Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Maldoror posted:

Use tor browser

Go to site selling all kinds of cool weed and acid and other drugs

Add to cart

Pay

Bitcoins?

Need to install bitcoin, then go to exchange and exchange cash for bitcoin.

The bitcoin install needs 20 gigs because it works by storing every transaction ever made on every client.

This is a lot of work for my weed I added to my web cart. But I guess it's better than getting killed buying from a dealer in the hood?

Curse you, weed!

You forgot the part where, between buying bitcoin with cash and completing the purchase, the broker is hacked and all of your play money evaporates into nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Onkel Hedwig posted:

As far as I know after Silk Road went under one of the other market places became the new number one, and business is pretty much back to normal.

The Silk Road guy is the poster child for bitcoin stupidity. He not only left a trail of breadcrumbs for the police which brought down the drug operation, but he also legitimately thought that he was soliciting murder multiple times from bitcoin assassins. He is never getting out of prison.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Concerned Citizen posted:

I would like to become a Bitcoin assassin.

Seems like an easy gig since you just take people's money and do nothing.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

Are there even counties that have a mandated last call of 10PM? I figured most places were at least midnight or just completely dry

There are places where you can't buy beer in bottles or cans after 21:00 so the drunk bums who hang out in front of the store all day asking for beer money go home.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

FishionMailed posted:

why are there live feeds of that anyway???

People buy IP cameras to keep an eye on kids or elderly relatives and don't bother to secure them because security is hard and makes things inconvenient.

I can understand Joe Schmoe not being able to setup a VPN, but not even setting a basic password on the grandma cam is pretty lazy. Even scarier is when people scan IP addresses and find things like unsecured telnet access to industrial power equipment.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Hammerite posted:

cool facts about defunct bitcoin exchange mt gox

He sounds like a captured spy being forced at gunpoint to read a statement about how humanely he is being treated.

The_Franz fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Feb 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

univbee posted:

In Canada they're still the norm for rent and many private medical practices (e.g. dentists, therapists).

Probably because, like the US, they are the only non-cash method of transferring money which doesn't incur a fee.

• Locked thread