Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Good ol' ketchup soup!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

The Walrus posted:

heres a good tip: 'stewing beef' is sold for a pittance. it's always leftover bits of whatever is on sale that week. so if prime rib is on sale, you can get the 'stewing beef' cubes for like 10% of what you'd pay. I made a prime rib chili once that should have cost literally like 80 bucks for under 10

That is a good tip. Pretty much every time I make stir fry or lo mein it's with stew meat. I have seen it labeled at Giant Eagle as "fondue beef" as well.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

criscodisco posted:

That is a good tip. Pretty much every time I make stir fry or lo mein it's with stew meat. I have seen it labeled at Giant Eagle as "fondue beef" as well.

How many Pittsburgh goons are there?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Mozi posted:

Good ol' ketchup soup!

my great grandma never threw any food out and she would tell my grandma about having to eat ketchup soup in the great depression

whelp thats my story seeya

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

VendaGoat posted:

How many Pittsburgh goons are there?

Giant Eagle is all over Ohio, too, which is where I am.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

The Walrus posted:

heres a good tip: 'stewing beef' is sold for a pittance. it's always leftover bits of whatever is on sale that week. so if prime rib is on sale, you can get the 'stewing beef' cubes for like 10% of what you'd pay. I made a prime rib chili once that should have cost literally like 80 bucks for under 10

i made a kraft dinner that was worth 2.50 for 99 cents once had to use water tho no milk

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I'm averaging about 325 per month for just me. More when I need cleaning items and paper products.

Having my credit card point expire forced me to use them and I can trade them in for amazon gift cards. So I started buying my cleaning and paper products on amazon and getting free, who gives a poo poo when it gets here shipping, because this poo poo doesn't go bad, cut quite a bit.

Although, I think I'm going to go get a four inch thick steak and just go caveman here soon.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A misanthrope posted:

my great grandma never threw any food out and she would tell my grandma about having to eat ketchup soup in the great depression

whelp thats my story seeya

My fam went to visit my mom and she trotted out 3 yr old salad dressing to the table. All 3 bottles. She's depression era. Or close, her mom I guess.

E: reuses tin foil too

naem
May 29, 2011

Sometimes I order form the expensive $25 dollar pizza place becasie it's really good and I can and feel like it and wash it down with as many as two ice cold refreshing IPa's op

naem
May 29, 2011

I imagine I could save a bundle if I only ever ate oats and hunted for fat urban garbage raccoons

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I travel for work at least 5 times a week and they pay for all my meals when I do.

So like maybe 40 bucks a month.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Rolo posted:

I travel for work at least 5 times a week and they pay for all my meals when I do.

So like maybe 40 bucks a month.

I bet ur fat.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Local Giant Eagle had a meat sale. Less than 2 hundo and my freezer is stuffed to busting with delicious meats.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it

VendaGoat posted:

Local Giant Eagle had a meat sale. Less than 2 hundo and my freezer is stuffed to busting with delicious meats.

Was it the 5 for $20 sale? I love that sale, though you need to get there the day they fill the case or the selection can leave a lot to be desired. Even if you do get there early, the steaks are pretty small, and the bacon packs are smaller than the regular size packs, but at that price you can't complain.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Darth123123 posted:

I bet ur fat.

I'm actually skinnier than I want to be, I have to eat well and exercise or else I get thin.

I'm probably dying.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Darth123123 posted:

My fam went to visit my mom and she trotted out 3 yr old salad dressing to the table. All 3 bottles. She's depression era. Or close, her mom I guess.

E: reuses tin foil too

we'll have our own depression soon enough and will all be eating 3-year-old salad dressing on grass we sneakily pulled out of a job creator's lawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

criscodisco posted:

Was it the 5 for $20 sale? I love that sale, though you need to get there the day they fill the case or the selection can leave a lot to be desired. Even if you do get there early, the steaks are pretty small, and the bacon packs are smaller than the regular size packs, but at that price you can't complain.

12 strips, 6 pounds of ground, 18 pork loins, 24 chicken breasts, 3 packs of stew beef. Salad mixings; romaine hearts, spring mix, goat cheese, orange bell peppers, grape tomatoes. 1 2 liter of coke.

buck seventy.

I'm sure someone on here will tell me I overpaid by like 80%

• Locked thread