Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Current title-holders: Alabama, Duke, Patriots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Noctone posted:

yeah it's oregon and it's in lincoln so that should be a fun debacle.

northwestern-illinois-bye-indiana-purdue-wisconsin-ohio state-minnesota-maryland-iowa is the conference schedule so in theory if they're not dogshit nebraska should top .500

Reminder that Illinois beat Nebraska by running the same play 6 consecutive times inside the 5

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Why even watch college football if it's going to be the same?

because TCU 47, Oregon 41 (3OT), Duke 44, Indiana 41 (OT), West Virginia 43, Arizona State 42, Virginia Tech 55, Tulsa 52, Houston 38, Florida State 24, Appalachian State 31, Ohio 29, Wisconsin 23, USC 21, and so on.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

kayakyakr posted:

because TCU 47, Oregon 41 (3OT), Duke 44, Indiana 41 (OT), West Virginia 43, Arizona State 42, Virginia Tech 55, Tulsa 52, Houston 38, Florida State 24, Appalachian State 31, Ohio 29, Wisconsin 23, USC 21, and so on.

Seriously, I try to be a religious Minnesota fan and its wearing thin.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
ALSO

quote:

ANN ARBOR -- Jim Harbaugh's got another idea.

We'll see if he's allowed to do it.

A source with knowledge of the situation told MLive on Sunday that the Michigan football program is considering an attempt to spend a portion of its upcoming spring practice session in the state of Florida.

The news was first reported Sunday by The Wolverine, who reported that Harbaugh will potentially try to have the team spend one week of its practice session at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

A Michigan spokesman could not confirm or deny the news Sunday night.

Per the NCAA rulebook, the only noted limitations on spring practice sessions are as follows:

• Teams are limited to 15 postseason (after the bowl season) practice sessions, which includes any type of "spring game."

• All practice sessions must be conducted within a period of 34 consecutive calendar days -- "omitting vacation and examination days officially announced on the institution's calendar and days the institution is closed due to inclement weather."

• Any practices held on vacation days (spring break) can not last longer than practices held on normal days when school is in session.

• Teams can only practice in full pads for 12 of their 15 workouts. And no contact is allowed before the team's third formal workout. Non-contact practices can only feature helmets -- no other pads.

• Eight of the 12 contact workouts can involve "tackling" and "no more than three of the eight tackling sessions may be devoted primarily (more than 50 percent) to 11-on-11 scrimmages." Additionally, tackling is prohibited in four of the 12 contact sessions.

• The "amount of time a student-athlete may be involved in such postseason countable athletically related activities shall be limited to a maximum of four hours per day and 20 hours per week."

Oh that's nice, the smaller programs who can't afford this are going to get screwed harder.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

D.N. Nation posted:

the stuff of nightmares

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

ALSO

Oh that's nice, the smaller programs who can't afford this are going to get screwed harder.

Ultimate troll after beating the Gators.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Scionix posted:

he's probably going home, homie. His family doesn't live in Alabama

e: apparently he just missed it? how does that even happen

He was busy nailing Saban's daughter in the locker room.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
I just looked up UConn's schedule for next year. They play Syracuse, Virginia and Boston College, of which 2 of 3 made coaching changes and one of which is on the hot seat.

Let's hope for no quick turnarounds

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I had a complete blast last night. The only thing that sucks worse than losing like that, though, is losing like that and being on the other side of the country from your house. Today is going to be so long...

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

The Human Cow posted:

I had a complete blast last night. The only thing that sucks worse than losing like that, though, is losing like that and being on the other side of the country from your house. Today is going to be so long...

As far as losses go, this one is remarkably tolerable. Beating an already close spread and not just rolling over against a really good team with a heisman winning RB and the nation's best front-7...

I'll take that over a blowout any day of the week.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

And for the NHL, it's hockeys Alabama, Chicago.

Someone end the sports pain :shepicide:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How do you college football fans deal with the fact that because of how the collegiate sporting system works as long as Nick Saban lives he will probably win a championship every loving year?

Because "winning a national title" isn't even on the radar of my team. Being competitive in most games and going 6-6 or 7-5 and winning a bowl game is what I cheer for. Teams like Alabama might as well be playing a different sport.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Scarf posted:

As far as losses go, this one is remarkably tolerable. Beating an already close spread and not just rolling over against a really good team with a heisman winning RB and the nation's best front-7...

I'll take that over a blowout any day of the week.

Oh, totally. Just the "being so close to a championship" part, I meant. I couldn't be prouder of the team.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa 9th in the final AP poll. Seems fair, and it's right where we were in 02-04. Ferentz's fifth top ten team, which is pretty amazing given all the limitations of the program and how often people have wanted him gone (including me after last year). The season couldn't have ended any worse than it did, but in hindsight I hope people remember how absurd and fun the ride to 12-0 was and remember it as the special season it was. Given that 2002 and all the Hayden Rose Bowl teams had similarly bad endings I imagine they will within a few years.

