Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Apollo
Jan 1, 2013

Chekans 3 16 posted:

Already gone :smith: Has anyone gotten their actual download codes yet? My Uplay account is on an old email and I'm afraid of missing it.

Croccers posted:

Already gone?

drat, sorry guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
I just really want to demobeta the game to try it out. I'm going to assume they'll run a public demobeta next month closer to release date like they did with Siege.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
nm

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

TG-Chrono posted:

This is not a tactical shooter though, probably the most un-Clancy Clancy game.

Oh for sure, I know it's no Rainbow 6 or Ghost Recon, but I've enjoyed all the Clancy games I've played, even EndWar.

I'm also looking forward to the new Ghost Recon, if it can live up to that video.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
If you've bought a new Nvidia card as recently as black Friday, check your spam or promotional emails for a Division beta key.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

there are 3 so far, maybe more in the full game or in add on.

1. regular hoods, criminals, gangbangers, run of the mill generic dudes.

2. rikers, dudes who escaped when rikers fell and formed their own thing,

3. burners, sanitation workers/other people who formed their own militia to deal with the city, by killing and burning everything that isnt them or posibly infected with virus.

So Guys with handguns and hoods, Guys with shotguns and orange jumpsuits and Guys with flamethrowers and gas masks.

Like I get what you're saying but those are enemy types, not full-on interesting factions.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
Has there been any encounters with the infected yet? I'm surprised they aren't going full L4D with lepers and special boss lepers.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Thor-Stryker posted:

Has there been any encounters with the infected yet? I'm surprised they aren't going full L4D with lepers and special boss lepers.

Pretty certain the infection itself is more Spanish Flu 2.0 rather than zombie disease number 1235264236357568976954675653435474568456784576.

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Triple A posted:

Pretty certain the infection itself is more Spanish Flu 2.0 rather than zombie disease number 1235264236357568976954675653435474568456784576.

I'd rather have a zombie disease if it meant more enemy types. Nothings worse than killing 1235264236357568976954675653435474568456784576 generic humans with slightly different clothing.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Thor-Stryker posted:

For as crazy as Clancy stuff can get, I don't think they'll go for outright zombies, unless it's as a DLC of some sort. Clancy stuff at least takes a passing nod at reality.

I imagine at some point there will be more hospitals or secret underground labs being turned into shooting galleries though. Either get a cure, or prevent a new outbreak of murder-virus X. I imagine it'll involve forcefully inserting the business ends of numerous bullets into the faction responsible for the original outbreak.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3o13rh

Leaked PC gameplay. Looks real real bad, yall.

MagnumOpus
Dec 7, 2006

mcvey posted:

Looked fine to me. Low TTK compared to the bullet-sponge stuff seen in some streams. Environments very detailed. Lots of pickups all around.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

~SMcD
Wow the TTK in that video was a fraction of what we saw earlier. He was only one level up on the guys and using green level weapons.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

MagnumOpus posted:

Looked fine to me. Low TTK compared to the bullet-sponge stuff seen in some streams. Environments very detailed. Lots of pickups all around.

That TTK looks much better than what was shown earlier.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Thor-Stryker posted:

I'd rather have a zombie disease if it meant more enemy types. Nothings worse than killing 1235264236357568976954675653435474568456784576 generic humans with slightly different clothing.

I'll go to my grave saying that this game was delayed so long because they've flitted between having monstrous enemies and not a couple of times. The Ubisoft design process is that games can be summed up in a single image, here it was plain-clothes badass with a gun in the snow in deserted New York, and the context and actual gameplay of that image were malleable.

Imagine this but full-on Resident Evil biohazard nonsense informing the enemy variety, it would be actually fantastic.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
We're already onto the projecting game designer phase and no one has actually played it :allears:

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

TG-Chrono posted:

We're already onto the projecting game designer phase and no one has actually played it :allears:

We've another 2 months yet to the (terrible) endgame, might as well enjoy it.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

mcvey posted:

Could you possibly elaborate on why you feel that looks bad? I personally think it looks great.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Hezzy posted:

Could you possibly elaborate on why you feel that looks bad? I personally think it looks great.
It's Ubisoft and UBisoft games are 9 times as bad as video games if Hilter designed them :goonsay:

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer
The game looks good, but in the end a game can look good and still be poo poo. I would rather a developer make content for their game and work towards less bugs then having a blazing rock solid graphics.

