Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
10-8 round with no knockdown according to Lederman, I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kovalev taking a break this round it seems.

Agree with Hopkins, Kovalev is drawing this out. Corner stoppage incoming.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Jesus christ Roach, stop it.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Kovalev is pretty scary, huh?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's three knockdowns that weren't called.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Thank loving god.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
That was brutal. Kudos for Freddie for pulling the plug.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Bless you Freddie. Pascal will thank you later if he has any sense.

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
Easy night for the Krusher

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed
30 landed punches in 7 rounds :eyepop:

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
I make him more pain.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
"I would fight more rounds and make him more pain."

I missed what caused the bad blood here, Pascal called Kovalev a racist or something?

meat CRime
Jun 12, 2010

ham, turkey, roast beef, cold cuts, North Carolina, vienna sausage
Grimey Drawer
haha krusher owns

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
"Oh! He lost bet too!"

Kovalev owns.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

The SituAsian posted:

30 landed punches in 7 rounds :eyepop:

26 of those in round three I bet

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
gently caress off Adonis.

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

gently caress off Adonis.

:henget: *bawk bawk bawk*

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
"Adonis Chickenson"

*makes duck sounds*

It's too bad Kovalev doesn't speak English well; he's a great trash talker.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i like adonis being called what he is by someone with the capacity to kill him

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Has boxing always been so WWE with people crashing post-fight interviews?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

eric posted:

"Adonis Chickenson"

*makes duck sounds*

It's too bad Kovalev doesn't speak English well; he's a great trash talker.

Broken English trash talk is the best. :colbert:

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008

so loving future posted:

Yes and it's wonderful. Allow me to introduce you to the glory that is Sir Tyson Fury: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSmHzcAEw0

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm happy to see the Stevenson theatrics even if HBO immediately threw dirt on the whole thing. Make the fight happen Papa Al.

balancedbias
May 2, 2009
$$$$$$$$$

The best way I can describe Kovalevs performance is that he may have permanently decreased Pacal's quality of life. Scary stuff.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

balancedbias posted:

The best way I can describe Kovalevs performance is that he may have permanently decreased Pacal's quality of life. Scary stuff.

Yeah Freddie Roach should have stopped it a round sooner. Pascal was a bunching bag for Kovalev. He's probably broken physically and mentally after taking a beating like that in his home town.

TresTristesTigres
Feb 14, 2013

Posts from UnDeR9R0Und

so loving future posted:

It's getting worse lately. at this point I expect that the Thurman-Porter winner will be attacked by Lamont Peterson with a folding chair

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress

TresTristesTigres posted:

It's getting worse lately. at this point I expect that the Thurman-Porter winner will be attacked by Lamont Peterson with a folding chair

Its the only way he'd hurt either that's for sure.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

We'd better get Kovalev v Stevenson this year; it's a straight shootout and Stevenson is being underrated for it imo. The hint of Ward getting pulverised gives me a semi, but the reality is that he'll just decision Kovalev and people will claim to have enjoyed watching his excellent nullifying skills or something.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I think I would actually put my wager down on Kovalev by decision. I feel like if you can show the restraint and fight plan to wide UD Hopkins (even at his advanced age), you probably can put together a similar style fight plan for Ward.

While I would love to believe Ward is still athletically able to compete a high level, we don't really have a ton of evidence of that and I don't know that I believe he is technically a better fighter than Hopkins.

Sign me up for Stevenson all day though, because Kovalev certainly can be hit.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

canelo vs khan is on. mad fight tbh

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Was coming here to post that. Pretty good get for Khan.

not gonna lie, thought this might just be a non-title at 154. Going for the middleweight belt at 155 is all a bit silly. Not sure how they got Khan ranked.

gtkor fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Feb 2, 2016

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

uhhhhhh

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

???

?????????

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I guess khan was just doing a smoke and mirrors routine pretending to chase down all those other guys

E: this is a good fight because after watching canelo-cotto I thought I wanted to see Canelo fight an even smaller fast guy

EE: people are mad it's not GGG, but it wasn't ever going to be, they have an arrangement for September don't they?

Jump King fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 2, 2016

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
Mods please rename me to LINEAL MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPION AMIR KHAN please

Edit: also this apparently meams Khan has left Haymon and gone "back" to Golden Boy. Interesting for all us #boxingbusinessheads . Maybe
Crawford - Khan down the line

The SituAsian fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Feb 2, 2016

Machaon
Sep 2, 2008
Can't say I saw a Canelo/Khan fight coming. I don't think this is a good fight for Khan at all. He can't hurt Canelo, his defense is mediocre and his chin is even worse. I'm seeing a pretty quick KO win for Canelo.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wow that fight doesn't make any sense at all. I'm stunned too. Khan's only advantage in that fight is his hand speed and maybe his footwork.

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I guess khan was just doing a smoke and mirrors routine pretending to chase down all those other guys

E: this is a good fight because after watching canelo-cotto I thought I wanted to see Canelo fight an even smaller fast guy

EE: people are mad it's not GGG, but it wasn't ever going to be, they have an arrangement for September don't they?

Last I heard Canelo and GGG were still negotiating, so I don't think anything has been locked in.

Canelo needs a PPV fight for May and I think Khan realized he's not getting anywhere with Haymon so time to go kiss back up to Oscar and Uncle Bob.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Canelo vs Khan is a bit interesting stylistically. Khan is a smaller guy, but he has fast hands and feet. We've seen how Canelo does against those types. Mayweather fought him to a decision, Lara gave him a really tough fight that was arguably a draw and Cotto gave him a challenge but was ultimately ineffective and lost a close but clean decision (imo)

Except Khan is not as skilled as Mayweather, isn't as big as Lara and has a worse chin than Cotto.

I don't think most people even put Khan on the same P4P level as Canelo

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
Well, I guess khan gets the big payday he's been shooting for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

It'll look like a public execution imo. Khan isn't slick enough to avoid Alvarez' punches and he'll be down about 20 pounds on fight night.

• Locked thread