Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
A local chicken shack sells fried chicken gizzards and I'm curious about them. But on the other hand I don't wanna get em and then it turns out they suck.

This is what they look like:

Looks good.

But what do they taste like???? Please, brave goons I need your help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
chicken hearts are better meat

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
yeah.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Do they taste like chicken thighs? Or like some other kind of meat?

E: I'm gonna post a trip report to my local chicken shack--with pictures--so please don't gas this thread

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
No.

Gizzards is what the blacks ate in slavery. It's the leftover parts of the chicken that the master didn't eat.

Don't eat that poo poo.

velouria
Jul 23, 2001

They taste like chicken liver, but tougher. I like 'em

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
if its anything like cow tongue then yeah its probably the poo poo. bon appetit friend

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

they are delicious

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

amityville anus posted:

chicken hearts are better meat

Hearts are definitely better but deep fried gizzards are still pretty deece. They gotta be deep fried though cause otherwise it's not worth it.

Chicken feet are the same -- go deep fried or go home. (a lot of dim sum places do them steamed but gently caress that)

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

No.

Gizzards is what the blacks ate in slavery. It's the leftover parts of the chicken that the master didn't eat.

Don't eat that poo poo.

Just remember, poors used to eat lobstah

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'd imagine anything battered and deep fried is good. It's mostly the same flavor unless you're smart enough to add some other spices in there when you make it yourself.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Ok I'm here

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Looks like a trap op.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Ordered the large gizzards w a side of okra. If these arent good I'm gonna be hosed

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

They taste like pretty much any other organ meat, which is to say they are awesome.

I miss when KFC used to sell a pound of mixed livers and gizzards, they were cheap as hell and I would eat a pound of deep fried organ meat dipped in KFC gravy and it was pretty much the best.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Ordered the large gizzards w a side of okra. If these arent good I'm gonna be hosed

Okra though? Surely there are better sides.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

King of Bees posted:

Looks like a trap op.

Nah its cool...seems like a lot of wasted space inside though

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
if its fried right theyre delicious as a motherfucker. ive had some gross chitlins before tho

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

pop? wtf

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Blazing Zero posted:

if its fried right theyre delicious as a motherfucker. ive had some gross chitlins before tho

What do chitlins have to do with fried chicken gizzard?

It's a drink made of carbonated water and sugar syrup. It is alternately known as soda pop, soda, pop, soft drink, and coke.

titties fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jan 18, 2016

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Gatts posted:

Okra though? Surely there are better sides.

These are the sides:

Their fries Suck, the only other contender for me were the shrooms but today is an okra kinda night

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

:getin:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

These are the sides:

Their fries Suck, the only other contender for me were the shrooms but today is an okra kinda night

okra is always a good choice, enjoy :)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

These are the sides:

Hm. I am morbidly curious about that pizza puff...

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

gizzards are delicious good luck in your journeys OP

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
all fried food tastes pretty much the same, they cant be too bad

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Harods is in the fast food businesses now? Crazy.

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
I ate a buncha gizzards at a nice Portuguese restaurant and they were good hth

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Gizzards are good. They don't taste organ-y at all, they basically just taste like dark meat chicken. They are very tough compared to most meat but not in an unpleasant or chewy way, they just resist the first bite more.

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Looks like they came w fries whoops

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

okra looks good, throw some seasoned salt on the fries and you're in business

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Ok they taste delicious but are a bit too chewy for my liking. The taste is really good though.

Bottom line: try em goons, they're good

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Blue Train posted:

okra looks good, throw some seasoned salt on the fries and you're in business

All I have is this faggy blend :negative:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

wow they gotta step their game up

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Update: these are growing on me. A Lil bit of hot sauce and they are amazing.

Thanks for all the support goons

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
If they taste like fried livers then yea they're alright

The only way to eat them is with hot sauce though, pretty much everything else is nasty on them

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

I'm glad you found your way through troubled waters safely OP godspeed in your future adventures

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
yes the organs own

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
OP I want to just point out that if your chicken transaction doesn't take place through bulletproof glass/plexiglass you're not getting the true Harold's Chicken experience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

I've always loved gizzards, but never ate hearts growing up. When I went to college, my roommate and I were planning out meals and he mentioned that he loved chicken hearts. I told him "I've never eaten hearts before. I love gizzards, though!" He told me "I don't think I've ever had a gizzard. Are they good?" "Yeah, they're great," I replied. "Well, hearts are delicious too," my roommate said. "I'll have to cook them for you some time." Then literally - not figuratively - later that day we went to the grocery store and saw a giant Value Pack of hearts and gizzards combined. Needless to say we pretty much had to buy it. We cooked them both that night and they were great, although I still preferred the gizzards and I suspect he still preferred the hearts.

Anyway, that's my gizzard story.

• Locked thread