I can see myself playing this game to fill the shooter hole in my soul if the sponge stuff doesn't get to crazy.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Game looks good. Will preorder most likely once beta launches. Approaching critical mass.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Hezzy posted:

It all looks very bland and boring. From the enemies to the combat to the settings and loot. It's probably just that type of game and I'm less interested the more I see.

PenguinScotty
Nov 13, 2012

Hotpants Icecream
For people who are trying to get/waiting on Beta Keys, what worked for a few friends of mine was going over to Amazon and pre-ordering the physical copy of the game. After you do, Amazon send you the Beta access code via email. After that, you can cancel the pre-order and aren't off any worse since Amazon doesn't charge until the game ships.

Did this one or two weeks ago, so they MAY have fixed it, but i kind of doubt it.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!

mcvey posted:

It all looks very bland and boring. From the enemies to the combat to the settings and loot. It's probably just that type of game and I'm less interested the more I see.

I'm in a similar mind to you, but unfortunately, that short and simple PC gameplay vid you linked is probably the best vid I've actually seen of this game in action. It beats all those goddamn paid youtuber vids universally praising the game whilst showing footage on the bad console.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

I'm in a similar mind to you, but unfortunately, that short and simple PC gameplay vid you linked is probably the best vid I've actually seen of this game in action. It beats all those goddamn paid youtuber vids universally praising the game whilst showing footage on the bad console.

THIS. THIS IS WHAT KILLS ME! I knew JackFrags was a shill when he started doing a ton of paid adverts after Frankie left him to become a laywer (Check out this energy drink boooooyyyzzz, its the bomb!) but every loving youtuber is on board. Free flights to Cali to play the game and praise it. I was completely blown away when DevilDogGamer started saying how much he loves the game, its so loving awesome and he is going to play the poo poo out of it. The dude is MilSim up the yingyang and suddenly he is sucking developer dongs for free vacations. At least AngryJoe listed a few things that would fall into the negative, but he did it in such a PC manner that he was still gobbling the dong.

I guess in the end game I can't blame them. You can't be a youtuber forever and if you can score some free trips, gently caress'en give'er.

NuckmasterJ fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Jan 24, 2016

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Or maybe there is some truth to what they're saying and they actually did enjoy playing the game and aren't simply taking cash for positive comments?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
If you aren't going to use your youtuber status to score free poo poo, what the gently caress are you even doing. I would sell out so fast.

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug
YouTubers are a dime a dozen so I'd bet they wouldn't pay the travel of reviewers that may be overly critical of their product. But the Alpha was pretty fun so maybe there isn't a lot to be critical about at this stage?

The main criticism is likely to be the endgame and the potential bullet sponges that may ensue

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I want to like this game, but if I see a guy dumping half a belt of an M249 into another human to kill it, it's lost me on whatever "realism" or whatever it's trying to portray. If you want to be borderlands, thats fine by me, but dont try to make a grounded borderlands, because it doesnt work.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

The bullet sponge thing was evident in all of the previous videos. This one with a much more sane TTK actually makes me interested in the game.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
As I mentioned before I am torn about the bullet sponge subject, but I really can't understand why people are setting their hair on fire about it. Maybe using tom clancy's name was a mistake. The game seems to try to adopt a lot of interesting design ideas that have never been put together successfully, but the setting although cool, don't seem to give them a lot of room for creativity.
Also, Ubisoft may not be the devil, but they definitely don't deserve confidence given their history. Especially when it concerns PC development (although WB managed to outdo ubi last year).

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Pigbottom posted:

As I mentioned before I am torn about the bullet sponge subject, but I really can't understand why people are setting their hair on fire about it. Maybe using tom clancy's name was a mistake. The game seems to try to adopt a lot of interesting design ideas that have never been put together successfully, but the setting although cool, don't seem to give them a lot of room for creativity.
Also, Ubisoft may not be the devil, but they definitely don't deserve confidence given their history. Especially when it concerns PC development (although WB managed to outdo ubi last year).

