Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Also correction: Helcks popularity started from the chat thread.

Get your facts straight op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted it first.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Helck's combination of comedy and daily living and thrilling action and high tension drama is pretty novel and cool. Even though it wears its inspirations on its sleeves its a work that defies easy classification because it goes so many places over the short run we've seen so far. A good all round adventure epic that makes you laugh and feel and lots of other good stuff.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Sharkopath posted:

I'm going to suplex the next person who says it doesn't do anything new or interesting.
the cave scene in chapter 50 rips off jesus rising on the third day

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

The story isn't as simple as the king being evil and starting all this. I'm not sure the king is even real. There are a ton of plot hooks floating around.

The king is Snoke.

e: RIP Cless. Will he be reanimate-able by the sage's magic, I wonder?

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Just so we're clear here, Sharky's absolutely correct when he says saying Helck does nothing new or interesting is a pretty dumb statement. Try to do that less.

Originality is not a prerequisite of quality - though I'd argue Helck has both - so throwing that line out there is effectively a conversation nonstarter.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Anatharon posted:

The king is Snoke.

e: RIP Cless. Will he be reanimate-able by the sage's magic, I wonder?

p sure hero killer does heros in permanently

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

HELCK 

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

HELCK (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Just read the latest chapters this morning and :negative:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Just marathoned all of HELCK last night and :negative:.

I want the current Helck to be air dropped right into the capital and to just start wrecking poo poo, Hulk style. I liked pretty much all the little gags too, and I really liked the hot-blooded Souma wannabe shonen cook.

I think that Vamirio/Anne's opinion towards Helck is going to change pretty drastically from here on out too. I also actually completely expect the story to end with a peace between demons and humans, with Helck as the demon king and Azudora as the human king as a symbol of the peace. Man humans in this story are mostly horrible though, good grief.

NowonSA fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jan 15, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Sharkopath posted:

thank you

free sharky

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Okay I'm sorry I said Helck wasn't original, I just really like Helck and struggle for the words

That said I only realized yesterday that Helck and Cless together are Heracles

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I bet Anne is going to be on board with destroying all or at least most humans after this story time.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

so that took a little while but it sure did got from whatever to holy drat didn't it?

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

chumbler posted:

I bet Anne is going to be on board with destroying all or at least most humans after this story time.

She was on board with it the entire time. She questioned Helck's motives. Her own were always the same after the Demon King was killed. Only the root guy (that is still alive) really strives for peace so far if I remember things correctly.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Sharkopath posted:

Please amend the OP.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
OP has been fixed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

HELCK (ಥ﹏ಥ)

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

me before the HELCK's past arc:

HELCK HELCK HELCK HELCK
                     /

me after:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Helck's reasonably popular even outside SA/4chan. It's currently at second place in Ura Sunday's popularity poll ranking.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Helck's reasonably popular even outside SA/4chan. It's currently at second place in Ura Sunday's popularity poll ranking.

It should be above the manga with the thick white girl.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

whats 1

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

the hero is dead

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/yuusha-ga-shinda-murabito-no-ore-ga-hotta-otoshiana-ni-yuusha-ga-ochita-kekka-r14527

Touka Scott a small Radish Farmer in the southern Town of Cheza is prepared for sudden Monster Attacks. He built himself a hidden Pit-trap with Bamboo spikes, to lure unsuspecting Monsters in if they ever try to Attack the Village. Suddenly a Monster attacks. Touka tries to lure it into the Trap with freshly roasted Bacon, but the Monster dislikes this type of Meat. Thankfully the Hero arrives to save the Village from the Monster in the nick of Time. The hungry Hero tries to grab a bite of Bacon after vanquishing the Monster, only to stumble into Touka's Pit-trap and die.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it looks stupid

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Davincie posted:

it looks stupid

It is p stupid

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Davincie posted:

it looks stupid

:smug: this is chapter 1 page 7

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I like it but it's nowhere near Helck's level.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

:smug: this is chapter 1 page 7

I see why its #1

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I enjoy HELCK

I'm not totally clear based upon the recent chapters why his other buddies are still around and now 100% loyal to the king. Is it because some exceptional people are able to resist all of the physical transformation stuff, yet are still influenced to obey the king?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I enjoy HELCK

I'm not totally clear based upon the recent chapters why his other buddies are still around and now 100% loyal to the king. Is it because some exceptional people are able to resist all of the physical transformation stuff, yet are still influenced to obey the king?

Those with "high compatibility" get to keep their form and awareness, but are still slaves to the king

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

CVE posted:

She was on board with it the entire time. She questioned Helck's motives. Her own were always the same after the Demon King was killed. Only the root guy (that is still alive) really strives for peace so far if I remember things correctly.

She didn't really want to kill all humans, it is just that the only contact the demons have had with humans at all has been heroes coming in to make a big mess. Then shortly after just that happened, here was a hero that was stronger than her who claimed to want to get along. Vamirio's motivations have been completely transparent this whole time.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Helck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1gVwUDz0Ts

It's gonna end with everyone dead.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Oh boy. Helck is good. At first I was kinda sceptical that it got more serious over time, but

:qq:

Worth it.

drat, I hope we get some straight-up gag chapters like the first few chapters for a while, 'cause I sure as hell need the levity

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's gonna end with everyone dead.
No.

I believe in Helck.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Helck is going to save his friends and marry Alicia, and Anne and Piuy will cry at the wedding.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

chumbler posted:

Helck is going to save his friends and marry Alicia, and Anne and Piuy will cry at the wedding.

Hyura and Edil will also get married

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

:rip: humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

No.

I believe in Helck.

• Locked thread