Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I always raided the police station so I could walk around town dressed as a cop with my dick hanging out. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

TheShazbot posted:

I should play this game, but nope
tribes 2 sucks compared to tribes 1

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Volume posted:

So not only did they make a game based off of that Uwe Bol movie but then they made a sequel to the game based off the movie?

Postal 3 was outsourced to a different studio and was so bad that the Postal 2 devs have refused to put it on sale with Steam because they don't want people to buy it. Also they added a Postal 3 box in the junkyard that you can piss on for an achievement.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I thought you said portal 2 as well Op and immediately thought you were trolling with "walks long distances" lol

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Volume posted:

So not only did they make a game based off of that Uwe Bol movie but then they made a sequel to the game based off the movie?

It took them two games to get the look right. And they couldn't afford Verne Troyer so they had to settle on that kid from Webster.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

postal 1 wins my personal award for "retail game that could most convincingly have been made by 1 lonely, angry person"

everything about the graphics, audio and gameplay is so perfectly alarming.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

thread was a triumph. i'm making a note here: "huge success".

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I always raided the police station so I could walk around town dressed as a cop with my dick hanging out. Good times.

The best part about this was killing the minorities and the other cops telling you to watch out for bystanders with cameras

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
*Walks down street hanging dong
*Pisses in some random pedestrian's mouth
*Random pedestrian starts violently puking
*Decapitates pedestrian with shovel
*Puke continues to spew from neck stump

Game of the century.

Edit: Much like postal dude my dick is always out and I live in a trailer.

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

a hole-y ghost posted:

tribes 2 sucks compared to tribes 1

I liked it

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

a hole-y ghost posted:

which weapon did you get, was it the machine gun??

i got the butcher bbq pack and the yakuza pack

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

also i got the point break pack because the original is one of my favorite movies ever and imagine my disappointment when it's all about the stupid loving remake

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

that gas can made the entire game

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

kazr posted:

that gas can made the entire game

I prefer the diseased cow head to make everybody vomit blood from anthrax.

And the :krad: boomerang machete

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
best representation of a napalm launcher gun since blood

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

milkingmycow posted:

Are you my son?

fyi if your son is playing postal he is probably planing to shoot up his school.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i bought more payday 2 dlc today cuz it was all on sale i know you guys were wondering just wanted to keep you updated

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

TOM HANKS posted:

fyi if your son is playing postal he is probably planing to shoot up his school.

or he just really loves jokes about feminism and hanging chads.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

or he just really loves jokes about feminism and hanging chads.

The thing is that they keep updating the game, so the plot opens with a dig at Joe Liberman and has hanging chad jokes and at one point does a Pulp Fiction parody but the NPCs make references to YouTube and you use a can of Axe body spay as a flamethrower and the achievements make references to Workaholics and Arrested Development and Duck Dynasty. It's like this bizarre time vortex of dated pop culture jokes.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

remember gex?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i think i played like 100 hours of gex: enter the gecko when i was a kid

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

remember gex?

yeah, he was a laugh riot. he really knew about all those movies from before i was born.

(i had gex on n64 and played it because i was a friendless child)

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Sleeveless posted:

The thing is that they keep updating the game, so the plot opens with a dig at Joe Liberman and has hanging chad jokes and at one point does a Pulp Fiction parody but the NPCs make references to YouTube and you use a can of Axe body spay as a flamethrower and the achievements make references to Workaholics and Arrested Development and Duck Dynasty. It's like this bizarre time vortex of dated pop culture jokes.

They're probably going to keep updating Postal 2 in perpetuity so the memes are just going to keep compounding. Postal 2 is where pop culture references go to die.

Also Gex ruled because you could tell that Dana Gould didn't give a gently caress and they just locked him in a sound booth with one of those video game things he didn't understand. And all he could think to say was poo poo about Planet of the Apes and Aaron Spelling. All the kids love jokes about Aaron Spelling.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 15, 2016

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Postal 2 should've been GOTY

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

BONGHITZ posted:

remember gex?

Thank god for those 3DO demo stands, saved me from being bored out of my gourd while mom was shopping at Sears.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

TOM HANKS posted:

no, that's Doom

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

King Vidiot posted:

They're probably going to keep updating Postal 2 in perpetuity so the memes are just going to keep compounding. Postal 2 is where pop culture references go to die.

Can't wait to gun down NPCs dancing Gangam Style while Postal Dude makes one-liners about the Harlem Shake in 2020.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the Library is On Fire! thanks, president HILLARY CLINTON!

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

I "tried out" postal 3 and it was pretty bad

I was a big fan of postal 2

quote:

RWS explained the situation by stating that Postal III "was licensed to a Russian publisher and developer who were supposed produce the game to our design, with a much bigger team and budget than we had for POSTAL 2. Even taking those facts into account, it didn't work out very well. It was a mistake and one we will not repeat". They also added that "after the disaster that was PIII due to the mistake of outsourcing it, we have decided to make the next game 100% in house."[22]

Perhaps postal 4 won't be worth urinating on

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9qmZv0IryY

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Heck, I nearly bought Postal: The Movie on DVD several years ago because it came with a copy of the PC game for Postal 2. You could have spent only $4 more and gotten the game and the movie.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jan 15, 2016

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

JediTalentAgent posted:

Heck, I nearly bought Postal: The Movie on DVD several years ago because it came with a copy of the PC game for Postal 2. You could have spent only $4 more and gotten the game and the movie.

Wow that's like getting AIDS and Norovirus for the price of one! What a deal!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Holy poo poo did that movie suck. I think, I don't know I turned my brain off and stopped actually "watching" it after about 20 minutes while I fiddled with my phone and then started finding other poo poo to do while it played as background noise. God Bless America sucked too but it was a better Postal movie than the Postal movie.

They should've gotten someone like James Gunn to write and direct the Postal movie.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
I remember the forums for RWS having a lot of twisted weirdos begging the devs to include rape simulators and other poo poo like that.

If Postal 2 could have coop, it would be perfect.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
i thought the postal movie was p good. Uwe boll dies in it

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Yeah I hope the next Postal game has co-op, but I don't really trust RWS to be able to make a game engine that doesn't poo poo itself when you try to have more than one person seeing a bunch of ragdolls and physics stuff flying around shooting blood and piss everywhere. For that matter I don't think any company has ever done something like that and made it stable except maybe the Viscera Cleanup Detail guys and even that game is unstable and buggy half the time.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

King Vidiot posted:

Holy poo poo did that movie suck. I think, I don't know I turned my brain off and stopped actually "watching" it after about 20 minutes while I fiddled with my phone and then started finding other poo poo to do while it played as background noise. God Bless America sucked too but it was a better Postal movie than the Postal movie.

They should've gotten someone like James Gunn to write and direct the Postal movie.

Falling Down is the best Postal movie.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Sleeveless posted:

Falling Down is the best Postal movie.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SVM8e5ibp0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

TOM HANKS posted:

No, I don't think so. He never wants to go to the range with me. I think he really likes the urination and crack smoking.

• Locked thread