Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Reverse Centaur posted:

Some super big red flags in that first video... lots of glitches, talk of unsatisfying gunplay, and getting into another Destiny type game sounds horrible. I probably won't be buying this one but I've been very curious about it.
Ditto, I'll be curious just to see how it finally ends up being. It's a big :siren: with how it's been delayed. According to wikipedia it was announced in 2013.

So it's either going to be Ubisoft's next Creed thing, or fall flat on it's face. Considering the state they've released the Creed games in recently, I'm expecting another flop. But I'm hoping to be proven wrong, and we get Destiny without the poo poo parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Individual enemies have a poo poo-ton of health compared to a single player. It's just that in small ambushes, everyone is shooting the same handful of dudes.

When things get more crazy and people have to split to shoot their own dudes, it highlights how much crazy HP they have compared to individual damage output.

To be honest this game is looking more and more like a giant Mass Effect multiplayer with a CoD skin, and I still hope they don't bork it up. Besides the lengthy development, and hoping that it won't be a game with Ubisoft being.. Ubisoft, my only real bitch is the lack of any offline mode, even if it's a seperate file, what with console online services being what they are.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Reverse Centaur posted:

I've seen this in two different videos now - an inability to shoot down at a target from above unless they're far away. Angry Joe was complaining about it and you can see it clearly here at 07:12:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTaTvtsF1s0
Hah. Finally got around to watching this. That part is so bad. You can almost hear the dev's squirming.

:stare: 'Has uhh, Joe found a bug there?'
:monocle: 'There's uhh.. Height requirements. Yeah.'

:fuckoff:

buttcoinbrony posted:

The gameplay videos so far remind me a lot of Ghost Recon Phantoms, an F2P game that I was playing a couple years ago. F2P fuckery aside, the mechanics were actually pretty drat slick and if the movement/firing in Division is similar it should at least be an entertaining run-up-slide-into-cover-pop-out-and-shoot-mans.
The system they're using was originally in the more recent Splinter Cell, and Future Soldier games. Phantoms was basically FS' multiplayer sold seperately, but without the loving atrocious netcode and matchmaking that killed the player count before it could get off the ground.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Thor-Stryker posted:

Has there been any encounters with the infected yet? I'm surprised they aren't going full L4D with lepers and special boss lepers.
For as crazy as Clancy stuff can get, I don't think they'll go for outright zombies, unless it's as a DLC of some sort. Clancy stuff at least takes a passing nod at reality.

I imagine at some point there will be more hospitals or secret underground labs being turned into shooting galleries though. Either get a cure, or prevent a new outbreak of murder-virus X. I imagine it'll involve forcefully inserting the business ends of numerous bullets into the faction responsible for the original outbreak.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

limaCAT posted:

I'm looking forward to be terrible in this game and to allow you to finish the raids only once I leave! :toot:
Don't worry, Ubisoft might pull a Destiny. Gate off their endgame content by making it hilariously over-tuned and have no matchmaking so a hefty chunk of the playerbase can't even access a raid, let alone finish it. :toot:

Megasabin posted:

Well considering there is no reason to "focus fire" anything in real life, since 1 gun kills just as quickly as 5 as long as you hit the target, I'm not sure how that affects tactical realism.
Only available by redeeming it on UPlay, realistic difficulty. Enemies die in one shot! And so do you!

I joke, but the recent CoD tried this and utterly missed the point. Black Ops 3 had you die in one hit. But the enemies still retain their normal health values, making it a impossible to play, unfair pile of garbage.:suicide:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Rookersh posted:

The Season Pass is FORTY DOLLARS if you buy the Gold Edition, and all it sounds like it adds is a dungeon/raid, a survival gameplay mode, and a horde mode?

You must be joking.
While that part is shady as poo poo, more interesting is them claiming to do smaller things between DLC's.

poo poo on EA all you like, but Battlefield Premium for BF4 added a impressive amount of stuff between the actual DLC packs. You regularly got free gear / equipment / camos / boost events, and if more companies start doing that, it'll be a improvement over the SAVE X% ON ALL DLC :geno: crap most season passes are.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Anime_Otaku posted:

I've been playing a bit today, even braved the Dark Zone and survived a guy attacking me, most people seemed pretty chill which actually surprised me a little, maybe it's just too much GTA V. Influenced my expectations. There actually seems like a decent amount of content for 3 days of play even if there's only three or so story missions there's a bunch of other side tasks too including a chained mission set, which I think is a nice idea.
Any Xbox players that want to team up my XBL id Wraith108
I wonder if the spawning of the loot is linked to how quickly the older stuff is ferried out.

It might literally be easier just to let people ferry out their loot, and try to snag a new spawn, compared to wasting twenty minutes swapping bullets and trying to steal their poo poo. :science:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Anime_Otaku posted:

You do get suppressors for weapons but beyond that I don't think there's much active stealth, there's no abilities and I don't know if there's a "backstab" type mechanic, though running from cover to cover before attacking works well.
If I remember rightly Angry Joe's footage had him sneak up on someone trying exactly that, and when he asked about it, there's no 'proper' stealth. You can scoot around them to find a good spot before you start shooting, but there's no proper stealth / takedowns.

On a guess from their previous games that used the same cover system, silencers might make the AI take longer to re-target if you switch cover, ( Splinter Cell had a nifty ghost image of where the AI thinks you are ) or just be basic performance mods. Nevermind I guessed wrong!

limited fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 29, 2016

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Logic posted:

I am concerned about the lack of features in this beta for a game releasing in just over a month. Did they say somewhere that this was purely to stress test?
I imagine it's doing double duty as a stress test, and to reassure folks this isn't another Creed which fucks up royally as soon as you hit start. The season pass / DLC is going to be full of the modes that have been stripped out.

