Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Mod ROLE CALL: Which mod are you?
This poll is closed.
Butt Wizard 19 5.85%
Jean Splicer 19 5.85%
A Star War Betamax 98 30.15%
Gnarly Hotep 36 11.08%
Ralp 76 23.38%
Abe 77 23.69%
Total: 325 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax

gnarlyhotep posted:

Oh I know some people liked it, I got plenty of positive feedback. It's all the negative crap that outweighed it for me. That and I have an actual job and life which made the little time I had to spend on forums janitorial duties not worth it. But again, SWB is a different sort of cat than me, maybe he has the time and fortitude to make it work for him.

You do drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
that spanish manlove guy hangs around like a starving hyena

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

dad gay. so what posted:

you had a good lifecycle. do you ever miss it?

The only things I miss are being able to 6 hour probate anyone who pissed me off, and stickying threads. That was cool. Everything else was a chore.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

dad gay. so what posted:

that spanish manlove guy hangs around like a starving hyena

lmao

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

The only things I miss are being able to 6 hour probate anyone who pissed me off, and stickying threads. That was cool. Everything else was a chore.

ya you did a good job. i get you.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

dad gay. so what posted:

ya you did a good job. i get you.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

whats your take on the current proprietors, johnny fever?

Irrational Bees
Nov 2, 2013

by Lowtax
I dont like you because you probated me for making fun of windows 98 for being like, a bad bad man who hurts people

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

ive always found the best mods are the ones you dont notice. kind of like an offensive lineman in american rules "football". you dont notice them until they gently caress it up and get your quarterback concussed and then the backup comes in and he loving sucks because he was drunk all week and didnt give a poo poo. now its his time to shine and he is hosed too. so he throws a pass off someones head and gets a pick 6 and your team just lost the loving superboal. now you have to wait like 2 weeks for the season to start again so you get into heroin and start hanging around with hookers and charlie sheen and OF COURSE you contract the deadly AIDS virus. great. no insurance, you are kicked out of your apartment because you kept setting the carpet on fire because you kept falling asleep with cigarettes in your mouth and all of the oily rags. so now your on the street. you accept your fate and walk in front of a garbage truck.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST FOR A DAY BECAUSE IM LOSING MY poo poo)

here is an example of thoughtful and wise moderation.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

dad gay. so what posted:

whats your take on the current proprietors, johnny fever?

I'm Arthur Carlson. I assume you're talking about the proprietors of the station. My stance is that we will play Steely Dan until the Boston Rag comes back into style.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

I'm Arthur Carlson. I assume you're talking about the proprietors of the station. My stance is that we will play Steely Dan until the Boston Rag comes back into style.

couldnt remember his name thank you, and no, i meant the current moderation situation etc

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

dad gay. so what posted:

couldnt remember his name thank you, and no, i meant the current moderation situation etc

well given that you didn't even acknowledge my Steely Dan joke I can't say I care much

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

well given that you didn't even acknowledge my Steely Dan joke I can't say I care much

i acknowledged that i know what wkrp was, sorry i thought that was the point. my bad. anywhos, who cares probably. i just hope that spanish manlove guy gets his just desserts! :argh:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Donde estan las drogas?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

dad gay. so what posted:

i acknowledged that i know what wkrp was, sorry i thought that was the point. my bad. anywhos, who cares probably. i just hope that spanish manlove guy gets his just desserts! :argh:

I'll let you in on a little secret

Everytime Franco reported someone, no matter what the outcome was, I always ended my report with "gently caress you Franco"

Nobody outside the mod forums knew that until now

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

Everytime Franco reported someone, no matter what the outcome was, I always ended my report with "gently caress you Franco"

lol

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

gnarlyhotep posted:

lol

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Haha

How say deez nutz in Spanish

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

donkey salami posted:

Haha

How say deez nutz in Spanish

Deez nutalase

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
i demand to know what happened to my thread about my pedophile neighbor

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Grody posted:

you got owned

edit: i tried to post in that thread, but i couldnt. my guess is that i can still see it because its in my cache or something, but it has been moved to the mod forum or removed from the forums

2nd edit: no wait its in the comedy purgatory

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 23, 2016

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Grody posted:

I moved it to the gold mine you goof

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
I guess i sent it to the comedy purgatory instead

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761332

Jukeboxblues
Jul 29, 2015

Grimey Drawer

a starwar betamax posted:

I moved it to the gold mine you goof

Hey while you're at it can you move my tiny egg thread to the coal mine thanks

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

gnarlyhotep posted:

:roflolmao:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

gnarlyhotep posted:

How many reports per month did the fuckwit send in for GBS. Ballpark.

For full disclosure how many reports per month did I send in.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Did the Star Trek O'brian thread get goldmined?

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gnarlyhotep posted:

one of his reports was acted on by a mod that didnt even read my post (ralp) and it got me banned

just another segment of the franco "im stepping down but only because im being doxxed not because im a lovely mod/poster that people hate. no really im being doxxed this is totally not a lie. really" saga

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jan 24, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

gary oldmans diary posted:

one of his reports was acted on by a mod that didnt even read my post (ralp) and it got me banned

just another segment of the franco "im stepping down but only because im being doxxed not because im a lovely mod/poster that people hate. no really im being doxxed this is totally not a lie. really" saga

He really did get doxed. One day so guy posted the same weird story over and over in a bunch of threads with some pictures. After it was all deleted and the guy was permabanned people said the pictures were of his sister, I guess. It was a weird day.

Virginia Slams
Nov 17, 2012
What exactly is comedy purgatory ? I never even knew it existed

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Angela Christine posted:

He really did get doxed. One day so guy posted the same weird story over and over in a bunch of threads with some pictures. After it was all deleted and the guy was permabanned people said the pictures were of his sister, I guess. It was a weird day.
yeah that sounds really interesting what with someone on the internet saying a picture is of a mods sister

ahem
and now we wait for you to get banned for "Spreading extremely creepy and false rumors about a poster's family for purposes of harassment." report courtesy of franco
:getin:

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jan 24, 2016

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

gary oldmans diary posted:

yeah that sounds really interesting what with someone on the internet saying a picture is of a mods sister

I assume it really was his sister, because the meltdown would have been even more inexplicable if it was just some random chick, lol.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
latching on to something to blame for having to step down after capping off a lackluster tenure of making gbs worse by closing the megathreads and every single person complaining that he is a terrible mod is the opposite of inexplicable

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Hey guys what is your take on casual racism in the china\russia\etc type threads?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I honestly think rascism is funny

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hey guys what is your take on casual racism in the china\russia\etc type threads?

those threads are full of posters ive never seen before

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Idk it's kind of great

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

you mean like the nong posts, or something more serious? going to need examples

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

lots of people in that thread live in china

i think they need a safe space to talk poo poo about the place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

i enjoy doing it but when other people do it they come off as racist

• Locked thread