Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Maybe on their offense but their defense is pretty senior-laden

It's easy to win games with a young defense when your offense is going to be dropping 50 burgers every game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/2iew.mp4

I'm just...I just don't know what I'm supposed to do with my hands

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope Tennessee chokes hard next year, because it's what their fans deserve.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Tennessee posters approaching Alabama levels of smug without any of the success.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Can't wait for Bama posters to be taken down a peg or two next year.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm pretty sure the only reason Harbaugh is coaching college is so he can do all of this crazy poo poo for fun under the guise of being revolutionary

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm sorry but disrupting a class should be against the rules. It's really inconsiderate of the other students. I love Harbaugh hijinks but that one rubbed me the wrong way.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I watched that movie concussion and never realized just how much CTE screws with your mind

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Figures the slimeball lawyers get most of it

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Spacemonkey57 posted:

That would be tacky. It was Cheesecake Factory.

Love me some cheesecake

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

I mean the first line is "FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FOR IOWA" so

Could be just the instrumental

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thats what you get when you roll your dollar bill too tightly. SMDH

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Emron posted:

Does this mean Missouri vacates the 2013 SEC East

Are you guys at Alabama going to try and claim that title too?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Maybe Maty Mauk turned to hard drugs to deal with his struggles fitting in on a campus full of people who didn't like hard drugs

Let's all consider that before we judge him too harshly

Uh excuse me Missouri loves meth

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

SECession :smug:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mauktober running wild 24/7 in rehab.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

They just remember him going all JFF on someone and can't unremember it.

You mean on us for homecoming :v:?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

Artist rendering of jumbotron that may be put up for VT Tennessee game

Can't wait for that lowest bidder construction to fall on the field in the middle of the game

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Haha from the article:

DOZENS I TELL YOU

Well technically it's more than one dozen. :toot:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That looks gross. No wonder you love that poo poo you swamp things.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

tennessee is east of the mississippi. its even in the eastern timezone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xijXhiH5H9A

Lol isn't northwestern central time?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hi my name is Josh Dobbs and I'd like to talk to you about the Volunteers initiative

for reals though Josh Dobbs is cool and probably one of the smarter kids in Football. He's an aerospace engineer and is currently in an internship program with Pratt & Whitney.

I like that yarmulke he's wearing.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

USF will be a fun team to root for this year. Willie Taggart is doing some good things with that program.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

swickles posted:

Awww, I too once fell for the old "USF is on the verge of relevance" trick. That was in like 2004.

USFs biggest mistake was firing Leavitt. They completely went into the dumpster after that.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

MourningView posted:

Taggert is already starting to turn it around, they'll be alright if they can keep him for a bit.

That was implied in my post before this ;)

But yea agreed. From what I've read on local news he seems to like it down here so hopefully they can keep him around.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

He wasn't a hands on coach, and his assistants were lovely. You can't do the CEO thing if your VP's are garbage. He was terrible with game management. His offense was way too "safe" aka boring and as a result he basically wasted the talent of a lot of pretty decent athletes. The team just stopped believing in itself after a while.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

USF's hand was forced. He hit a player and then tried to cover it up.

Depends who you ask. Given i knew the player personally and their family, there's some room for interpretation with everything. Not to mention that Leavitt *won* a lawsuit for wrongful termination. Well not won, but he got 3 mil basically. But yea USF's hand was forced you're right but not because of the facts, because of the narrative. Anyway, it's over and done and I'll never be able to prove otherwise it's just what I believe.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sash! posted:

We'll probably never see a season as glorious as 2007 ever again.

I mean between "every #2 team lost every week" and "hey remember that week where like the whole top 25 lost" there's no way.

This was the best poo poo.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Gonz posted:

Rashan Gary is cool and good and I hope he tackles many players but especially players on the Buckeyes and Spartans.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I like the :airquote:s around "high school."

IMG is loving weird in general.

IMG is crazy. They are one of our clients and I visited them recently. They get a ton of private funding from all sources - NFL teams/NCAA boosters/Private donors. It's not regulated at all so it's basically a sports facility with some schoolin on the side.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I don't know why you scrubs are dissing the nature boy. Ric Flair owns

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

:fap:

One of the QBs tweeted a pic of the "QB squad" or whatever and Treon was conspicuously absent.

I can only get so erect

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I've already had this moment twice, another won't matter.

Brantley-->Driskel

Driskel-->Treon

Ain't afraid of dyin', I done it already.

Come to find out Driskel wasn't entirely garbage it was the coaching staff. Shocking.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

To be fair we've seen quarterbacks incapable of doing that type of thing.

Yea we all know about Matty Ice.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Edit: maybe I should read the thread

C'mon son

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Crotch Bat posted:

Also Pacific Islanders looooooooooooooooove to fight. Brawling is part of their DNA, it's why they're awesome at contact sports like rugby or football and have fierce reputations in sumo, wrestling, and MMA; they live for being able to knock the hell out of someone. Coincidentally some of these guys are Mormon.

It's been a while since I've seen such overt racism.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I mean racism worth getting indignant about

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

the chief v2 posted:

Lol at you idiots being outraged at what crotch bat said when there's regularly jokes about pedophilia and other poo poo in here

Go back to GBS

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

RIP LSU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

pillsburysoldier posted:

By students, by the NCAA, by the SEC, by ESPN, by business partners, by ....

It would destroy more black lives than Katrina.

• Locked thread