignore him.

Everybody except the new local hipsters. I'm sure Frank's going to wind up being some YouTube superstar or the mouthpiece of "authenticity" for all the new hipsters in the neighborhood.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

StoneOfShame posted:

So Yanis is the best character on TV right, I want more of his struggles against the lesbians trying to take over his neighborhood.

Seeing him yelling about "rapefucking the dyke out of them" was one of the most uncomfortable things I've laughed at in a show, which is pretty par for the course with Shameless.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Dmitri-9 posted:

You guys are talking about Kit McDermott right?

A name like that wouldn't get confused with Dermot Mulroney or Dylan McDermott. If it were Donald McDermott or Dermot McDonald or something then yeah.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

It seemed like the guy who interrupted said something to the effect of this journal having just been discovered like the day of or day before her presentation. I thought it was more about how New Media was supplanting peer-reviewed articles and how quickly new information can spread across social media and news sites. It wasn't like she missed some years-old or months-old article, it was something that happened basically the day of her presentation. It was showing the widening informational gap between the old and new generation.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I tried to watch a few minutes of the UK version and it felt like I was watching a telenovela version of the "real" Shameless. Completely different tonally, very flat cinematography and of course it was hard to get through some of the accents.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

I think the point still stands that had she not been loving around with lip she would have caught that before going up to present.

The payoff to that whole plot thread cements it, had she not been distracted with Lip she'd not be staring down the Board about to probably get probated or fired. If there's one constant in this show, it's that every Gallagher, no matter how "good" or well-meaning they are, will inevitably gently caress up somebody's life and drag them down into the muck. Probably while also loving up their own life in the process.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

DarkCrawler posted:

(Lip basically needs to end up as a comatose patient to balance his insane luck though)

Even then he'd still have sensation in his dick and every day a new hot nurse's aide would come in and jerk him off.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

GobiasIndustries posted:

I got the opposite feeling honestly, it seemed like she was more of a one-off thing...I think Lip might not get a happy ending here. His reaction to the girl calling an ambulance for him wasn't what you'd hope for re: admitting he's got a drinking problem. Since he doesn't have a car with which to get into a drunk accident, there doesn't seem to be much else he could do that'd wake him up to the fact that he's got a serious problem apart from getting kicked out of school which'd probably just spiral him deeper.

I'm frank(heh)ly tired of seeing Lip have everything handed to him and doing no wrong. I want him to majorly gently caress up, or else do something remotely interesting besides bewitching co-eds with his Magical Dick.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

Frank gets a new liver for free, and basically is impervious to death and can dodge bullets like a super hero?

It doesn't take superhuman powers to run from Mac 10 fire, those things are probably inaccurate as hell. Plus, you know, plot armor in a comedy-drama show. Frank's not going to get shot down in a hail of gunfire and die in the first ten minutes of an episode.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Not Today Satan posted:

Me too. It's weird only a handful of the actual cast is in it and they're all so different now!

The only person in the credits not in the cast currently is Jimmy and we don't see anything but his naked rear end so it could literally be anybody's naked rear end.

But yeah Ian, Debbie and especially Liam are a lot different now that they've grown up. And Kevin hasn't had hair in a few seasons now.

Xoidanor posted:

Yeah honest to god, finally!

Can't wait to see how they gently caress it up in the next episode.

He'll stick his magical dick in the English professor again and get a full pardon without having to get involved in rehab, and every sorority girl will throw themselves pussy-first at him while he works on the novel that will get him tenure.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

Hhahah yess. Great episode. My reactions completely to this episode. I really hope they don't go down the route and murder Fionas Husband :(. Can he accidentally kill Deb instead?

I know that the show's not above killing someone like Sean off so it's a concern, I kinda like Sean.

I think what's more likely to happen is that the guy will gently caress up while trying to kill Sean, leading Sean to kill him which would violate his parole and he'd go back to prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Aces High posted:

so I guess Sean won't be charging Frank with fraud or theft over the credit card because of the heroin thing then?

Nah, he probably won't be charging Frank with anything without proof that Frank did anything. Knowing someone stole from you and proving it in a court of law are two different things. At best, Sean might beat Frank's rear end a bit again.

• Locked thread