Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Raged posted:

Remember UbiSoft are only the publishers of this and not the actual developers.

Yeah, being developed out of Malmo I think, can't remember the dev.

Open world pvp sounds and looks really cool, the crafting and modding of gear looks cool. Lots of things are looking cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I think there's some conflation where people see cover shooter, they are discounting the RPG part of the mix. I am not an advocate for bullet sponge enemies, but I remember people complaining in KOTOR about how hitting an enemy with a lightsaber didn't kill them. There are certain concessions made to realism for the sake of having an rpg progression system.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah the setting of something like Mass Effect or Destiny allows for really strong visual differences in the factions. I know of two factions in TheDiv so far has shown the 'Rikers' and the 'Cleaners'(?) where one is more melee and the other are roaming flamer dudes? Yeah, need to sell me more on the bad dudes cause everything else seems pretty alright.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I guess having a base of operations of your own to level and kit out feeds into that other ways to show progression nicely then.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

lol assault paramedic

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Snostorm posted:

At the minimum, this should scratch the MMO shooter itch since Destiny has nothing interesting announced and upcoming so far.

You obviously haven't heard of CRIMSON DAYS.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Pork Pie Hat posted:

Well I've added my name to the beta waiting list. For some reason I'm a bit of a sucker for Tom Clancy games.

This is not a tactical shooter though, probably the most un-Clancy Clancy game.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I stand by my factually incorrect and inaccurate shitpost.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

We're already onto the projecting game designer phase and no one has actually played it :allears:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Or maybe there is some truth to what they're saying and they actually did enjoy playing the game and aren't simply taking cash for positive comments?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Mae posted:

If it's anything like Destiny, enemy health might scale with the number of people in your party. The previous videos seemed even more extreme than Destiny, though.

This is absolutely the case, bigger teams means that enemy health goes up.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Plan Z posted:

Getting this vibe too. That thread was just raided by the worst posting to the point where we had a second thread just to avoid all the awful bitching and self-important rants.

Except Fallout 4 is a terrible loving snorefest that deserves all the poo poo it gets. People making another thread to keep out the complaints is hilariously sad.

This game will live and die on it's online multiplayer interactions, if playing alone is more fun than with a crew it won't last long.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Beta has been live on xbone for 2 hours now. Any immediate impressions?

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Darkpriest667 posted:

Dumbest release time ever... 4am PST? What the hell? They didn't even announce that until yesterday. I had shifted my schedule (and took a half day at work) because I, STUPIDLY, assumed that UBISOFT would release games like everyone else on the planet 00:01 PST. Welp, looks like I will get my half day at work back.

What Cheer M'Ladies, I return with lovely posts as promised.

11pm Ausgoon time aka God's true timezone

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Watch the official stream, petty kewl.

Lots of cool character customization options like weapon skins

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

There are Australian servers. Confirmed in stream.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

the panacea posted:

Hahaha people on the stream are getting so mad about not being able to login via steam right now.

Doesn't steam just open uplay which opens it from there?!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Just reached out to a dev on twitter who confirmed that dz loot respawns faster than previously. Keen to see if initial misgivings are ameliorated in this second beta.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

SlayVus posted:

Compare it to any other shooter RPG and it's still different. Borderlands, Fallout, Hellgate London, Alpha Protocol, Star Trek Online, Warframe. Weapon handling alone in Division is just plain bad.

Hahaha Fallout loving please.

I think Mass Effect should be the standard baseline because the MP had similar design in character powers and the shootmans game.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

dangerdoom volvo posted:

One time this summer I walked past the massive offices while I was smoking and this guy in a division standing outside asks me for a lighter and I give it to him and say your game is gonna suck and he said yeah... And he was danish

:bernpop:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Watch a video instead of writing a novel maybe? Arrekz is a good youtuber with plenty of #content

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Anyone running around the DZ now on PS4 add me
TG_Chronocide

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

I'd recommend that people who are now decided if they're going to get the game fill out the player spreadsheet through here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Gfo_gQFNrqzIv8kEQyN13NinhEWSeZfGXyZlvp_g2Mg/viewform

Need to get our gank gangs prepped before launch

View the list here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12j19UH9438s0ik_9WVSCjvHPUGJMb8scBmB8e_uozJc/edit#gid=320971769

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

No thanks, my friends list and Mumble work just fine for me.

Thanks for sharing.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

No problem, friend. :flip:

You seem like someone I would like to talk to about my custom discord server.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

So apparently Xbone gets 30day exclusivity on the DLC that is locked in.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Here's a story to back up the previous.

http://gamerant.com/the-division-dlc-xbox-one-exclusive/

Destiny had DLC for Destiny release at the same time but usually had an exclusive strike, exotic weapon and PvP map, that was exclusive for a year. This seems more vanilla and I can't see people jumping consoles for a month of early access.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

gently caress off with factions, freeform group making is way more dynamic. Clan support I can understand though.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Tempus Thales posted:

for all of you Aussies, UK and NZ I'll hook you up with Codes... :P

Yes please Mr Thales sir

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Coming from destiny this is my guess:

You will do missions on easy and later repeat them on hard and maybe even a few more times (but probably without destiny's weekly modifiers)

Matchmaking is likely to give you bad pubbies

You'll slowly get bored of seeing bad greens drop all the time (but the loot drops from closed to open alpha seemed quite increased)

You'll probably get bored of having to traverse the same looking city areas again and again, maybe even patrolling for materials

You'll very likely tire of the lovely pvp meta that evolves quickly after launch (camping 1 entry rooftops, turret walking, OP weapon type, etc)

If you play solo this will all be magnified

At least you'll be dodge redbar p2p crucible ragefests (and have it replaced by 8man roving dz gangkrews)

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

SlayVus posted:

It's not like you can go to a shooting range in Las Vegas and record how guns sound right? Right? RIGHT?!

There's a Las Vegas in Sweden?!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh cool the cheevos give away the final mission :catbert:

last man battalion in the UN Building

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Dexo posted:

They p much do though. Unless I'm mistaken. I'm pretty sure I've seen random groups of enemies spawn with a named mob, that does drop higher loot. Could do that every time, but I'm pretty sure I've killed spawns in the same area sometimes there's golds and named mobs and sometimes there isn't.

DZ cash is for if you either have terrible luck or are bad so you can get a baseline level of gear to help if gear is the reason you are bad.

Yeah they do. Even had an occasion where a cleaner group and a hoodlum group spawned near each other and started fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

They did have daily activities in the beta, it just wasn't in your face. Day one was help a civilian. Day two was kill some cleaners. Day three was kill a cleaner elite. Each gave a reward the next day which varied from the rewards vendor. Killing the cleaner gave 3 DZ keys. Being the person who topped the charts gave you a special reward. Someone helped 41 civilians on day one.

• Locked thread