Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
look okay i was born in 89 so by all accounts i should have a mega boner for harry potter, but who gives a poo poo? i guess there's another fuckin movie coming out thats not harry potter, but really it's harry potter, and why should anyone care? i read the first three because i was in the age group that was right in that target demo in the late 90s and then the 4th one was like, twice as long as any other harry potter book and woah turns out i didn't care about retard wizard poo poo that much.

anyway, thanks y'all for having me, i'll be around, and if you like harry potter enough to get mad enough at this to want to tell me why i should actually like harry potter, lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
You must care if you cared enough to write some thread about it. :shrug:

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

pft loving 90s kids

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

so what you're saying is Twilight is better?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

its all ABOUT the girls born in the 90's as long as they are 18+

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gabeuvvqhsc&t=20s

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I looked like harry potter in school. Thankfully now i i look more like trainspotting

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i feel you OP. never read any of the books nor watched any of the movies. this is how i retain my "cool" status.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

i feel you OP. never read any of the books nor watched any of the movies. this is how i retain my "cool" status.

You were also like 4 when they were popular

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Isaac posted:

You were also like 4 when they were popular
same year the terrorists attacked our blessed country, God Bless the U.S.A. :911:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
That redhead chick got stupid hot.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

shiksa posted:

look okay i was born in 89 so by all accounts i should have a mega boner for harry potter, but who gives a poo poo? i guess there's another fuckin movie coming out thats not harry potter, but really it's harry potter, and why should anyone care? i read the first three because i was in the age group that was right in that target demo in the late 90s and then the 4th one was like, twice as long as any other harry potter book and woah turns out i didn't care about retard wizard poo poo that much.

anyway, thanks y'all for having me, i'll be around, and if you like harry potter enough to get mad enough at this to want to tell me why i should actually like harry potter, lol

i bet this fool never read any books at all when he was a kid

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

same year the terrorists attacked our blessed country, God Bless the U.S.A. :911:

How did you react to this news

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Isaac posted:

How did you react to this news
probably by playing with my Legos

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
i, too, have not read a book.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Some books are good and others are less good.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
It was pretty funny how fast JK abandoned the whole slave elf subplot. She got way in over her head so fast. Smart move just forgetting about it, honestly.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

i've never read the harry potter and i'm looking for like-minded people to discuss how little we know about a thing. for example: who is the harry potter? i do not know, and on this matter i am unrepentant.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
They made like 8 movies and never once did he sell a vase or a bowl, what a lovely potter he was.

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

ScrubLeague posted:

They made like 8 movies and never once did he sell a vase or a bowl, what a lovely potter he was.
that's a very realistic portrayal of going to art school tbh

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

ScrubLeague posted:

All his pottery was covered in hair. What do you expect? Who wants hairy pottery?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

What? You really read the first three books and then stopped? That's insane.

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
harry potter touched me in a way ive never been touched before but in a way ive seen people be touched on the internet

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i read a few of the books because i girl i was dating was really into them. i probably should have paid attention to that giant flashing warning sign.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

very controversial opinions itt

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I hadnt thought about harry potter in my day to day life. Now heres the conundrum: do i care more or less than the OP? Op is stronlgy not caring but it wasnt even in my head. Who cares less?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Isaac posted:

I hadnt thought about harry potter in my day to day life. Now heres the conundrum: do i care more or less than the OP? Op is stronlgy not caring but it wasnt even in my head. Who cares less?

ask yourself this: WHY IS POTTER SO HAIRY?

then maybe you'll know

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
I think I stopped reading halfway through the 6th book. I just stopped caring and realized I'd see the rest of the stories in the films.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
hairy potter is a good ironic misspelling, but how about this: harry poter

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Originalpostus Faggotus

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

they're always doing magic and I'm like... uhh magic isn't real idoits

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
they call him harry potter because he smokes lots of nugs

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Harry Potter: better than Brian Jacques at least

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

Yeah but I read how j.k. Rowling is now revising the characters in a way that has no bearing on the plot I.e. Hermione was black and dumbedore was gay. J.k. Rowling loving sucks dude. Plus all that Robert Galbraith pseudonym poo poo (but somehow her identity was leaked weeks before she anonymously published her first non-Harry potter book and inadvertently made millions from it.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Sorry OP but if you create a thread in GBS about something it shows you really care about it.

Like, a LOT.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
So , how many times do you guys thing Harry and Ron used that invisible cloak to sneak in the girls locker room/shower ? (once they got to college of course)

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
I never read the books or saw any of the movies because I didn't give a poo poo, then my girlfriend dragged me to harry potter world in universal studios. Then I realized how far in the minority I am. Full grown adults running around in robes carrying wands. I was embarrassed for them.

Also, there was a pube in my orange magical drink I got at the butter beer stand.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Thanks for weighing in on Harry Potter, OP. With all the attention the Harry Potter franchise has been getting in the media lately, I was waiting for someone to take it down a peg.

Now I just wish someone would stick it to popular TV show F*R*I*E*N*D*S.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

applewhite easily beats me to the exact goddamned joke I was about to make so instead I'll say something along the lines of "you should try reading terry pratchett or something good" i don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

also 1989? pfft. your opinions are meaningless. come back when you were born in 1985 or earlier, then maybe I'll listen to you

• Locked thread