Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
It's like the whole universe was created for that singular subjective experience (mine). Just finished the ep 2, and though this was mostly previously known information to me, it was just unbelievable to watch it while under the influence. Jesus gently caress poo poo gets raw when you think about it deep enough. Great stuff!

Why don't they just skip grade 1-3 science parts with repeated watchings of this series and be done with it? Don't have to give lsd to kids, though it might do good for them once they grow up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i only do cocaine OP

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

you ahouldnt do drugs op

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Chinatown posted:

i only do cocaine OP

How is Cosmos under that? I hear cocaine makes you a bit of an egomaniac, kind of the opposite of acid, so I'd expect Cosmos would be quite a contradictory experience?

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Celluloid Sam posted:

you ahouldnt do drugs op

yes but basically all of us do so what

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Even the ones who say they don't

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

I agree with the sentiment, OP, but you will find GBS unsympathetic. Everyone figured this out in college. Congratulations on your new found enlightenment, you will still die of diabetes and Donald Trump will serve three terms as president.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Anyway, I just made this thread to raise awareness for both of the things mentioned in the title, in addition to emphasising how great a combination they make

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

what about acid like that burns you

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

TEAYCHES posted:

I agree with the sentiment, OP, but you will find GBS unsympathetic. Everyone figured this out in college. Congratulations on your new found enlightenment, you will still die of diabetes and Donald Trump will serve three terms as president.

Yeah as I said, this was previously known data to me, but the subjective feeling at the time of the watching was something to be shared. I only want to spread goodness to the world. :)

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Celluloid Sam posted:

what about acid like that burns you

Haha you mean like LSD? Like a burn-out?? Both types can burn you, is what I mean.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

TEAYCHES posted:

Haha you mean like LSD? Like a burn-out?? Both types can burn you, is what I mean.

ur so wise

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
you know what posting looks like on acid?

AWEFOKASdokfapokWOA@#)3f00kfkfADS??f?F ?F?F akodska wof faRFkpcvmzxc.v.vc. wolf .woflafwolfwolwf far.ta.ofjwofeafoijpapjirojixcvz vc. .v LBLLBB :D AOSFkawefk :D >___ L:d:D:d: AOSDF:D :o:O:o:O:DOASDsadosddas

nice ruse op but the facts dont add up

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
idk how you can know about the infinite universe but still be all petty and stupid about idiot poo poo

namaste

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
that sounds like an epic win op

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hate using my computer when tripping because the cursor and all the lines on my CRT start wiggling around and makes me wanna puke,

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

SnowblindFatal posted:

It's like the whole universe was created for that singular subjective experience (mine). Just finished the ep 2, and though this was mostly previously known information to me, it was just unbelievable to watch it while under the influence. Jesus gently caress poo poo gets raw when you think about it deep enough. Great stuff!

Why don't they just skip grade 1-3 science parts with repeated watchings of this series and be done with it? Don't have to give lsd to kids, though it might do good for them once they grow up.

Could you send me a letter with some stamps in it ? It's totally odorless right ?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

havent tried that but its nice with weed i recommend it

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

a bone to pick posted:

I hate using my computer when tripping because the cursor and all the lines on my CRT start wiggling around and makes me wanna puke,

lmao if this is actually true.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I think subjects and objects are problematic

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

SnowblindFatal posted:

It's like the whole universe was created for that singular subjective experience (mine).

that's the opposite of what carl sagan says in every single episode

that profound insight you feel is an illusion

stop doing drugs

grow up

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
have you ever tried ken burns

on weed

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Moridin920 posted:

idk how you can know about the infinite universe but still be all petty and stupid about idiot poo poo

namaste

this is the most perfect post, now

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
you cant tell me their isnt a god

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

LegoPirateNinja posted:

that's the opposite of what carl sagan says in every single episode

that profound insight you feel is an illusion

stop doing drugs

grow up

let go of the hate

Aug 4, 2010

LegoPirateNinja posted:

stop doing drugs

grow up

you might be a cooler poster if you did drugs Mr. Lego.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

SnowblindFatal posted:

Why don't they just skip grade 1-3 science parts with repeated watchings of this series and be done with it?

Oh wait they might turn out to be communists, NEVER MIND!

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

https://youtu.be/zSgiXGELjbc

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMaRHLMjGws

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

is the new one with the black guy any good on acid/weed

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

why are you using a crt it takes like minimal effort to find a decent lcd even for free these days

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
the best part is always at the end when he gets all abstract while standing along the shore of the cosmic mind and then the Vangelis kicks in hard. :lsd:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

a hole-y ghost posted:

why are you using a crt it takes like minimal effort to find a decent lcd even for free these days

:retrogames: maybe

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

www posted:

you might be a cooler poster if you did drugs Mr. Lego.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

LCD? No, I was talking about lsd.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Agreed op there's a difference between knowing about all that cosmic stuff and integrating it on a deeper level. It's the same for everything really. Taking a glance at a picture or reproduction of the mona lisa doesn't equal actually viewing the real thing and taking the time to feel everything it expresses, the chasm of time between when it was made and now, and so forth.

You can say "x billion years ago the sun condensed out of a nebula and its stabilizing gravity caused other bodies to form around it" good job you get an 85 on your cosmotology. It's completely different from that internalization that occurs when you realize stuff like how that nebula was partially formed by earlier stars blowing up or what have you, and that the same matter that burns within our star are also what we are made of. Sagan gets across the reverence inspired by that sort of understanding. It was his strongest trait imo. Not the knowledge itself, but fact that he was excellent at communicating the inspiration inherent in it

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009

Chinatown posted:

i only do cocaine OP

lol, naturally

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Take it to TCC you druggie (and take me with you).

Lost Canyoneer
Nov 1, 2009
Best part is the Vangelis soundtrack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
have any of you guys ever railed Celebrex

• Locked thread