Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm wondering if some of the bullet sponge enemies might have something to do with the nature of the preview builds where they didn't really have upgraded/customized weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Has anyone got a beta code from the sign up website instead of pre-ordering?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Clanpot Shake posted:

So apparently PS4 pre-orders no longer guarantee beta access? Got a code from Amazon and Ubisoft sent me the PS4 key but PSN says it's not a valid code. Then I see this and despite USA not being listed there it sure looks like they're not doing anymore beta access. I hadn't intended on canceling my pre-order but I sure as poo poo did after that.

Ugh, that's bullshit. I still haven't gotten a code through their website and was planning on doing the pre-order as a last resort but if that doesn't even guarantee a code gently caress that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Clanpot Shake posted:

Upon further investigation, the original email from Amazon had a link to the beta site, but to the Great Britain one, rather than the US one. Might be that because I redeemed through the UK portal I'm locked out, but if you try through the US site it might work for you.

This is either a technical glitch or Ubi updating their redirect to a foreign site to reduce the number of people playing the beta.

Well, I preordered through Amazon, got the code, entered it into their site and got an email about how I have guaranteed access to the Beta but don't actually have the PS4 code yet.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Clanpot Shake posted:

Let me know if you actually get the PS4 code working. I did get one but on the account management screen to redeem a code it says it isn't valid.

I got a code and entered into the Sony website and it was valid.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The website for redeeming the code is really lovely right now so you'll probably have to keep hitting it over and over before you actually get in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Rad Valtar posted:

I put my preorder access code into the division website but I'm still waiting for the beta code. I hope their system is just lagging behind and they didn't stop giving them out.

It took an hour for me to get mine from entering on their website to the beta.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CheeseFactory posted:

Watched some live streamer doing his thing in the dark zone, it looked like an absolute cluster gently caress, so many loving nades shaking the screen constantly.

Maybe I just tuned in at a bad time, but it was kinda disappointing.

Giant Bomb has a video of the Bone version and the Dark Zone part is a huge mess of everyone going at each other. Interesting DZ mechanic is that if you go Rogue and start attacking other players you get a longer respawn timer and you lose more DZ XP on death.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

How big are the parties/groups in this game? Always hated Destiny's 3-person limit. I was the guy who always got left out when my friends played :smith:

I think the Giant Bomb stream showed a menu saying you can have 7 people in a group but doing matchmaking for a story mission they get into one with 4.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That seems like something they can adjust with feedback. In fact, I'm pretty sure in previous videos it did take more than one bullet to go Rogue.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Von Bonez posted:

Loot dropped by enemies in the dark zone is only visible to you until you pick it up. Loot crates in the dark zone can be looted by anyone and have to respawn.

Although if you are killed in the Dark Zone you drop any non-extracted Dark Zone loot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This might be a stupid question, but the people having trouble with codes, are you guys talking about the first code or the second code? Because the first code you have to enter into thedivisiongame.com website and then they'll send you your platform specific code.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I did a contaminated zone out in the regular game world and found a ton of clothing options.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I mostly got shoes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You have to hold the cover button for automatic movement to the other cover spot, if you press it you just get out of cover.

Hot DZ tip, extract at the Northern point on top of the parking garage. It's kind of out of the way so you'll have less people trying to gank you.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It looks like if you kill enough people while Rogue you get marked for a "Manhunt" and show up on other peoples' radar.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

How do I level to 8? All my friends are in the Dark Zone and I can't play with them and I'm very sad and only level 6

Do side missions and the other "encounter" stuff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bolow posted:

Is there any real incentive for going rogue in the Dark Zone other than stealing some other dudes poo poo?

If you get away and lose Rogue status you get a big XP chunk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ciaphas posted:

Apparently I've got an unasked-for beta invite for this. No idea what it even is, am I right in guessing it's Destiny with a different finish?

I'm probably okay with that, Destiny on the PC sounds like a good time, but just wanna find out before I spend time/space downloading.

It's a lot more RPG than Destiny.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You're supposed to get loot from NPCs at "Landmarks" and containers are in the infected red zones.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something they should probably fix is that currently I can't find a way to leave a mission in progress.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, the main thing I'm wondering about is how interdependent PvE and PvP are going to be. For my friends and me, Dark Zones would definitely be the main draw of this game. It'd rather suck if you were more or less required to grind through a bunch of PvE content just to have sufficient regular XP and equipment to be able to take part in higher-ranked Dark Zones.

It looks like you're going to have to do story stuff if you actually want to advance because outside of the first set, skills are tied to base development not level.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ulvirich posted:

I hope they put up solid walls to prevent players from freely leaving PvP. Maybe a debuff if you get shot in the legs that you can't sprint across the entire city.

You can't leave the Dark Zone if you're "in combat." Not exactly sure how they measure it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's a social tab on the menu that shows friends list, not sure if it compatible with Steam or not.

