Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

What is this?

Umm... What?

That doesn't tell me anything!

I don't understand.

Well do you have any rules for the thread? Any spoiler policy?

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Fan Art!

Jobbo_Fett is very angry about something.

nine-gear crow's breakfast of choice.

Jobbo_Fett reminding us of who the world's leading dietary expert is.

FeyerbrandX has revealed an alternative breakfast.

FeyerbrandX's got some great breakfast in his pantry.

FeyerbrandX made the drum solo even better!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU7t_q3pBxk

:siren:Nine-gear Crow decided to close us off with a highlight reel of the whole shebang.:siren:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QtSZ4qGdT0

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 19:53 on May 11, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Also, because it occurs to me that no one introduced themselves in the first video, I am joined in this endeavor by fellow forums badasses Jobbo_Fett and Artix.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Hell yeah, let's do this. I hope everyone is ready for a fuckin' ride because this game is beautiful and I wouldn't change a goddamn thing about it. :allears:

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

The art tag has never been more appropriate, this is amazing :allears:

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!
Good luck, I absolutely love this game too.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Uh, wow. I admit I knew nothing about this game except people liked to talk about it every once in awhile and it wasn't expected to do very well?

This certainly is... a thing. :suspense: My curiosity is admittedly piqued.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Those aren't bats. Those are Birds in disguise. Only birds are capable of being that big of an rear end in a top hat in a videogame.

Also, obligatory "Ivan For Smash" request.

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Jan 14, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

Those aren't bats. Those are Birds in disguise. Only birds are capable of being that big of an rear end in a top hat in a videogame.

Also, obligatory "Ivan For Smash" request.

Hey man, have you ever played a Classicvania game? Bats are assholes in those. :argh:

Also it's not Smash, but...

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Hey man, have you ever played a Classicvania game? Bats are assholes in those. :argh:

Birds are even worse though in that. And Medusa Heads.

And not only did they dig out an old car, ship it to Cuba the properly registered and stuck a Gitmo License plate on it. Gotta do this Black Ops completely legally.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

ChaosArgate posted:

I want this man to have a permanent bullet bill attached to his shades

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Satellites don't work that way. Drones don't work that way. Power grids don't work that way. Gitmo doesn't work that way. Bats don't work that way. PHYSICS doesn't work that way.

This game...

It's just...

It's...

:stare: Me gusta.

(Seriously: this game feels like Vanquish if you toned down the sci-fi part and somehow managed to crank up the crazy even from Vanquish's level of Anime Hillary Clinton's microwave space laser lunacy)

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Is that an infinity symbol on his belt buckle?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Did someone buy an avatar for you that fast or did you get it for yourself?

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Much as I liked my Navi avatar, I don't think she was quite appropriate for an LP like this.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Navi is Ivan backwards

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Navi is Ivan backwards

Oh what the gently caress how did I not notice???

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:allears:

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

ChaosArgate posted:

Oh what the gently caress how did I not notice???

You may not have noticed, but your brain did.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have no idea what's going on, but it looks prettyabsolutely insane. :suspense:

gently caress it, I'm jumping on this crazy train as well.

Digital Jello
Nov 2, 2012

Now I have a machine gun. Ho! Ho! Ho!
This game is loving amazing in an "old school"-kinda way. Now that I've got both LPs of this to follow, it's actually prompted me to play it all over again.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ChaosArgate posted:

I just want to point out the subtle istry of this image. Ivan is in 3rd place, and he is 1/3rd of the way through the race.

:golfclap:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
What the gently caress did I just watch and why do I need more of it?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I just about lost it when bats were the most deadly thing in the entire level, and then you revealed that he smokes. I am ready for more of this. :allears:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I mentioned this in the Skype chat but it bears repeating here, I love how there are 0 Arabic detainees in Gitmo, as opposed to real life Gitmo, where there are all of them.

It's like they went "where can we have Ivan be imprisoned at the start of the game to show he's a real hard badass?" / "I know, let's have him be in Guantanamo Bay! There's nothing but terrorists* there!" But then someone else went "yeah, but wouldn't that mean you'd spend the first 20 minutes killing nothing but Arabic people on your way out the door?" and Tomonobu Itagaki went "Oh? Oooooooooohhh."

