Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

SedanChair posted:

oh no I'm whiiiiiiite

You have my condolences. Nobody deserves that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Who What Now posted:

"I put my children in reckless danger all the time" is a really bad argument to convince anyone you're a good parent.
You have an interesting definition of reckless danger. Tell me more.

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

Who What Now posted:

^^^^^
No you aren't

"I put my children in reckless danger all the time" is a really bad argument to convince anyone you're a good parent.

I'm sad for your kids. I'm sure a life of sitting in front of the TV under strict supervision is very fulfilling for them and you both.

Now let me find the pic of my 12 year old daughter firing the mosin at the range

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

Pauline Kael posted:

I'm sad for your kids. I'm sure a life of sitting in front of the TV under strict supervision is very fulfilling for them and you both.
Now now, don't be dramatic. They also play in a no-score soccer league where everyone gets the same trophy.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

I'm okay with that for first season farm league. After that, play the drat game.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Pauline Kael posted:

Now let me find the pic of my 12 year old daughter firing the mosin at the range

Please don't post your underage children on the internet.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

Forgot to mention I was carrying a Glock model 27 while skiing, today. :feelsgood:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Butch Cassidy posted:

Forgot to mention I was carrying a Glock model 27 while skiing, today. :feelsgood:

Ooh, that could really gently caress up your hip in a fall. I've been storing my holstered Glock in my pannier when I ride my motorcycle and just putting it back on when I get to my destination.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Butch Cassidy posted:

gently caress yetis, am I right?

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

why would you carry a handgun while skiing? that just seems like a good way to start an avalanche.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
What's the anime avatar for, Tezzor? I don't see it in the rap sheet.

On topic: knives can be surprisingly lethal if punctured in the right spot.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

MasterFugu posted:

why would you carry a handgun while skiing? that just seems like a good way to start an avalanche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaEU_A405zA

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG

MasterFugu posted:

why would you carry a handgun while skiing? that just seems like a good way to start an avalanche. You're not going to run into any brown people.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

suppressors on the rifles, groomed slope with no risky areas(oh and it's a movie). not really a good point you're making.

:boom:

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

beefnoodle posted:

You're not going to run into any brown people.
Be honest, how many times have you cum thinking about a bubba-looking dude shooting a minority? Because it comes up a LOT in these threads.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Me? Never. I post in TFR more than D&D. But it was too good to pass up.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

stealie72 posted:

Be honest, how many times have you cum thinking about a bubba-looking dude shooting a minority? Because it comes up a LOT in these threads.
:thejoke:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

lol Kleck.

Hey, let's call people up and ask them how they protect themselves, there's no way a political bias might infiltrate my study!

"Wow, guns stop more crimes every month than happen every month, that's a believable result."

And the sad thing is, before that study Kleck was a sane criminologist. Now his whole career is built around telling gun nuts how right they are, because they took that lovely study and made him a hero.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

PCOS Bill posted:

Ooh, that could really gently caress up your hip in a fall. I've been storing my holstered Glock in my pannier when I ride my motorcycle and just putting it back on when I get to my destination.

I appendix carry and it works out fine.

MasterFugu posted:

Would you rather I leave my carry gun unattended in a parking lot?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

ikanreed posted:

lol Kleck.

Hey, let's call people up and ask them how they protect themselves, there's no way a political bias might infiltrate my study!

"Wow, guns stop more crimes every month than happen every month, that's a believable result."

And the sad thing is, before that study Kleck was a sane criminologist. Now his whole career is built around telling gun nuts how right they are, because they took that lovely study and made him a hero.
No idea about the rest of his work, but that table makes sense anyways. Seems way more probable you're going to get hosed up trying to fight off an attacker with a knife or by yelling at them or whatever else than with a gun.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Butch Cassidy posted:

I appendix carry and it works out fine.

Would you rather I leave my carry gun unattended in a parking lot?
if an alternative is drowning under tons of snow, probably yah.

Ohio State BOOniversity
Mar 3, 2008

MasterFugu posted:

Alternatively, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMMp_llzBT4

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
"Cute kids. Sure would be a shame if they died violently as a karmic punishment for political views with which I disagree."

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

MasterFugu posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3L20ovQCIic

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

You don't know what it's like to live in perpetual fear of the non-whites, man. Otherwise you'd be strapped at all times, too.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Rahu posted:

I would be alright with banning guns, provided cops gave up their guns first to demonstrate for everyone that guns aren't necessary for self-defense. With the cops disarmed we could then look at applying that rule to everyone else :)

Actually, recorded history shows this proceeds in the opposite order, OP.

Tezzor
Jul 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

What's the anime avatar for, Tezzor? I don't see it in the rap sheet.

On topic: knives can be surprisingly lethal if punctured in the right spot.

Mocking anime posters. Knives certainly can be very deadly, however, in reality, they are significantly less deadly than firearms.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

walgreenslatino posted:

"Cute kids. Sure would be a shame if they died violently as a karmic punishment for political views with which I disagree."
"Funny joke. sure would be a shame if I missed it completely...oh wait"

Pauline Kael
Oct 9, 2012

by Shine

MasterFugu posted:

Goon displays understanding of physical world based on movies, see also silencers, karate, cars exploding, and food poisoning

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Who What Now posted:

You don't know what it's like to live in perpetual fear of the non-whites, man. Otherwise you'd be strapped at all times, too.

Oh I am. :getin:

I just don't ski.

Butch Cassidy
Jul 28, 2010

beefnoodle posted:

I just don't ski.

I thought that was grounds for deportation in Colorado?

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Butch Cassidy posted:

I thought that was grounds for deportation in Colorado?

Hence the relo to WA.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Tezzor posted:

Yeah, seriously. There are places in the world where only SWAT officers cary firearms. Those are exclusively the same places that first instituted real gun control.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

I dunno about this, I've cut myself with a knife way more times than I've cut myself with a gun

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Good thing some of the civilized unarmed countries have started to focus on knives now. They've got your back.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ikanreed posted:

Yeah, seriously. There are places in the world where only SWAT officers cary firearms. Those are exclusively the same places that first instituted real gun control.

And nobody likes living there or people from there. They have no songs or plays about "coming to not-America".

Makes u think

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

LingcodKilla posted:

And nobody likes living there or people from there. They have no songs or plays about "coming to not-America".

Makes u think

repulican't detected

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

Tezzor posted:

But why do cops need guns? I've been informed by you a few times that guns are useless for self defense.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

Pauline Kael posted:

Goon displays understanding of physical world based on movies, see also silencers, karate, cars exploding, and food poisoning
you must have missed the part where I pointed out how it was a movie. do try to read posts before commenting on them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I like how the first stop of like 99% of antigun people ITT is whining "but you're RACIIIIIIST" in a really high pitched shrill tone.

• Locked thread