Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
After my widow maker heart attack two years ago ,I have this very new fear of dying. when my heart stopped I saw no bright light. I saw pure black like a millions pillows put over my face. for some reason now I'm afraid to not wake up and not exist so drink two strong drinks of whiskey and 7up to relax myself for sleep. Any other goons have fears of sleeping? am I just an alcoholic? Just the thought of just not existing forever is frightening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

cut off your eyelids

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0LiYT1tXhA

:knife:

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

cut off your eyelids

:confused:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
OP dying in your sleep is a blessing, not a curse. It's the best possible way to leave this cursed world short of assisted suicide. There's so many worse ways to die, so I'd look at it as a positive and not a negative. Hope that helps!

e: PS liver failure is a much more painful way to die, so keep that in mind between whiskey shots.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 15, 2016

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I used to get really hosed up and get really pissed off when i woke up alive. Was pretty depressed then looking back

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Tony Homo posted:

After my widow maker heart attack two years ago ,I have this very new fear of dying. when my heart stopped I saw no bright light. I saw pure black like a millions pillows put over my face. for some reason now I'm afraid to not wake up and not exist so drink two strong drinks of whiskey and 7up to relax myself for sleep. Any other goons have fears of sleeping? am I just an alcoholic? Just the thought of just not existing forever is frightening.

good

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

you'll never sleep again, therefore you cannot die in your sleep

trust me i'm a person on the internet

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

OP dying in your sleep is a blessing, not a curse. It's the best possible way to leave this cursed world short of assisted suicide. There's so many worse ways to die, so I'd look at it as a positive and not a negative. Hope that helps!

e: PS liver failure is a much more painful way to die, so kept that in mind between whiskey shots.

It does help

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Tony Homo, I am sorry I made light of your situation. Don't worry. Really. Sleep is the best!

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Tony Homo posted:

my widow maker heart attack

dream on op

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

im gaye posted:

dream on op

I've thought many times that I'm in a coma and not really awake. Kinda like a twilight zone episode

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
I will try to sleep now. I will reply tomorrow unless I'm dead :saddowns:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Tony Homo posted:

I've thought many times that I'm in a coma and not really awake. Kinda like a twilight zone episode

posting on sa in perpetuity while machines regulate your excretions is actually heaven

there is nothing left to fear

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Tony Homo posted:

Write your dreams down.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Tony Homo posted:

ever hear someone call your name, perhaps someone you know well, despite them not being anywhere near you?

that's them trying to wake you out of your coma

sweet dreams, OP! :)

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot
There was a few times I thought something and it happened. Like my mind created the outcome. I saw a movie and told my wife "the next scene will show a room with Christmas lights and I loving swear it was the next scene. I will now think Lowtax will respond to this thread to prove I'm dead or in a coma.

Tony Homo
Oct 30, 2014

by zen death robot

symbolic posted:

ever hear someone call your name, perhaps someone you know well, despite them not being anywhere near you?

that's them trying to wake you out of your coma

sweet dreams, OP! :)

:(

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Tony Homo posted:

I think you need :therapy:

Cause drinking isn't gonna help your ticket in the long run.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

I pray for a quick and silent death and dream about dying every night

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Bell watched him. The old man stubbed out his cigarette in the lid.
Bell tried to think about his life. Then he tried not to.

You aint turned infidel have you Uncle Ellis?

No. No. Nothin like that.

Do you think God know's what's happenin?

I expect he does.

You think he can stop it?

No. I dont.

They sat quietly at the table. After a while the old man said: She mentioned there was a lot of old pictures and family stuff.
What to do about that. There aint nothin to do about it I dont reckon. Is there?

No. I dont reckon there is.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
I'm afraid you won't die i your sleep too Tony Homo

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
One, two, Freddy's coming for you.

Three, four, Better lock your door

Five, six, grab a crucifix.

Seven, eight, Gonna stay up late.

Nine, ten, Never sleep again....

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
On the bright side, once u are dead u aren't going to care about any if this poo poo.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
I used to feel that way.

Now I welcome it

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's the best possible way to leave this cursed world short of assisted suicide.

Hypoxia would like a word with you. Not only will you not even know you're dying, you'll be having a blast because it basically makes you drunk.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
wank all night op; and post in gbs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Embrace Life.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Isaac posted:

I used to get really hosed up and get really pissed off when i woke up alive. Was pretty depressed then looking back

tbf this is probably most people in their early 20s.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Chinatown posted:

Embrace Life.

I am glad this image is getting such play.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
One day you're gonna lay your head on the pillow and drift off to sleep while pondering all the possibilities that tomorrow promises. But tomorrow will never come, and sleeping through your own death you'll not even have that precious moment to reflect on the beauty of the last sunset you'll ever know, or the chance to bid a silent farewell to lost loves. The biggest moment of your life will be lost to you, and you will never have known it.

Anyway, try a warm glass of milk. It always helps me.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
i don't want to die because i don't believe in god but i think there might be a devil

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Soho Joe posted:

i don't want to die because i don't believe in god but i think there might be a devil

Well, at least you won't be surprised.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
OP, if you died in your sleep, how would you know?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
it sounds like youre concerned about death.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Chinatown posted:

Embrace Life.

:agreed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ki-fATpXa00

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Well *scratches chin wisely*, seems to me son that you've got this rear end backwards. I ain't no big city doctor or nothin but if I were in your shoes I'd be scared of having an agonizing fatal heart attack while I was awake.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Do like the s.koreans and play starcraft in an internet café and die from exhaustion instead, op.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

e: PS liver failure is a much more painful way to die, so keep that in mind between whiskey shots.

You know when something happens while you are sleeping like your nose gets stuffed up and you start having a nightmare about suffocating that seems to go on forever, but then you wake up and the actual incident or loud noise or alarm clock or whatever that caused you to have that nightmare probably only happened for a couple seconds? I imagine dying in your sleep is like that except you die for real at the end.

To the OP, maybe listen to some audiobooks or tv or something when you go to bed and just go unconscious to that?

• Locked thread