* "Unflawful combatants", I know, I know. And most of them aren't actually charged with any crime because Gitmo's an extrajudicial shithole stain on America.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jan 15, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

nine-gear crow posted:

I mentioned this in the Skype chat but it bears repeating here, I love how there are 0 Arabic detainees in Gitmo, as opposed to real life Gitmo, where there are all of them.

It's like they went "where can we have Ivan be imprisoned at the start of the game to show he's a real hard badass?" / "I know, let's have him be in Guantanamo Bay! There's nothing but terrorists* there!" But then someone else went "yeah, but wouldn't that mean you'd spend the first 20 minutes killing nothing but Arabic people on your way out the door?" and Tomonobu Itagaki went "Oh? Oooooooooohhh."

* "Unflawful combatants", I know, I know. And most of them aren't actually charged with any crime because Gitmo's an extrajudicial shithole stain on America.

Sharktooth Necklace :c00lbert:

Oh, and the next videos don't explain the logic AND get worse!

Suck it down.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Well then.

This is everything you guys were saying it would be.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I have to hand it to you, if you had actually introduced this game in the OP or in the new LPs thread, I would've glossed right over it. But as it is, I had to check out what the hell was going on.

I'm still not entirely sure what's going on, really. But I'm bookmarking this thread anyway.

poorlywrittennovel
Oct 9, 2012

The gently caress did I watch? And why do I want to see more of this? EXPLAIN ARGATE :argh:

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

poorlywrittennovel posted:

The gently caress did I watch? And why do I want to see more of this? EXPLAIN ARGATE :argh:

Sorry to white knight, but it's Right in the OP, like 4 times.

e: I don't see a spoiler policy. Would it look something like this?

FeyerbrandX fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 16, 2016

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

Sorry to white knight, but it's Right in the OP, like 4 times.

e: I don't see a spoiler policy. Would it look something like this?

poo poo, you're right. I have amended the OP for the spoiler policy, thanks!

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So, is this a Bad Game? Or just a mediocre one? Or even one that plays fine but is ridiculous? :allears:

Xenoveritas
May 9, 2010
Dinosaur Gum
All I know about this game is that it was used as an example of why Hideo Kojima finding a new publisher who isn't Konami might not lead to good games.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Xenoveritas posted:

All I know about this game is that it was used as an example of why Hideo Kojima finding a new publisher who isn't Konami might not lead to good games.

Isn't Kojima Productions the actual developers for the Kojima games?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

HardDisk posted:

Isn't Kojima Productions the actual developers for the Kojima games?
I think the general sentiment in that regard is that Kojima is a man with large, sometimes extravagant ideas for games and that he's the kind of person that needs to be reined in at times. Otherwise you'll have a game under development for a decade that goes through multiple console and engine changes, and comes out massively over budget and just being a generally huge mess. Another good example of this: John Romero.

Also I've sadly got the impression from watching other videos of this game that the drum solo is pretty much the high point of the game and it never reaches that again...but maybe it will?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Niggurath posted:

I think the general sentiment in that regard is that Kojima is a man with large, sometimes extravagant ideas for games and that he's the kind of person that needs to be reined in at times. Otherwise you'll have a game under development for a decade that goes through multiple console and engine changes, and comes out massively over budget and just being a generally huge mess. Another good example of this: John Romero.

Wait, the general sentiment is that we DON'T need more games like Devil's Third and Boktai?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wait, the general sentiment is that we DON'T need more games like Devil's Third and Boktai?
I think people could enjoy another Boktai, but I don't get the strong feeling that Valhalla Studios is going to be making many more games. Though looking at their wikipedia page it looks like avid fans of Devil's Third have an online multiplayer only version of the game coming out from Nexon and boy howdy does that scream quality...

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Nintendo of Japan co-owns the IP, so if they want another one, then we very well may have another one. Also the multiplayer is apparently really good and the PC port was done by Valhalla games themselves, so I really hope it comes stateside before this LP finishes so I can get a bunch of people together for it. Also, Itagaki himself plays the multiplayer and he's really good, so there is a very real chance he will make you his bitch if you play against him!

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
I can't tell if nothing about this is good or if everything about it is amazing. I'm also not sure what the greatest threat to survival is: Bats or Horrible Lighting Engine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
the on-fire screaming dude sounded like one of them screaming goats.

• Locked thread