Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I cleaned out my car a couple months ago and found an engraved zippo that was an anniversary gift from an ex girlfriend.

It still has never been used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Zippo carriers see a smoker and sprint to light their cigarette wuth a zippo eveb thiugh they dont smoke

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If the world was gonna end tommorow id take 20 bics instead of a zippo in my Bug Out bag

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

roughly what mine looks like, except mine also has my regiment's designation

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
mange mite did you get your custom zippo yet

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

what if u carry it in ur bumbum

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

THE DOG HOUSE posted:

.......... who needs this video to exist

thank you to PatricksTechReviews™ for this excellent review of a lighter

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Isaac posted:

Zippos say to me "dont smoke but carry a lighter around for some reason??"

in iceland its not uncommon not to carry a lighter so you have an excuse to start a conversation with someone by asking for a light though sometimes this backfires when nobody can find anyone who actually has a lighter on them

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Used one, they run out of fuel instantly due to evaporation.

One guy at the office bought one of those refill tanks for the butant zippos and left it when he went back to India. Pretty sure it was a super fire hazard to leave at the office.

The zippo tricks take alot of practice and if you gently caress them up in public it makes you look like a super loser.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
Regular Zippos kind of suck tbh. Dirty, smelly and unreliable(like your mom). A butane insert probably makes them usable though.

I'd rather just buy a bic every so often.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Bics run for lomger than 99pc of zippos as well. Zippo owners have to spend a great deal of time showing others their zippo and it depletes the fuel much quicker.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

why would you buy a zippo when you can make your own at home with simple ingredients from the store?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Social Media posted:

why would you buy a zippo when you can make your own at home with simple ingredients from the store?

:madmax:

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty soon the hipsters will abandon their zippos for a pocket knife and piece of flint, and it will be cool to have one again.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Turns out it wasn't a zippo in my bumbum but actually a dick

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ChrisHansen posted:

Pretty soon the hipsters will abandon their zippos for a pocket knife and piece of flint, and it will be cool to have one again.

Edc nerds are already doing this i think

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

roughly what mine looks like, except mine also has my regiment's designation

i think being in the military and also having a zippo with your regiment designation makes you king of the gays

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
not smoking owns, lmao :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Guys I know people are skeptical but Zippos are GREAT! I don't even smoke and I think they're fantastic and reviews for them are AWESOME.

Seriously don't be bitches check out how rad Zippos are:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUOD8SaNblE&feature=youtu.be&t=290

We need more reviews!

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

lol if you are still smoking analogues in 2016

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

ChrisHansen posted:

i have this attached to the zipper of my parka because i am a mega loser

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

A misanthrope posted:

i have this attached to the zipper of my parka because i am a mega loser

Just go for the solid block of magnesium with the striker. Much cooler to carry a big wad of potentially flammable metal in your pocket.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

genesplicer posted:

Just go for the solid block of magnesium with the striker. Much cooler to carry a big wad of potentially flammable metal in your pocket.

We used to steal huge wads of magnesium in Chemistry class and go and light it on the school playing fields.

That was just how we rolled in 1995.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Robo Reagan posted:

i think being in the military and also having a zippo with your regiment designation makes you king of the gays

correct. kneel before your king.

• Locked thread