Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Is there a definitive list of board gamees with iOs/Android cross play somewhere? I`m looking for something to play with friends and family across platforms.

patchworks looks cool and has it but what else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
I dunno about definitive lists, but Galaxy Trucker definitely is cross-compatible with iOS/Android. I'm not sure about Ticket to Ride being on Android, pretty sure it is, but I've definitely played on my iPad with people on PCs.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Now I've played Patchwork and Galaxy Trucker crossplay and they're both Great. Had Not played Patchwork before and im Kind of in Love with how loving elegant the game is.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just got a iPhone 6s to replace my iPod touch 4th gen obviously I'm super behind the times for games. Any good boardgames released since the OP was updated last?

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Lots of boardgame and boardgame-adjacent apps currently on sale!

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
The Ascension DLC never goes on sale anymore. :(

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Rhaegar posted:

The Ascension DLC never goes on sale anymore. :(

I think Playdek got themselves in a bit of financial trouble with their idea to make a Kickstarter tactics game.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/2/8/10937186/development-has-stopped-on-unsung-story-studio-tells-kickstarter-donors

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Well this could be interesting…

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
Is that the third developer now? What a shitshow.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Gonna be great if no one ever supersedes Isotropic, which was put together by one fan as a hobby.

Quickpull
Mar 1, 2003

We're all mad here.
Is John Welch making fun of me?

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Which board game apps allow for multiplayer over the internet? I'd love to play my friends some games, but most of them seem to only allow for like pass and play stuff. This makes sense, as you don't have to host servers or poo poo for pass and play, but it is disheartening because I'd love to play ReallyBadChess or such with friends remotely.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

jeeves posted:

Which board game apps allow for multiplayer over the internet? I'd love to play my friends some games, but most of them seem to only allow for like pass and play stuff. This makes sense, as you don't have to host servers or poo poo for pass and play, but it is disheartening because I'd love to play ReallyBadChess or such with friends remotely.

In addition to everything in the OP like Carc and all, Splendor was recently updated to add proper online.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

jeeves posted:

Ticket to Ride, Patchwork, Agricola, Lords of Waterdeep, Twilight Struggle all got online Multiplayer.

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009
Galaxy Trucker is good for realtime online Multi

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Thanks guys, those replies were exactly what I was looking for.

I just got real sad when I realized something dumb but fun like ReallyBadChess didn't have it, and I started to realize a lot of thing I thought had it didn't, due to the fact it is obviously much harder to implement than pass and play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So should i bother getting Twilight Struggle from the App Store at this point in time? All the reviews on there talk about how the new update/expansion thing kinda ruined playing the game solo?

• Locked thread