Lblitzer posted:

Am I stupid or does that mean like late tonight?

No, pretty sure "night of the 31st" means tomorrow night.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of worried about the clothing stuff being a little unwieldy as I ended up with a ton of minor variation coats and boots.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I don't know about anyone else but I had real problems finding better weapons. Other equipment was fine but whenever I checked a vendor they only had lower stat stuff from the starting equipment, even the DZ guys.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

goldblums eyes posted:

How do you get the orange and legendary guns? Are they in the safe rooms or do they drop in-world? Also does equipment change in safe rooms or is it always the same?

The orange guns are in the "Safe Room" which is different from the checkpoints. The safe room is a building on the north end of the DZ map that you actually have to load in to and it has set weapons (in the beta at least.) The checkpoints have rotating stock like other vendors.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Croccers posted:

Considering how often that Watch_Dogs competitive app actually worked, it's a good thing.
Because it was a cool idea, it just NEVER worked.

They probably also got stats on how little anyone actually used the app and realized it was more effort than it was worth.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's funny because while you couldn't get the later abilities enemies still had them. Like I ran into a Cleaner in the DZ subway who set up a goddamn auto turret on me.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BadLlama posted:

Whats the report on shotguns? I feel like they will probably suck but look cool based on no reason besides a hunch.

I messed around with one and it was pretty useful. Especially because you could cancel out of a reload with however many shells had been loaded and continue firing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Knowing Ubisoft, anything less than a full fledged DLC is just going to be garbage you can easily ignore.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Feindfeuer posted:

I like how they show the getting hit effect from the player perspective for all the generic explody damage things, but not for the flashbang or the gas grenade; which would actually be useful to see how they effect players.

I don't think I was ever hit with a flashbang but a gas grenade causes everything to get fuzzy, including your HUD.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Dexo posted:

:allears: :allears: :allears: You don't even know man.

A 100% secret and non-oversighted black-ops spy and operations agency was created by a sitting president(Jack Ryan) under the guise of a private corporation. Said corporation stays "legal", gets funding, and secretive because they are hacking into government systems and using NSA/CIA resources and machines to both predict and manipulate markets to fund their Black-Ops missions. Also though President Jack Ryan created "The Campus", it operates completely independently without him knowing any details about any of the operations they are running so he has plausible deniability.

This is presented to the reader as the most obvious and smart solution ever to bypass the slow bureaucratic governmental agencies and congressional meddling with silly things like oversight and allows America to just get poo poo done by secretly being able to run ops in other countries on the request of the like 2-3 un-elected decision makers who run the campus

Oh and also the President's son is an Analyst/Agent doing said black ops missions. The sitting President of the United State's son is literally loving on the ground doing operations and poo poo in China.

I loving love Tom Clancy books. Unironically, they are just so outlandish that the politics of the books don't even effect me. It's me finding funny "THIS IS WHAT RIGHT WINGER WAR HAWKS ACTUALLY BELIEVE ABOUT SOUND FOREIGN POLICY"

Edit: Also Jack Ryan literally signed and gave the Campus and it's crew 100+ Blank and signed Presidential pardon's just in case they get caught doing illegal operations or poo poo(like I dunno insider trading) on American Soil.

To be fair to the Clance, it's rumored that he didn't actually write that book and it was just ghostwritten with his name on it.

As for the new open beta mission, I'm assuming they're going to do the one they showed off before where you're recruiting the JTF guy for your base.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Capn Beeb posted:

Given how much the character changed, I really don't blame him for not wanting to voice Fisher anymore.

According to reports he stopped doing it because they were changing it too much from a stealth game to a shooter and he isn't comfortable playing a violent hero. He doesn't have any issues playing violent bad guys because they're BAD guys but personally he doesn't condone violence.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hopper posted:

I don't have prime, is there any other way to watch the 30 minute video? Or is it basically a combination of the 4 mini videos produced by different people?

It's just the mini videos put together into one thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Skyscraper posted:

Which trailer was that? I didn't see that and it sounds just awesome.

The first E3 trailer had a thing where another person could team up through a tablet and play a drone but they cut that stuff from the game.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of the E3 trailer, I'm wondering if that bit they show off will end up as the opening/tutorial for the full game. The opening cutscene of the beta mentioned coming from Brooklyn and the Agent Origins video has those characters get keys for a police station like that trailer.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Kind of weird how up north there's a one way entrance to the DZ.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Orv posted:

Normally that would exit to more PvE world.

Are you sure? Because that's the entrance they showed in the preview videos about the DZ. Also looking at the collectibles list it seems like the gameworld is split in two by the Dark Zone seeing as there's an "East" and "West" area designation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Akion posted:

Wait - you can take your jacket off?

Yeah, just select whatever jacket you currently have equipped to remove it. Same with hats and I assume scarves. You can't take off your shirt, shoes or pants.

• Locked thread