Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
i've never been to st louis or missouri for that matter but i thought there was all sorts of fun stuff to do like that arch or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

the great deceiver posted:

i've never been to st louis or missouri for that matter but i thought there was all sorts of fun stuff to do like that arch or whatever

Yes, we have great activities like dying on rollercoasters and eating tubs of butter. This is where dreams go to die.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
St. Louis lost the American Airlines hub, had some good riots outside their city limits, now lose a pro sports team. I'm buying city bonds tomorrow.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The only good thing about stl is the uso, the only good thing about Missouri is Lowtax.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PathAsc posted:

The only good thing about stl is the uso, the only good thing about Missouri is Lowtax.

I don't know why the uso is good there, but lowtax moved to Puerto Rico

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I've visited my family in STL and besides the weird and scary arch elevator there are things like:

Seeing the flooded Missouri river coming up to take the arch down!
Visiting St. Charles to see real fried ravioli
Visiting St. Charles to see real adult video stores next door to the fried ravioli

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Does LA even have the market for a football team? A sucky one at that?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Judakel posted:

last I looked LA had a lot of people

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Judakel posted:

Just as much a market for football as east stl has for crack and heroin.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PathAsc posted:

Just as much a market for football as east stl has for crack and heroin.

it appears he knows nothing but star wars. shocking.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Darth123123 posted:

last I looked LA had a lot of people

Several teams have left because it blows for them. A lot of people that did not like football, apparently.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Darth123123 posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about bitch

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Darth123123 posted:

I know what war is, but what is a star

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Football is for queers

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Judakel posted:

Football is for queers

no wonder you like it so much

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

St louis was settled by losers who were too low energy to make it over the Rocky mountains

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
good luck to a horrible team, their ownership, and shithole city. now please shut the gently caress up forever

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

LA has had 20 years to become as snobby about CFB as the South. Especially Pasadena.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

I am a Raiders fan but the Rams are actually comign back to my city so I guess I am a Rams fan now. e

Thsi thread is now the RAMS APPRECIATION STATION GO RAMS!!!!

Same. Unironically.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Dely Apple posted:

LA has had 20 years to become as snobby about CFB as the South. Especially Pasadena.

God the media keep trying to make UCLA and USC football A Big Deal but nobody freaking cares
Living in Pasadena kinda owns because we get face value tickets and I've walked to the Rose Bowl game

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Judakel posted:

As Adam Carolla says "Everybody in LA is from somewhere else, therefore they already have a team to root for. The people who are actually from LA are too cool to care about football, or they love soccer"

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

they should move the lakers to st louis

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
Based on my observations since moving to STL being a Rams fan is like having battered wife syndrome. NO NO THIS YEAR ITS GOING TO BE DIFFERENT WE GOT A NEW RUNING BACK. So look forward to the first year being all "well its a moving season, they're bound to be a bit out of sorts", and just watch the rationale spin from there.

The whole poo poo about "this new stadium is going to make the downtown walkable and connected and really revitalize the area and also get us a superbowl, look at Indy!" was the icing on the cake.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

they should move the lakers to st louis

a city they deserve

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the NFL is a one-month bridge to hockey season, an infinitely more fun and entertaining sport than football. you can't go five plays these days without an automatic first down defensive penalty

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jan 14, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Judakel posted:

LA metro area has 19 million people

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

gary bettman is a braindead dumbfuck who thinks that putting an expansion team in Las Vegas is a good idea, and i'd still rather have him as a league commissioner than roger goodell, a sociopathic waste of space who has probably murdered at least one person in his lifetime

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Will the Rams ever not be lovely? Grifted the Redskins for RGIII and still haven't done much. :shrug:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Kuato posted:

Will the Rams ever not be lovely? Grifted the Redskins for RGIII and still haven't done much. :shrug:
they also managed to dump never-healthy Sam Bradford on the Eagles and got a decent QB in the process in Nick Foles. but they had only one worthwhile season during their 21 years in St. Louis (i'm intentionally leaving out the super bowl where they created the Satanic Dynasty) and most of the rest of them were mediocre or worse. so the answer is "hell no"

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

etalian posted:

LA metro area has 19 million people

You always hear they are horrible for football though.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Judakel posted:

You always hear they are horrible for football though.
professional windbag Bill Plaschke says that LA is a terrible market for pro football because they already have such quality teams in UCLA and USC on the college level. needless to say, nobody should listen to him

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Nooner posted:

a city they deserve

lemme guess you're a clippers "fan" :rolleyes:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

If LA is such a great market why do their teams always leave?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

most raiders fans seem to be hispanic ex-cons

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

JB50 posted:

because even having millions of dollars doesn't that change the fact that the LA metro is a vast congested smog soaked hell hole.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Posting in a Nooner thread.

Rams suck btw

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JB50 posted:

Well, they left the last two times. This time when there's potentially two teams to support it will definitely work out! Building a giant stadium in LA is like building a giant stadium in any lovely suburb only with more congestion and less to do around it because even a lovely suburb has a BWW in it.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol the lakers only use hollywood and celebrities to woo players to their smog shack

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

lemme guess you're a clippers "fan" :rolleyes:

I like the Warriors :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Y-Hat posted:

professional windbag Bill Plaschke says that LA is a terrible market for pro football because they already have such quality teams in UCLA and USC on the college level. needless to say, nobody should listen to him

I thin this is pretty much a big reason too. Everyone once in a while someone brings up restarting the football program at my school but then its like "LOL no, we arnt spending thousands and thousands of dollars when no one in their right might is going to suddenly stop being USC/UCLA fan and start caring about ad buying CSUN poo poo "

• Locked thread