Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

PCOS Bill posted:

Guns, when used incorrectly or maliciously, are very dangerous, but their utility outweighs the risks of owning them for the average population.

Actually they have virtually zero utility, and in fact are worse than nothing at all on the statistical average. Pretty severe error you made here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

semper wifi
Oct 31, 2007
im gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sancho
Jul 18, 2003

They have utility of making great threads possible

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Tezzor posted:

Actually they have virtually zero utility, and in fact are worse than nothing at all on the statistical average. Pretty severe error you made here.

Guns have utility in killing animals for food, killing animals for sport, killing other people, killself, deterring people, blowing off steam at the shooting range.

Words have Meanings. We agree on the Meanings of Words, so that when we use Are Words they can convey meaning.

'Utility' is one of those Words with Meanings. Perhaps you could try again, because you Got It Wrong here.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Guns have the utility of making tezzor really foot-stampingly angry, which outweighs all possible negative impacts.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
gun gay, so what

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

LeJackal posted:

I'm sure you've gone over this with your therapist, but anime is a genre of fiction.

Um, afaik it's troika who turned into a gun nut because he watched an anime with cool guns in it

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

TheImmigrant posted:

Guns have utility in killing animals for food, killing animals for sport, killing other people, killself, deterring people, blowing off steam at the shooting range.

Words have Meanings. We agree on the Meanings of Words, so that when we use Are Words they can convey meaning.

'Utility' is one of those Words with Meanings. Perhaps you could try again, because you Got It Wrong here.

None of these things are necessary and all can be achieved by other means at vastly lower cost.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Tezzor posted:

None of these things are necessary and all can be achieved by other means at vastly lower cost.

So you can kill other people at a vastly lower cost?
:jeb: tell me more

edit: :hitler: tell me more

Cartouche fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 16, 2016

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Tezzor posted:

You aren't interested in debate as much as standing around yelling and seeing how many people you can come stare at you.

You're mentally ill at best, retarded at worst and probably should not be allowed access to the Internet. It really seems to be unhealthy for you. You don't seem to be connected to reality.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx
If you feel the need to open carry an AR-15 and three backup pistols at the grocery store you are probably a pussy bitch human being.

That is all.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I think riling up Tezzor is a fine reason to maximize gun ownership.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Tezzor posted:

Oh yeah I remember this, you wanted to ban hunting and only let government officials cull deer :lol:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I think it was tezzor anyway, sometimes I get the gun pouters mixed up

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I think I'd be down for allowing the government to do the hunting as long as it's all done by drones and cruise missiles.

Gotta keep in practice for the next war!

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

SedanChair posted:

Oh yeah I remember this, you wanted to ban hunting and only let government officials cull deer :lol:

I don't necessarily want to ban hunting, but issuing licenses to beer-drunk randos is not the only conceivable mechanism of animal population control.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Panzeh posted:

I think riling up Tezzor is a fine reason to maximize gun ownership.

Did you ever notice how gun fanboys, who can't read about a proposed ban on assault weapons without declaring it The End of Firearms In America :( and threatening violent insurrection, are always the ones accusing others of being unreasonable and emotional

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Tezzor posted:

I don't necessarily want to ban hunting, but my political enemies often enjoy it so better just go ahead and ban it anyways

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Tezzor posted:

assault weapons .......
...........unreasonable and emotional

:ironicat:

Tezzor: Putting the emote in emotional, one post at a time

Mofabio
May 15, 2003
(y - mx)*(1/(inf))*(PV/RT)*(2.718)*(V/I)

SedanChair posted:

In addition,

most people wouldn't be able to hit this guy with a gun no matter how long they took

Yah because most people aren't killers

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

This is always a weird criticism. I didn't pick my political enemies at random. That restricting guns would annoy and inconvenience them is a necessary fact, and not a negative.

Red Ryder
Apr 20, 2006

oh dang
I think the OP makes a good point. has anybody made a sensible counterpoint?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

various cheeses posted:

Were you planning this thread the entire time you were probated? I imagine it would be like not making GBS threads for a month. Did you have to offload your bad opinions on other websites to survive?

Is it actually a bad opinion that guns are more effective weapons than knives? I mean maybe you're a crazy anime character who can deflect bullets with knives and throw ten knives at once and hit ten different people right in their eyes but most people aren't violent anime characters and find it much easier to use a gun than a knife if they want to harm a person.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

eSports Chaebol posted:

Is it actually a bad opinion that guns are more effective weapons than knives?

Its a simple opinion devoid of nuance or thought, perfectly fitting to a child and their level of argument mid-tantrum.

So its no surprise that Tezzor holds to it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I thought we were really on the verge of a breakthrough here. Oh well guess we'll have to wait 5 hours.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

LeJackal posted:

Its a simple opinion devoid of nuance or thought, perfectly fitting to a child and their level of argument mid-tantrum.

So its no surprise that Tezzor holds to it.

It's actually wrong, because I could kill over 50,000 gun owners with my sword, and not take a scratch.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

Effectronica posted:

It's actually wrong, because I could kill over 50,000 gun owners with my sword, and not take a scratch.

A thousand rounds weigh about 28 pounds. Overgenerously assuming that you are a perfect shot, you'd be carrying 1400 pounds with those 50,000 rounds. Perhaps ungenerously, I see you as a weedy and hyperspastic geekshit lab rat, and seriously doubt you could lug those 1400 pounds around with you.

Go on, do the FIERCE.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TheImmigrant posted:

A thousand rounds weigh about 28 pounds. Overgenerously assuming that you are a perfect shot, you'd be carrying 1400 pounds with those 50,000 rounds. Perhaps ungenerously, I see you as a weedy and hyperspastic geekshit lab rat, and seriously doubt you could lug those 1400 pounds around with you.

Go on, do the FIERCE.

I don't think you read that right. He's not the one carrying the ammo in his scenario.

TheImmigrant
Jan 18, 2011

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't think you read that right. He's not the one carrying the ammo in his scenario.

Whoosh.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Mofabio posted:

Yah because most people aren't killers

That's an excellent point :smugdog::hf::smugdog:

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

PCOS Bill posted:

Not on the outside

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

TheImmigrant posted:

Go on, do the FIERCE.

I guess that one of those Laotian child prostitutes was carrying STDs from a previous American sex tourist and it's gotten to your brain. It's a sad thing to watch the demise of a mediocre mind.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

If tezzor put a gun to his head this thread would never have happen.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Actually Japanese swords with their composite construction technically have inferior metallurgy to European swords made of spring-tempered monosteel :spergin::spergin::spergin:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I hope this thread gets moved to E/N, it's where it really belongs imo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

-Troika- posted:

I hope this thread gets moved to E/N, it's where it really belongs imo.

So you can get the help you desperately need?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

SedanChair posted:

Actually Japanese swords with their composite construction technically have inferior metallurgy to European swords made of spring-tempered monosteel :spergin::spergin::spergin:

Imagine if a trained rodolero faced down the entire NRA...

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

SedanChair posted:

Correct. The composite construction demanded more experienced swordsmiths, greater production time, and still had less strength than a European sword. It was all an attempt to compensate for Japan's subpar ore quality and availability. Also samuraboos on foot would get trampled by a heavy cav charge, the crown jewel of European military might for centuries. Check and mate Japanophiles. :smug:

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Yeah the 21 foot rule obviously becomes more immediate in the context of winged hussars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
Knife pros:

-unlimited ammo
-instant TKO from behind, two hits from front
-lunge attack to access secret areas
-cut meat, vegetables, etc.
-stealth

• Locked thread