Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Just tell him that if he were replaced his simulant would probably be a lot less annoying. That may shut him up :P

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Also whatever's eating the earth seems really rude. If you see a discarded pie cooling on a windowsill do you just walk right up and eat the pie? No! Why do you walk up to a planet that's been cooling for billions of years and think it's OK to just start chowing down? This is our pie! We were saving it for the Sun's funeral, rear end in a top hat! :mad:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Counter with: The Sun won't come up tomorrow! The Sun doesn't move! We are setting in the Sun's sky! (in so far as it has one :P...)

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Plenty of new-agey Westerners believe this poo poo, including my mother, who likes to refer to evidence-based medicine as "allopathic" medicine, which was the term coined by the quack who invented homeopathy to refer, disparagingly of course, to anything that was not homeopathy.

For someone as smart as her it's depressing how much ridiculous woo she buys into. My dad, too. He got personally offended when I told him ear candling was bullshit, because he knows people who do it.

Just go all out: "The people you know who ear candle are idiots who bought into the bullshit."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Aesop Poprock posted:

It will never stop being amazing to me when the very sane, polite UK people I know will go from bitching about about racism to talking about how vile travelers are within the same conversation

For some reason when people start bitching about travellers and NIMBYI think about the moment in Ed, Edd n Eddy when the Kanker Sister's trailer is teetering between Kevin and Eddy's lawns balanced on their fence. Neither of them want to work out a solution, they just want it to be someone else's problem.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I've noticed that people with certain builds, mainly really fat people, do look strange after a shave (the face :mad:). My old supervisor looked exactly like a giant baby, I think it's the lack of definition.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

"I thought you said he was dead?"
"I never said he was dead, I said he was sleeping with the fishes."

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Count Uvula posted:

:crossarms: were you talking to the uncle from Hellraiser at the time?

The guy he was talking to sounds like a total Pinhead.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

REminds me of the time ~15 years ago when the news was reporting that Mars was slightly closer to the earth than usual. I convinced my younger brother that it was closer because it was on a collision course with the Earth. He believed me for a few hours before I told him I was kidding.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

When we were kids my brother convinced me I had AIDS. After a week or two of misery convinced I was going to die soon I broke down in tears and told my mam I was gonna die. I was like seven or whatever.

Wow, that's kinda lovely. Sorry about your bro. At least mine was implausible enough to be funny.

EDIT: I didn't mean that yours was plausible, I meant even to a very young child mine should have been obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I always like when I catch myself saying something stupid and realise something too - like I was discussing Frozen Fever's basic premise - "Elsa gets a cold while planning a party and poo poo happens" and claiming it was stupid because "How would Elsa catch a cold - she is the cold" then I remembered - colds have gently caress all to do with temperature, they're a loving virus. If Elsa could catch measles, she could catch a cold. I felt kinda dumb, I was arguing on the level of the movies target audience :P

• Locked thread