I'll admit what I'm hearing so far is tempting the hell out of me though, despite the DLC being painfully obvious that it's modes that have been pulled to sell seperately.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Orv posted:

Also when you die in THE ZONE, as a non-rogue you lose around 15-25 XP depending on your DZ level. The higher your rogue level when you die the more XP you lose, up to entire levels at the highest rogue timer extents.
Ugh, you can actually de-level from that? I can understand the loss part of it, but most games that aren't terrible at least only knock down to the beginning of your current level. Hopefully the level restrictions are just to buy the DZ equipment at least.

Otherwise that'll be fun for people who finally get their hands on shiny dark-zone buyable loot, then get popped in the back of the head trying it out for the first time, and magically can't equip it anymore.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Perestroika posted:

Killed everybody, took their stuff, and extracted it with the chopper they had just called in :laugh:
Beautiful. :golfclap: I wouldn't know to rage out or laugh my rear end off if that happened to me for being dumb enough to group up like that.

Is extraction instant, or do you have to hit a button and go through a animation to drop loot off? I'd probably just try to sprint through if it was instant and get the gently caress out of there.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Vatek posted:

It's not a flag for DLC. There's a mechanic where you have to have a filter of a certain level to survive in contaminated areas. Pretty much every area in the beta has a contamination level of 1 but there's a section in the hospital mission behind a locked door that has a contamination level of 2. If you go in there with a level 1 filter, you die in about 5-10 seconds.

The pouches section of the inventory shows your current filter level, although there's no way to upgrade past the basic level 1 filter in the beta from what I can tell.
If the wiki is accurate, medics can passively gain virus protection via perks. I hope that means you can be a dick in the DZ and lure people chasing you into highly contaminated zones to watch them die and steal their poo poo. :unsmigghh:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah very few games actually treat damage pretty realistically (Day of Defeat is probably one of the better ones, CS;GO at least doesn't have instant healing, etc.)

But again, like I said before, the bullet sponge problem isn't so much to do with realism.

The bullet sponge concerns are much more a result of this being the same genre of game as Destiny, a game that has huge loving horrible bullet sponges. Nothing about Destiny is realistic.
While it's not realistic, one of the better damage models I saw was in the last Wolverine game. As your HP dropped you'd basically just be playing as a metal skeleton with some strategic chunks of flesh still clinging on, until he regenerated. :barf:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Sorry to the goons I was playing with, I had to drop out because I had a awesome bug. ALL the voice audio was missing from that last mission we did. So it started playing sequentially as soon as I zoned into the HQ and it was driving me loving crazy overlaid with all the NPC chatter. :psyduck:

Kind of sad the shotguns seem to have taken a tap with the nerf-bat compared to the earlier footage. Back to the videogame standard range where they're only effective when it would be quickier and easier just to punch people anyway. :sigh: Loved the LMG though. The new environments are pretty drat interesting. That loving subway. :stare:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Also, does anyone actually use sidearms?
All the time. They're so much more accurate than primaries, I'd be tempted to try a side-arm only build in the full game if such a thing is possible.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Despera posted:

Dark zone is unplayable alone
Yup. I thought I could sneak to a isolated landing zone away from all the main mayhem with my goodies. So nice of them to put elite squads on top of each LZ so it's basically impossible to fight off both the NPC's and the players who have come rushing across to steal your poo poo. :suicide:

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Lakbay posted:

Dark Zone gear needs a tweak since despite the loading tips and ads saying the best gear comes from the DZ, I still find the vendors at the Base selling much better loot.
I'm going to guess it'll be more obvious in the full release, especially at the endgame. It's easier to churn out new guns & gear than whole new missions after all.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Croccers posted:

So.... what happens to Xbone/PS4 players that don't have Live/Plus? They can't enter the Dark Zone at all? It's just Dark Zone but no other players? :???:
Pretty sure Division is just like Destiny. There's zero offline support for this game, so you basically wouldn't be able to play the game solo without a subscription anyway? :confused:

Dandywalken posted:

Nicely done. They must've been mad as hell. The only thing better than being a Rogue in a crew is the inevitable comeuppance.
I quite liked how they obviously panicked when the first body went down for good. They didn't even try to revive each other after that. :lol: Not as much a fan of you being able to take damage despite being 100% behind a brick wall though. I'd always thought the dings I'd taken in cover were from limbs sticking out, or bullet penetration behind fences and shittier cover. Latency be damned, saw more than a enemy few hits there while taking cover beside the door.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

SlayVus posted:

I wonder if finding secluded zones is going to become tactical when the game actually comes out. I noticed in the beta that the notices for incoming extractions actually had a range limit. So, if you're at the parking garage extract you couldn't see extracts at that far bottom right corner extract. Say you get 6/6 bag of just orange items, you try and make your way South to areas of the map that are less frequented by higher level players.
Nope! There's NPC spawns usually within at least shooting distance of the extractions. Sure you can fight 'em off, but the respawn is brutally short, and it won't matter. Because the first player to find you by then will rightly just pop your half-dead rear end in the head and steal your poo poo just in time for the chopper to arrive.

I'm not bitter at all. Nope. :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Badfinger posted:

That seems silly.

Aww drat, no HK47 in the game.
Personally I'm disappointed to hear the SCAR is a inaccurate piece of crap. I've yet to play a game with a SCAR in that doesn't sound utterly brutal when fired. :black101: Hopefully the L85 isn't pants. :britain:

BadLlama posted:

That list doesn't seem like it is all the weapons, seems like there is a ton of weapons that are pretty iconic but left out.
I'm going to guess they'll add more into the DLC. There's no DEagle on that list, and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to be a modern shooter without one.

• Locked thread