Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Blister posted:

All information shows that it's being developed by Ubisoft. Specifically Ubisoft Massive, Red Storm Entertainment(a studio set up by ubisoft for tom clancy ip), Ubisoft Reflections, Ubisoft Annecy.

After what watchdogs ended up being after a massive delay, I'm gonna be wary of this game

Ubisoft Massive isn't a proper Ubisoft team. It's the guys who made the old Ground Control/World in Conflict games. They got bought out, and used to make Revelations basically entirely by themselves ( a good AssCreed game, sorry. ).

This is the game they chose to make after Revelations was successful for Ubisoft. It's still LARGELY just Massive though, the other teams are only providing faster asset creation and whatnot. Massive, Red Lynx, Reflections, and Nadeo are all normal sized devs under the Ubisoft label, unlike the city named Ubisoft studios ( Shanghai, Montreal, etc etc ) which largely exist as asset creation studios to speed up development time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
No, it's busted. The site is down.

Click the Giveaways button above. From there you can go to the Division beta page. From there go through the steps.

Originally it was trying to launch you to the "input your code to get whatever game NVIDA is offering free this month!" page.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

The Season Pass is FORTY DOLLARS if you buy the Gold Edition, and all it sounds like it adds is a dungeon/raid, a survival gameplay mode, and a horde mode?

You must be joking.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Snuffman posted:

Gotta say, from a story perspective, I'm real curious how they're going to justify these "Division" folk. We're plain clothes black ops agents? JTL seems to be the normal military, and besides looters, are we not the bad guys here? The burners just seem to be the remanents of a CDC burn operation, they're not evil...just misguided?

The weird home base "granny" isn't helping with her "Go kill these folks, sweetie".

Its gonna be one helluva intro they cut. :stare:

Like someone said earlier, you know there's going to be a "terrorist" faction, followed by the true "black ops" faction behind everything, with us being the hobo "black ops" trying to clean everything up...for...uhhhh.....hmmm....we're the good guys?

No real complaints here, I loved Splinter Cell: Blacklist for its pure undistilled insanity, and I fully anticipate this game's story to be just as insane. :allears:

Suggest changing the thread title to: Tom Clancy's The Division: Hobo Manifest Destiny

:haw:

Someone who had more access in Alpha mentioned the end of the Alpha plot stuff basically said the Russians did this to set up America for invasion, although yes, the idea of the Division is incredibly insane.

So far it looks...ok? Like the gunplay is great, the dark zone sounds/looks cool, and the world is fleshed out in an interesting way. I'm just not sure what the endgame is, or how they flesh it out. Apparently, the game has "a number of missions per each wing of the base", alongside "over 10" main missions designed to actually add plot. Over 10 usually means 11-12ish, since 13+ would just have them come out and say 13+. That's....not a lot of story content, and until we see the length of an actual mission/how long it goes, it could be a shorter "game" then Destiny is. Oddly enough though, from the information I can find, it sounds as though they are saying the story does diverge at some point/you can make choices in it, which is unique for Ubisoft games.

According to the devs, they'll be adding weekly/monthly/yearly events ingame to keep people playing, but the size of those events really determines how justifiable it is to keep playing. Also we haven't heard anything about any sort of raid/endgame content, so....what is there to do when you finish the main plot? God only knows.

Everything about this sounds like it could be a real great game, if those "wing" quests end up adding another 10-15ish meaty actual plot quests to the game, rather then just the mini "GO HERE DO THAT" random quests in the game already/the main story is longer then 6 hours/the dark zone stays populated/they have a cyclical big endgame already in game they haven't talked about yet? But this is game dev time, and they've been dancing around anybody asking for more detail on anything, so I have low expectations. For once I'm hoping to be wrong.

• Locked thread