Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Dermot Mulroney =/= Dylan McDermott

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

also, calling it now, firefighter is gonna be Ian's new man
That was kind of implied, yeah?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gonna need a gif of that flaming wheelchair

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I only just got the Number 1 and Number 2 joke :downs:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

It was a dick move to interrupt her in the middle of her talk and invalidate her presentation, yeah. She talks about the irony of having her book thesis and talk destroyed by a gay Jesuit, so it's implied she knows him which makes sense as he's another academic in her field.
I think she said he was a gay Jesuit because he was extremely effeminate and was there from Loyola.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Gus made a chump move. He's ridiculously petty, his band sucks, his apartment is stupid and he could have filed for divorce on his own.

Nick was written off in a stupid and needlessly brutal way. You could have had him attack a kid and go back to prison without jumping straight to hammer murder.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I wish I could leave conversations via slide

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That was an all-time Frank rant

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like how Caleb's response to Ian asking if he was a gay prop was saying no while basically reaffirming that he was in fact a prop.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lip's story bums me out because he's my favorite character and the writers have made him really stupid

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I don't really care about dropped plot threads in a character-driven show like this (Friday Night Lights is one of my favorite shows of all time) as long as the stuff they replace those plots with isn't incredibly stupid.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It's always weird that they don't bother with the Oscars but gladly go up against the Super Bowl. I guess the Oscars go later and conflict with the second showing as well.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
That whole episode was pretty bad

Also lol I didn't pick up on Rick Fox playing Frank's muscle

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 7, 2016

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Rick has been acting in various roles for a while now, I guess because he played in LA and is handsome. Must've stuck with you somewhere

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Lip has basically become pure writer's fantasy, even more than he was before

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

nooneofconsequence posted:

Did they ever explain why he didn't take the full ride to MIT with the guarantee he wouldn't have to take undergrad classes and would just be allowed to work on robots?

Being near family? Something about not abandoning his roots?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
She's basically like Michael Bluth in that she seems like the one keeping things together but on closer look she's terrible. But I still root for her because Rossum does a great job of making her easy to empathize with.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Aces High posted:

I don't know what else to make of this episode, it felt more like filler and in a show that only has at most 10 episodes each season there's no reason for that. We got to follow Lip around and watch him get his libido back in what had to be one of the most awkward scenes I have ever seen on tv, and then they turned around and made it even dumber with that last shot of him in the sex room. I mean, I don't get it, is this just a Showtime/HBO thing? They need to have a quota of T&A for each episode?
Every season has had 12 episodes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Hover boards aren't banned in the US, what are you talking about? I see them all the time, and I live in the city Shameless is set in.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Pellisworth posted:

Maaaaaybe this show will take Ian's arc in a positive direction.
heh

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AA is for Quitters posted:

Ian purposely trying to bug catch and new guy flipping out about it and breaking up with Ian over it would be something totally in character for Ian, and a way to do that storyline without being cliche or enforcing a negative stereotype.

Pos my neg rear end, fireman

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Liked this episode a lot more than the previous one but that ending was an eyeroller.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

White Rabbit posted:

This show is in such fine form, it's without a doubt its best season yet. Like many I'm not a huge fan of Sean or Debbie but these storylines are starting to come together really well.

Mostly I'm really happy to watch Shameless on a weekly basis, this season moves forward in time really fast and so much stuff is happening. I really enjoy my time with the Gallaghers but it wouldnt be the same if I could binge through 4 episodes a night.

I would call this by far the worst season. But it's still enjoyable.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Mariana Horchata posted:

i didnt see any preview but based on last episode

i dont think the baby is going to last too long on the show, in fact i never thought they would actually have her end up giving birth and keeping it - but thats all just a hunch, I thought when she mentioned SIDS and being overprotective there was some foreshadowing but it ended up with the baby dropped on the floor and not dead.
That would be by far the darkest thing the show's ever done. There's no way that's the route they take.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

First episode of season 7 is now available on the showtime website ahead of the Oct 2 premiere.

Oct. 2 premiere? The last season didn't even end six months ago! All my winter shows are sneaking up on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

In your defense, it is a shorter break this time, last season started in January.

I know, that's what I'm getting at. I'm fairly sure it's always started in January so it wasn't on my radar at all. The same thing happened with Transparent dropping yesterday when the last season came in December.

• Locked thread