Because it slows the pace of the game down and emphasizes a style of play that really doesn't fit "realistic" weapons with only 10-30 bullets in each mag. There are a lot of bullet sponge games out there already to choose from, including many that did go hog-wild on creativity as you put it, like Borderlands. These are not bad games, but this game is appealing primarily because it isn't those games and tries to do a semi-realistic game with some RPG stuff mixed in.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Warbadger posted:

Because it slows the pace of the game down and emphasizes a style of play that really doesn't fit "realistic" weapons with only 10-30 bullets in each mag. There are a lot of bullet sponge games out there already to choose from, including many that did go hog-wild on creativity as you put it, like Borderlands. These are not bad games, but this game is appealing primarily because it isn't those games and tries to do a semi-realistic game with some RPG stuff mixed in.

I understand the logic in the argument. But the game is not even out, and a lot of people are already making a big fuzz (people are going hysterical on Neogaf) before even getting to play it.

Also, I think it is a matter of perception. It may be a fantasy game, but in the Witcher 3 a regular human (sometimes without any armor at all) needs to be hit 3 or four times with a big rear end sword in order to die. Nobody ever complained about that and with good reason, it's just a loving game.

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 24, 2016

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Pigbottom posted:

I understand the logic in the argument. But the game is not even out, and a lot of people are already making a big fuzz (people are going hysterical on Neogaf) before even getting to play it.

Also, I think it is a matter of perception. It may be a fantasy game, but in the Witcher 3 a regular human (sometimes without any armor at all) needs to be hit 3 or four times with a big rear end sword in order to die. Nobody ever complained about that and with good reason, it's just a loving game.

To me the livestreams with the spongy enemies looked slow paced and kinda annoying. The guys were having to drop like 10 headshots into the same guy ducking in and out of cover at distance to drop him and magdumping dudes in t-shirts at point blank - only for the guy to turn around and light them up as they reloaded.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 24, 2016

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

I'll wait until I get to play or, at least, see how it is played on PC with a keyboard and mouse before passing any judgement.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Pigbottom posted:

I'll wait until I get to play or, at least, see how it is played on PC with a keyboard and mouse before passing any judgement.

Same. While the TTK was higher, to me it looked like a chunk of it was due to people missing many shots, with only a few numbers popping up for longer bursts. SMGs really seemed to suck, though, but I think that's a feature nowadays in shooters. :smith:

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Randler posted:

Same. While the TTK was higher, to me it looked like a chunk of it was due to people missing many shots, with only a few numbers popping up for longer bursts. SMGs really seemed to suck, though, but I think that's a feature nowadays in shooters. :smith:

Took a lot fewer numbers flying off the guys to make them fall over in this video than it did in the older ones.

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

Warbadger posted:

Took a lot fewer numbers flying off the guys to make them fall over in this video than it did in the older ones.

Maybe the PC version they've reduced the bullet sponge since we can actually aim, instead of relying on auto aim potato console shenanigans.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

mcvey posted:

Sorry i couldn't get into that video for very long....

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3bhuda_tenis-oynayan-abla_fun

Warbadger posted:

The gratuitous amount of bullet sponge this game looks like its going to have is really killing it for me, so that video was an improvement. but it could also be like early game and a lot of the other videos had dudes with some kind of armor bars or something.

Bullet sponge gripes aside, I do think a lot of the multiplayer aspects sound fun though.

Jimlit fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jan 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Jimlit posted:

Sorry i couldn't get into that video for very long....

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3bhuda_tenis-oynayan-abla_fun

The gratuitous amount of bullet sponge this game looks like its going to have is really killing it for me, so that video was an improvement. but it could also be like early game and a lot of the other videos had dudes with some kind of armor bars or something.

Bullet sponge gripes aside, I do think a lot of the multiplayer aspects sound fun though.

The old videos also featured dudes eating like 5 successive 1350~ damage headshots before keeling over. It really does seem a lot less bullet spongy and it makes me give a gently caress about this game again.

• Locked thread