Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

Dr Cheeto posted:

Hello fellow mods, what crimes have you been committing recently?

ive been making posts that arent funny in gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Testing............................................ . that last point is for demigods.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
gnarly hotep was by far one of the worst mods.

also another fuckign terrible mod: a Senior Woodchuck

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
gnarly was a good man

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i am a moderator on a small but populated ventrilo channel

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
gnarly was never as bad as franco or abe but god drat was it fun to make fun of him lol

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
the worst mod was not any of the above but instead was brother jonathan from PYF who once probated me for posting a meme outside of the meme quarantine thread it was totally like facism man

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Wow, Ralp voted 40 times. What a card.

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The pizza prank was good and the gbs mods are great. imho

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Ralp posted:

The pizza prank was good and the gbs mods are great. imho

Thanks it was my idea. :)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

gently caress da Mods posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

a starwar betamax posted:

gnarly was a good man

I like gnarly. He's A-OK.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
I am angry.
ANGRY ABOUT MODS

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Moderation in moderation, imo

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
ive always found the best mods are the ones you dont notice. kind of like an offensive lineman in american rules "football". you dont notice them until they gently caress it up and get your quarterback concussed and then the backup comes in and he loving sucks because he was drunk all week and didnt give a poo poo. now its his time to shine and he is hosed too. so he throws a pass off someones head and gets a pick 6 and your team just lost the loving superboal. now you have to wait like 2 weeks for the season to start again so you get into heroin and start hanging around with hookers and charlie sheen and OF COURSE you contract the deadly AIDS virus. great. no insurance, you are kicked out of your apartment because you kept setting the carpet on fire because you kept falling asleep with cigarettes in your mouth and all of the oily rags. so now your on the street. you accept your fate and walk in front of a garbage truck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Moderation in moderation, imo

exactly

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

ive always found the best mods are the ones you dont notice. kind of like an offensive lineman in american rules "football". you dont notice them until they gently caress it up and get your quarterback concussed and then the backup comes in and he loving sucks because he was drunk all week and didnt give a poo poo. now its his time to shine and he is hosed too. so he throws a pass off someones head and gets a pick 6 and your team just lost the loving superboal. now you have to wait like 2 weeks for the season to start again so you get into heroin and start hanging around with hookers and charlie sheen and OF COURSE you contract the deadly AIDS virus. great. no insurance, you are kicked out of your apartment because you kept setting the carpet on fire because you kept falling asleep with cigarettes in your mouth and all of the oily rags. so now your on the street. you accept your fate and walk in front of a garbage truck.

you lost me at "football." can you please use a video game or star wars analogy??

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A misanthrope posted:

you lost me at "football." can you please use a video game or star wars analogy??

not right now probably

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

dad gay. so what posted:

not right now probably

no problem i will remind you later. right now take it easy and have a good night man. you been working hard

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:
Is the mod forum still fun? I enjoyed the knitting threads.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Jailbrekr posted:

Is the mod forum still fun? I enjoyed the knitting threads.

It's wall-to-wall el spider posts now.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

It's wall-to-wall el spider posts now.

Does Applewhite post there?

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Does Applewhite post there?

Yeah but he mostly sticks to the speed skating megathreads.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Yeah but he mostly sticks to the speed skating megathreads.

I knew the mod forum was the best forum. I would give anything to see the epic comedy that goes on there.......

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

gnarly was a good man

hes a genuinely good dude :h:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

A misanthrope posted:

for posters with anime avs and impure blood i propose a siort of "final solution" if you will

back when there was some thread about which poster wanted to be a mod I proposed this exact same thing for my mod bid and most people ignored me. Reap it bitches.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Can we have a feature where theres a small chance a post contains a fountain and the first person to find it can quaff of dip their posting amulet

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

gently caress da Mods posted:

also another fuckign terrible mod: a Senior Woodchuck

Senior Woodchuck was the duck tails guy right?

Gnarly was a fine mod. Because he was a stable person. Also he probated Spanish ManpleaselovemeGBS for a while which was refeshing.

Also I haven't seen genesplicer make a wrong move. Maybe I appreciate his choice of username more than a little.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

gnarly was a good man

he was one of the best mods this site has had

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
genespilicer is a good man and a good mod but he is very old and out of touch with the modern youth culture we need to attract thats why i suggest he dye his hair and start riding ska boards

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Ahem. Hoverboards

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ok we're getting this sorted out.....weve got radium on skype!

I've noticed a lot of people on my skype contact list get hacked as of lately and someone messages you a link with no information . Be wary of this.

Also ASWB you should have some kind of safeword that someone you trust and like can say to you so you know if you are becoming a bad mod and that things have gone too far that it will snap you out of killmode and return you to chillmode.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Suggestion: we vote one of Issac's goats for next gibbis mod.

Issac must make the goat overlord a nice sash or something.

Goat treats are mandatory.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Helical Nightmares posted:

Suggestion: we vote one of Issac's goats for next gibbis mod.

Issac must make the goat overlord a nice sash or something.

Goat treats are mandatory.

Can the goat decide to probate or not probate people for 6 hours by having two pieces of paper put in front of it and whichever it goes to eat first is the choice it makes?

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
a startrek betamax

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
sup gbs maudes

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Microwaves Mom posted:

Can the goat decide to probate or not probate people for 6 hours by having two pieces of paper put in front of it and whichever it goes to eat first is the choice it makes?

My thoughts exactly

Or Issac puts username tags on several goats and whomever wins king of the hill gets probated/banned/immunity.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

genespilicer is a good man and a good mod but he is very old and out of touch with the modern youth culture we need to attract thats why i suggest he dye his hair and start riding ska boards

you two balance each other out. young an wacky vs. old and responsible

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I am 32 years old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sout
Apr 24, 2014

I am 32 years old