We're gonna be way over ranked going into next year I think. I could see maybe in the 20s or something, but I've seen us all the way up in the Top 10 some places. I know why people are optimistic when they look at what we bring back but this was a lightning in a bottle year. We're not going to being to recreate it, even with the same guys.

On a non-Iowa note, that title game was great. Back and forth and really well played offensively on both sides (love you, Lane). Clemson has consistently been really fun to watch under Dabo, I hope they get a title eventually.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Some day, Minnesota will win the Rose Bowl, and I will be there, in the stands, screaming my head off. Even if we lose 50-0, I will smile that it will be the first time since my parents were young that Minnesota even sniffed a Rose Bowl. Go Gophers and God bless the United States of America.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Did this ever get posted because holy loly...

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

The ZOMG 10 WINS AND YA FIRED HIM Richt Truthers should note that Georgia (10-3) finishes the year unranked in the AP poll. And that's a fine decision, too; I don't know who you'd bump out of the Top 25 for the Dawgs. Florida? Beat Georgia 27-3. 4-loss Tennessee? Also beat Georgia. Etc.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Scarf posted:

Did this ever get posted because holy loly...

God I thought he had a ponytail at first.

I hate Bama because I'm a UT fan and we're supposed to hate Bama.

Historically, I haven't really cared about Clemson but since I've lived in Atlanta I've met some people that I can't stand that are Clemson things so I want bad things for Clemson because of them.

That said the Bama/Clemson posters here are cool and that was an awesome game to watch.

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Why even watch college football if it's going to be the same?

Oooo oooo I can tell you why.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Alabama is the John Cena of football.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

wootmachine posted:

Oooo oooo I can tell you why.

I've watched it religiously for years and I'm starting to get bored of it, I'm sure this is normal at some point in a fans life.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Warbird posted:

Alabama is the John Cena of football.

(Clemson hits Bama with chair, ladder, and timekeeper's bell, DDTs Bama on the announcers' table)
(Clemson pins Bama)
(Bama rolls out of it and locks in an STFU, Clemson taps)

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I'm still not sure if having Urbz at pre-game and halftime is funnier than James Franklin doing the same for the B1G championship.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Also checking the final poll it looks like Minnesota lost to 4th, 7th, 9th, 12th, 21st, 23rd.

There is hope.

I will be happy.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

How the gently caress could you have been bored of this season in particular? Every week had a good game

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Fun year, good games. Next year will suck as a Wisconsin fan, @Michigan, @Michigan State, @Iowa, @NW, Ohio State at home and LSU @ Lambeau. Going to the game in Lambeau is going to be awesome though.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Fluffdaddy posted:

How the gently caress could you have been bored of this season in particular? Every week had a good game

My team fell apart because our coach was killing himself coaching football. I just felt so disappointed and sad

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
College football is cool and fun even when my team is bad

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

College football is great because every weekend something insane happens so it's fun to watch games that your team is not involved in.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Scarf posted:

He was busy nailing Saban's daughter in the locker room.

This is known.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

It's noon, I just woke up an hour ago, I'm hungover as poo poo, and Jacob Coker is still a national championship winning quarterback after one of the best title games I've ever watched. Football is good

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Top Hats Monthly posted:

My team fell apart because our coach was killing himself coaching football. I just felt so disappointed and sad

Seeing Kill go down like that was the worst feeling even from a non-Gopher, and then that choking against Michigan right at the end would have really otherwise been something special.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

So I take it TCU is losing a shitload of seniors?

I think its mainly just losing boykin for the lower ranking. But theyve also never had a new qb in their new offense so they might just pick up where they left off. Baylor is too high though, well get our qbs back but both oline and dline are going to be reloading. Oline has good coaching so hopefully can be good, but our defense is baylor defense worst ever so takes a full season just to get below average results.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Until Oregon's transfer qb is announced I don't think they should be a 25 team imo

E: vvvv oh I was unaware

Metapod fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 12, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

Until Oregon's transfer qb is announced I don't think they should be a 25 team imo

It already has been though? Dakota Prukop from Montana St. He's already enrolled and everything.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee's stud OLB Jalen Reeves-Maybin has announced he will return for his senior season.

:getin: :getin: :getin:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
gently caress I've been so busy catching up on blurbs and stories about the game last night i've gone half the work day without my email open... This'll be fun

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee's stud OLB Jalen Reeves-Maybin has announced he will return for his senior season.

:getin: :getin: :getin:

Yesssssssssssss. Stay home Sutton!

I can't wait to see what Shoop does with him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I think Auburn has a lot of good players coming back, and I'm hopeful they can have a better season next year.

Unfortunately, they have a whole new defense staff and Clemson as their first game.

• Locked thread