Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Looks like Ubi has let youtubers release a ton of new videos now.

e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGnUNvnqHoc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3T9W2usuzc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhr8IArHtBM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFzTx9YfwJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YZ_2HPdQXI

Some super big red flags in that first video... lots of glitches, talk of unsatisfying gunplay, and getting into another Destiny type game sounds horrible. I probably won't be buying this one but I've been very curious about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The dark zone is gonna be non-stop betrayal, everyone will kill everyone forever.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

he1ixx posted:

Watch some of the videos of gameplay. It looks like a lot of fun and generally-negative reviewers are coming out of the experience liking it way more than they expected to.

Do you have some personal stake in this game? I have seen the opposite.

Like even if it was super polished like it was in E3 2013, instead of butt ugly with lots of glitches, I still have major concerns with the "realism" angle. Playing against regular humans and only regular humans is gonna get really stale, even if they are inexplicably bullet sponges.

Seeing a regular lady get lit up by a flamethrower for 30 seconds and still needing half a dozen shotgun blasts to the face to go down in that jackfrags video is just weird.

I'll give the beta a shot and have the game reserved for $50 Cdn so it doesn't have to impress me much to get me to buy it but I'm still doubtful.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've seen this in two different videos now - an inability to shoot down at a target from above unless they're far away. Angry Joe was complaining about it and you can see it clearly here at 07:12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTaTvtsF1s0

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

katkillad2 posted:

This feels like Fallout 4 all over again where the opinions of the game turned to poo poo weeks before release and anyone got to play it. I liked Destiny and I liked Mass Effect 2, so sounds like I will probably enjoy this game.

I will say it doesn't look nearly as good as that first trailer we got though.

Opinions on The Division soured a long time ago. There's tons of gameplay videos to watch, it's not nearly as secretive as FO4 was.

I have no doubt some will like it, maybe even myself, but I have major concerns.

Also I'd argue people were right about FO4 not being great but that's another thread.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

wjs5 posted:

Note matchmaking is a thing you can do for all the missions. From the vids I have watched.

The vids I have watched were all youtubers in the same building having their games set up by Ubisoft employees. If they really do have matchmaking that might make it worth a buy - I hated trying to find people for Destiny.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Roman posted:

if the "raids" in this game are just "shoot stuff" with no mechanics or timing involved then matchmaking will work very well

I had no problem doing raids with pubbies in Destiny. It was just a pain to get going.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Psn leidend. I'm on medical leave so I'll be playing the beta a lot.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This guy's streaming the beta all day

http://www.twitch.tv/forcestrategygaming/

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Roman posted:

not up yet for me

Only xboners get to play today. Thanks Bill Gates

Hopper posted:

I'll be honest, the interior of the flat he just was in looked pretty sterile but the game looks quite good so far, especially the character design and clothing. I guess that's what you get when not developing for last gen consoles.

It looks terrible, but I'm desperate to play anything right now.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ouch, guy I linked to earlier ran out of beta story missions after two hours. He was planning to play for 14 hours straight.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hopper posted:

What's so bad about it? It isn't stellar, but it's not bad either. (At least if I turn video quality to "source" on twitch) I'll be happy to get slightly above Xbone level graphics out of this if I don't have to buy a flippin' titan card for it.

The AI on the enemies is my biggest concern. They're so braindead. Graphics are meh, world doesn't seem to react to anything. People talk without opening their mouths. It's basically just Watch Dogs, which I enjoyed more than most, but I can't get excited about it.

The lighting looks great? That's all I can say on the positive side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfGYk42yBBU

Single player is not even a Destiny style MMO at all so why does it look like a two year old cross-gen game from the same developer?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Looke posted:

If you preordered the game on PSN and are from one of these countries

You won't get beta access

I'm gonna guess many of those countries also have laws requiring the ability to cancel PSN preorders, something our North American corporatocracy wouldn't stand for.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I enjoyed the first five minutes more than I thought I would but now I'm trapped by a knocked over stretcher and can't escape. Oh ubisoft

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Can't say I enjoy the Dark Zone much, shoot feels aren't nearly good enough for PVP. Beta story missions ending so fast has me already getting bored.

Maneki Neko posted:

I'm assuming I don't need to save or anything on a console? I couldn't find an obvious "log out" or "quit this session" link, but maybe I didn't play enough?

There is a log out option but most modern games auto save all the time.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Tempus Thales posted:

You are right. I used to live by 23rd Street and 8th and the building is there surprisingly with the same look and feel. It's pretty cool they did a full realization of the city. I wonder if in the full game how much of Manhattan will be playable.

The full game is just midtown at release. The beta looked to be about a third of it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Ciaphas posted:

Normally I don't preorder, but I'm tempted and I'm gonna be bored as heck this weekend. What's the consensus so far?

There is no consensus. Either you think it's fun with flaws or boring and one dimensional. Barring some huge info dump that shows the full game will have more depth, I'm cancelling my 40% off pre-order.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Usenet Magic-User posted:

Is the fight mans good at least?

Do you enjoy shooting at stationary objects for long periods of time?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LumberingTroll posted:

You sure are putting a lot of effort into dissuading people from liking this game. I and a lot of other people are finding it enjoyable. This is just a repeat of all the people complaining about Fo4 and anything else popular.

I'm giving my honest opinion of the game in a thread where we're supposed to discuss it. I wanted it to be fun. Don't let my opinion offend you personally or take away from your enjoyment, I'm just disappointed.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

LumberingTroll posted:

You have established this, maybe not say it on every page, and you wouldn't come off like some anti-fun nutter.

Go to reddit if you want to do nothing but circle jerk. This attitude is juvenile.

I just cancelled my pre-order so you don't have to worry about me harshing your buzz anymore you big baby

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dexo posted:

I have a feeling This is going to turn out to be some government test thing gone wrong. On the otherhand I would pay infinite dollars for a Division: Chicago game down the line.

They can re-use the Watch Dogs assets for that and have it cranked out for holiday 2017.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Dead Like Rev posted:

Toronto during an NHL Strike. You've got the Divison DLC right there.

Nah man Vancouver after a finals choke. Already got the template for the melee rusher type:

Take cover behind a half wall or the mannequin thrower will get you

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

We all know how much the Chinese like black people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Raged posted:

Would it be a safe bet to say that there will be pre loading on the PS4?

There's always pre-loading on AAA games at least.

• Locked thread