Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

boom boom boom posted:

The dude in that is so hot. goddamn

...would?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

angerbeet posted:

depends on the dick imo

hollywood stocks in BBC are down, sell sell sell! the feminine penis trap is the next big thing so get in on the ground floor! why else do you think samuel "big black dingus" jackson lost the nom to eddie "poz my trans hole" redmayne?

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

I'm sure that producer lady from project greenlight is very upset

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

b3 ur like a broken clock

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Seems like Hollywood reaaaaaaaally wants to make Jennifer Lawrence popular. I haven't liked her in anything I've seen yet.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
one year we'll have an all-black Oscars, and then the host will go "there, it's proportional, now quit complaining for 13 years"

I feel like we should have a table for racial makeup hypothesis testing. Like, how many black people winning an Oscar is the minimum for a p-value of .3 or .5 and summarily fail to reject the null-hypothesis of bias? I don't even know how many people, black or not, can be nominated.

Sucks if an Oscar gets you a pay raise in your next movie.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Seems like Hollywood reaaaaaaaally wants to make Jennifer Lawrence popular. I haven't liked her in anything I've seen yet.

I've liked her in some of her recent indie work :D

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I was at an art museum the other day and all the pieces from ancient europe or asia were intricate and clearly looked like something that only the best of the bests would be able to do given enough time and money. Then there was an african section where all the carvings looked like amateur hour, the pottery was made using that coiling technique we use to teach our literal children with no clayworking experience how to make baby's first pot, and the descriptions for almost every piece were some person made it for some family member, as in it was something your mom would put on the fridge after you showed it to her. Admittedly the discussion on the history and meanings of the works were interesting and the curators were very explicit in pointing out that symbolism and iconagraphy were intentionally favored over realism etc but i just couldn't get away from the impression that any laymen could make the stuff.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

boom boom boom posted:

would

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

I was at an art museum the other day and all the pieces from ancient europe or asia were intricate and clearly looked like something that only the best of the bests would be able to do given enough time and money. Then there was an african section where all the carvings looked like amateur hour, the pottery was made using that coiling technique we use to teach our literal children with no clayworking experience how to make baby's first pot, and the descriptions for almost every piece were some person made it for some family member, as in it was something your mom would put on the fridge after you showed it to her. Admittedly the discussion on the history and meanings of the works were interesting and the curators were very explicit in pointing out that symbolism and iconagraphy were intentionally favored over realism etc but i just couldn't get away from the impression that any laymen could make the stuff.

which reddit is this from

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

Solice Kirsk posted:

She's a good actress and very sexy so I hope she wins a prize.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
it could be racism

or maybe its cause the top 12 best actors this year were white

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Solice Kirsk posted:

have you seen winters bone cuz she's loving awesome in that

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i'd bone her this winter with first class american hustle until her cooch is catching fire, filling her with joy.

she's in my silver linings laybook.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
she was also in the Mel Gibson movie "the beaver", which is also a sex word.

two for the shoah
Jan 14, 2016

nice work white ppl

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

as true this year as it was last year

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Stinky_Pete posted:

one year we'll have an all-black Oscars, and then the host will go "there, it's proportional, now quit complaining for 13 years"
this happened two Oscars ago and this is exactly what we're going through right now

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
nominating Jennifer loving Lawrence over Charlize Theron is a goddamn travesty and must have cost somebody a whole truckload of bribes

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Let's all care about rich jews congratulating each other for making movies that all look and sound exactly the same

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
gently caress you Leo doesn't deserve poo poo for The Revenant he just grunted and drooled the whole movie.

Tom Hardy deserves an Oscar for his excellent performance in that film though no lie

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
crash beat brokeback, so take a seat blacks it's the gays turn.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
I watched Crash after I got my wisdom teeth out and was loopy as all hell and that movie still sucked rear end.

Maybe the Oscars don't mean poo poo.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Toadvine posted:

Maybe the Oscars don't mean poo poo.
no "maybe" about it, they absolutely don't mean poo poo. but you've got people who talk about these vanity ceremonies like they're more important than an election, because they think pop culture consumption is more important to their politics than voting, protesting, helping out the less fortunate, etc

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
I want class warfare already ! Why can't it start ? Any way to subvert the system and speed things along ?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Decebal posted:

I want class warfare already ! Why can't it start ? Any way to subvert the system and speed things along ?

You can foment revolution using the various social media platforms online my friend

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The oscars are about honoring who worked the hardest and has the most talent soooooo

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Beef Turret posted:

You can foment revolution using the various social media platforms online my friend

But the left Tumblers hate guns ! How the hell are we going to kill the upper classes/government without guns ?? Don't these idiots read any history ? Look at the Zapatistas, guns everywhere

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

how could hollywood betray us like this!

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

Toadvine posted:

gently caress you Leo doesn't deserve poo poo for The Revenant he just grunted and drooled the whole movie.

Tom Hardy deserves an Oscar for his excellent performance in that film though no lie

Best actor rarely goes to who acted best, just who acted the most

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Just lol if you give a single thought to any award show.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Airborne Viking posted:

Best actor rarely goes to who acted best, just who acted the most

Still think it was Tom for this one. He acted hard and he acted good.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Toadvine posted:

while i disagree about leo tom hardy was amazing and it will be a travesty if he doesn't win

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Y-Hat posted:

pop culture consumption is more important to their politics than voting, protesting, helping out the less fortunate, etc

It is of equal importance

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

no "maybe" about it, they absolutely don't mean poo poo. but you've got people who talk about these vanity ceremonies like they're more important than an election, because they think pop culture consumption is more important to their politics than voting, protesting, helping out the less fortunate, etc

"maybe" it's possible to care about and be interested in more than one thing at a time beep boop trains :spergin:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the great deceiver posted:

"maybe" it's possible to care about and be interested in more than one thing at a time beep boop trains :spergin:
that's true, but people who bitch about the political importance of pop culture, by and large, almost exclusively care about unimportant bullshit like awards nominations

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
OP, post a vid of you killing yourself IRL or you're banned.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

it never occurs to some people why the oscars are almost always white (2 years ago excepted)- almost every bankable movie star is white and they get casted in roles that don't necessarily have to be played by a white person. but it's easier to focus on the superficial; in this case, it's focused on a ceremony where the true purpose is to stroke the egos of big important Hollywood blowhards

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Y-Hat posted:

that's true, but people who bitch about the political importance of pop culture, by and large, almost exclusively care about unimportant bullshit like awards nominations

well taking into account that donald trump could very possibly be our next president you do kind of have a point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Molothecat posted:

black people movies are always either feel-bad movies about slavery or bad comedies

sorry op

Yeah I wonder why that is... :confused:

• Locked thread