Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
What strategies would you recommend? What do people here do to ensure maximum efficiency? They have a full chinese buffet a traditional british carvery an indian food section mexican food a pizza section a salad bar and a desert section with lots of cakes and such. Is there any food in particular I should avoid?

Should I eat anything the morning beforehand?

Shirley Crabtree fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
I have never been to a buffet that didn't serve bland, lukewarm food so my best advice is don't go.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
If you want to really throw us all for a loop you should just eat a reasonable amount of food lmbo!

Imagine if you had like 3 moderate plates of assorted food and then were like "Hoo boy, I'm satiated!"

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
also i am going there with my bird, my pizza hut buffet record is 14 slices, i am hoping to impress her with my hearty appetite

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Shirley Crabtree posted:

What strategies would you recommend? What do people here do to ensure maximum efficiency? They have a full chinese buffet a traditional british carvery an indian food section mexican food a pizza section a salad bar and a desert section with lots of cakes and such. Is there any food in particular I should avoid?

Should I eat anything the morning beforehand?
Take a lot of pictures an post them for laughs, brave goonsire! :patriot: :angel:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Shirley Crabtree posted:

also i am going there with my bird, my pizza hut buffet record is 14 slices, i am hoping to impress her with my hearty appetite
I don't think birds are affected by displays of slovenly gluttony. It will probably just chirp or start pecking at your face.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Don't let them fill you up with bullshit like bread. Get your money's worth by filling your first plate with nothing but meat.

Dunno why I'm serious posting, but gently caress man it's all you can MEAT! :chef:

Have a light breakfast, but just so you don't feel like poo poo and have your wits about you when you enter the buffet.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

a hole-y ghost posted:

I don't think birds are affected by displays of slovenly gluttony. It will probably just chirp or start pecking at your face.

You see, the guy you're talking to is from the past, where they say "birds" to mean "sexually pertinent women." 19th century, I believe

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
yeah eat a light breakfast, if you fast until you get there you'll feel full quickly

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
Hey, some vegetables can be expensive. Salads with good romaine and greens, not that worthless iceberg poo poo

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
maybe put your penis into the mashed potatoes to display your dominance to the others trying to gather food. its very important to let it sit their for a few minutes while you make eye contact with everyone around you. This is how our ancestors did it.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I would say a good strategy at the all-you-can-eat buffet is to try and eat all that you can.
Thank you.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Stinky_Pete posted:

You see, the guy you're talking to is from the past, where they say "birds" to mean "sexually pertinent women." 19th century, I believe

Precisely, my bit of crumpet so to speak. Also thanks for the brekky and the no carbs tip.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Ema Nymton posted:

Hey, some vegetables can be expensive. Salads with good romaine and greens, not that worthless iceberg poo poo

gently caress right off if you think im touching the salad bar

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
You can throw up in the bathroom to make room for more food.

red_dirt
Apr 26, 2014

by Shine
Remember: it's not about the food that you've got on your plate, it's about the food that still up at the buffet...and some other motherfucker is going to eat it if you don't hurry. Ask yourself what a dog would do, and do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shirley Crabtree posted:

gently caress right off if you think im touching the salad bar

salad bars were suprisingly often always the grodiest part of my dining commons and i wouldnt be surprised if it was like one of the biggest vectors for diseases

• Locked thread