Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

a starwar betamax posted:

well enjoy it while you can because i'm working on changing it as we speak................

i really want to know which of the anime av posters wept 40 quarter shaped tears over their probe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

methylcarbinol
Jan 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Review more bathrooms and stop scheming about some pretend joke forum. Remember what u are good at, sublimely critiquing the confines of a McDonald's stall

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Good grief this is a fiasco

It's GBS, duh.

Huge Lady Pleaser
Jun 17, 2005

hello how r u doing im just looking for ppl 2 chill wit relax go out n have funn if ur looking for da same thing hit me up
Nap Ghost
i tried to vote for "a starwar betabitch" but i couldn't find it in the poll please fix this OP

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Hug Lad Please

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

i tried to vote for "a starwar betabitch" but i couldn't find it in the poll please fix this OP

av buyer spotted

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

the no franco zone

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Huge Lady Pleaser posted:

:cripes:

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
Uhh, they should make me a mod, because of equality and neurodiversity

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
to secure a glorious future for our forums we must exterminate the animes

i wrote down my whole plan when i was in jail. here have a copy

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Ok we're getting this sorted out.....weve got radium on skype!

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Ok we're getting this sorted out.....weve got radium on skype!

What's he wearing?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

What's he wearing?

A pained expression! just kidding...

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i am a radium rereg

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Blue Raider posted:

i am a radium rereg

Mods? MODS!

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

VendaGoat posted:

Mods? MODS!

Calling for mods in the mod only thread, come on dude

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Calling for mods in the mod only thread, come on dude

It's not like they actually do anyth....

[USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST]

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Would somebody mind buying my old avatar back? I am a little strapped for cash right now.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Would somebody mind buying my old avatar back? I am a little strapped for cash right now.

you can take out a loan from me

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Once an anime, always an anime.

I'm sorry. But there's nothing we can do.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
You can't build walls in the cloud, and I just walked in on my parents retiree swingers night.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Hello, I am a mod. Of the dumpster.

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax
Like, by "good" he just means more photoshop threads, right?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Maoist Pussy posted:

Photoshop what do do with a person wearing lingerie. - A Goon thread

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Maoist Pussy posted:

No there are lots of kinds of good threads. But yeah, bad threads should be gassed. "BUT WHY??" You ask... well, not just to keep Gibbs clutter-free, but also to let people know what kind of thread we're looking for.

Here's the kind of stuff I've been gassing:

Threads where the OP is just a couple of words or a single sentence. When there seems to be no intention to start an interesting discussion or to be anything beyond a one shot "joke". Usually these are easy to spot because they have something to do with farts, poo poo, buttholes, peepee, poopoo, cucking, dicks, etc.

Threads where the OP is just "haha look at this youtube video" or "haha look at this picture" usually everyone has already seen the video or picture in question when their grandma liked it on facebook so its kinda redundant to have it here.

Neato threads with nekkid babes for jerkin' and tuggin' with your pals at work.

Mean spirited, uncreative attacks on other GBS posters. Usually this consists of a screen cap of a forum post where the OP totally OWNED some other person.

Here is stuff I HAVE NOT been gassing:

Threads where people are legitimately wanting to discuss things like: gamer gate, doobies, fat people, politics, cop violence, twitter, whatever.

Anything that seems to be fostering legitimate, or humorous discussion, while abiding by the handful of rules we have round here.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Irrational Bees posted:

Uhh, they should make me a mod, because of equality and neurodiversity

They should make you a mod because you're random as gently caress and your randomness is funny.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

No there are lots of kinds of good threads. But yeah, bad threads should be gassed. "BUT WHY??" You ask... well, not just to keep Gibbs clutter-free, but also to let people know what kind of thread we're looking for.

Threads where the OP is just a couple of words or a single sentence. When there seems to be no intention to start an interesting discussion or to be anything beyond a one shot "joke". Usually these are easy to spot because they have something to do with farts, poo poo, buttholes, peepee, poopoo, cucking, dicks, etc.

Threads where the OP is just "haha look at this youtube video" or "haha look at this picture" usually everyone has already seen the video or picture in question when their grandma liked it on facebook so its kinda redundant to have it here.

Mean spirited, uncreative attacks on other GBS posters. Usually this consists of a screen cap of a forum post where the OP totally OWNED some other person.

Threads where people are legitimately wanting to discuss things like: gamer gate, doobies, fat people, politics, cop violence, twitter, whatever.

Anything that seems to be fostering legitimate, or humorous discussion, while abiding by the handful of rules we have round here.

nope sorry this is very reasonable but its not good enough because MODS MODS ARE BAD ARGHHGhfHhgghhg

-- signed, the average rabid goon

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

im ralp

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Me too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

atta boy

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

thanks friend

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Except... I can't help but feel that this is the part of the movie where i catch a glance of my reflection in the mirror and it's your face staring back at me and I scream in rage and smash my fist into the glass and then I'm just left gazing into my own shattered visage.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's more like when Luke Skywalker was training, went into that cave, fought Vader, and when the mask blew up it was Luke's face under the helmet.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I'm ralpacus

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Spanish Manlove posted:

It's more like when Luke Skywalker was training, went into that cave, fought Vader, and when the mask blew up it was Luke's face under the helmet.

Good grief spoilers!!!

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

Hey mods! No complaints on my end so far. You're all doing a great job for the forums and I appreciate the hard work, patience and long hours you're putting in for a better Something Awful.

I do wish there were more "Easter Eggs" hidden throughout this site though. It'd be nice to see a little greeting from the mods hidden in a profile link, or maybe there could be each day a random person's avatar could change to a cryptic symbol that I could decipher, leading to an even more obscure clue that takes you off site via yospos and into the real world and beyond

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

big shags posted:

Hey mods! No complaints on my end so far. You're all doing a great job for the forums and I appreciate the hard work, patience and long hours you're putting in for a better Something Awful.

I do wish there were more "Easter Eggs" hidden throughout this site though. It'd be nice to see a little greeting from the mods hidden in a profile link, or maybe there could be each day a random person's avatar could change to a cryptic symbol that I could decipher, leading to an even more obscure clue that takes you off site via yospos and into the real world and beyond

That sounds like a good idea........

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Mosarts Ghost!

Don't click the pi sy@%@%#%£¥

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Except... I can't help but feel that this is the part of the movie where i catch a glance of my reflection in the mirror and it's your face staring back at me and I scream in rage and smash my fist into the glass and then I'm just left gazing into my own shattered visage.

2spooky4me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

So I finally got stumped at the creepy page with scrolling Japanese names, did a few googles and discovered it's the entire team that worked on the original GB pokemon games. I'm not sure what to do now, I've even tried turning my screen upside down under the blacklight like on that horoscope webm. Any tips?

EDIT: guys play that horse midi backwards. it's got the code for this challenge

DOUBLE EDIT:

:stonk:

:aatrek:

several friends fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jan 19, 2016

• Locked thread