Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michael Bayleaf
Jun 4, 2006

Tortured By Flan

Obeah posted:

When I was working as a graphic designer for PAWS Inc. (SE Asian Market) in Muncie, Indiana, I got stuck in what I can only describe as a triplex apartment between a group of BSU students and an elderly, mentally handicapped man who would tell us all about how he was the last person in his assistance program to still have a helper monkey. Apparently they've mostly been phased out or something?

Anyway, the kids who lived next to me in the triplex were obsessed with seeing this grandfathered capuchin and seemed to be split 50-50 on believing it even existed. I'd been there six months, the students almost a year, and none of us had seen or heard this thing in person. Kenneth - the old man - would stand on his end of the house and "water the grass", which really just amounted to chain smoking and hosing his corner of the lawn down. Anytime any of us went outside while he was doing this, he'd yell conversation to us. "Esquire (the monkey) turned off the TV during Final Jeopardy last night. I got so mad..." and "I caught Esquire eating out of the trash again. Such a pain in my rear end." It was nonstop during the summer months.

So at the end of August, I was helping Kenneth with some legitimate yard work. He asked me if I wanted to come over for dinner, and even though Esquire did not come up in the invitation at all, he was my first thought. A chance to confirm this creature's existence. I jumped at the opportunity.

So that night, I have the worst meal of my life. Reheated spaghetti eaten out of Tupperware. No conversation. Just the sounds of us eating. Feeling weirdly nauseous and wanting to go home, I asked Kenneth where Esquire was.

"In my bedroom. He was acting up earlier. and I didn't want him bothering you during supper."

I should have accepted this, but I pressed on, saying I was full and just wanted to meet him before going home. At this point, Kenneth stood up, walked to his bedroom, slammed the door shut, and was in there for maybe five minutes or so. I was about to leave when he came out.

"He's about to bedtime out, but you can see him before you leave."

Here's my memory of that encounter, as filtered through my PTSD (semi-serious here - I could get diagnosed for sure):

Sock monkey sitting in a wicker chair next to a bed. Withered Cracker Barrel price tag still hanging off. White areas of the monkey stained with nicotine. A hole cut in between the legs. Kenneth behind me. The sinking feeling as I realize his hard cock (still in pants, though) is pressed against my back. I forget the exact words, but he did ask me to touch Esquire, so I half heartedly petted it and he slapped the back of my head. Whispered to me "F-fingerblast this little turd." That part I remember perfectly. And I did.

I won't dwell on the rest of the encounter. Suffice to say that it was a bad night for me, and finishing out that lease was hell. I don't regret anything but accepting the dinner invitation. Had I not become finger intimate with Esquire, he very well could have stabbed me. He'd been collecting knives since Vietnam. I noticed several pocket knives on a drawer in the bedroom alone. This was a scary dude, and it's hard to blame myself for it. But anyway, I ended up getting let go from my dream job right before the end of the lease, so obviously I didn't stick around for long.

All of this is just a roundabout way of saying that you should really, really be careful around this neighbor of yours. What seems and reads as funny on SA or to your friends can be a life threatening, terrifying experience irl.

same here man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Keep Your Door Open.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Demonachizer posted:

Could you use a shovel instead of a broom?

I guess, but my recommendation to you personally is to try using a gun on your skull.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Obeah posted:

When I was working as a graphic designer for PAWS Inc. (SE Asian Market) in Muncie, Indiana, I got stuck in what I can only describe as a triplex apartment between a group of BSU students and an elderly, mentally handicapped man who would tell us all about how he was the last person in his assistance program to still have a helper monkey. Apparently they've mostly been phased out or something?

Anyway, the kids who lived next to me in the triplex were obsessed with seeing this grandfathered capuchin and seemed to be split 50-50 on believing it even existed. I'd been there six months, the students almost a year, and none of us had seen or heard this thing in person. Kenneth - the old man - would stand on his end of the house and "water the grass", which really just amounted to chain smoking and hosing his corner of the lawn down. Anytime any of us went outside while he was doing this, he'd yell conversation to us. "Esquire (the monkey) turned off the TV during Final Jeopardy last night. I got so mad..." and "I caught Esquire eating out of the trash again. Such a pain in my rear end." It was nonstop during the summer months.

So at the end of August, I was helping Kenneth with some legitimate yard work. He asked me if I wanted to come over for dinner, and even though Esquire did not come up in the invitation at all, he was my first thought. A chance to confirm this creature's existence. I jumped at the opportunity.

So that night, I have the worst meal of my life. Reheated spaghetti eaten out of Tupperware. No conversation. Just the sounds of us eating. Feeling weirdly nauseous and wanting to go home, I asked Kenneth where Esquire was.

"In my bedroom. He was acting up earlier. and I didn't want him bothering you during supper."

I should have accepted this, but I pressed on, saying I was full and just wanted to meet him before going home. At this point, Kenneth stood up, walked to his bedroom, slammed the door shut, and was in there for maybe five minutes or so. I was about to leave when he came out.

Here's my memory of that encounter, as filtered through my PTSD (semi-serious here - I could get diagnosed for sure):

Sock monkey sitting in a wicker chair next to a bed. Withered Cracker Barrel price tag still hanging off. White areas of the monkey stained with nicotine. A hole cut in between the legs. Kenneth behind me. The sinking feeling as I realize his hard cock (still in pants, though) is pressed against my back. I forget the exact words, but he did ask me to touch Esquire, so I half heartedly petted it and he slapped the back of my head. Whispered to me "F-fingerblast this little turd." That part I remember perfectly. And I did.

I won't dwell on the rest of the encounter. Suffice to say that it was a bad night for me, and finishing out that lease was hell. I don't regret anything but accepting the dinner invitation. Had I not become finger intimate with Esquire, he very well could have stabbed me. He'd been collecting knives since Vietnam. I noticed several pocket knives on a drawer in the bedroom alone. This was a scary dude, and it's hard to blame myself for it. But anyway, I ended up getting let go from my dream job right before the end of the lease, so obviously I didn't stick around for long.

All of this is just a roundabout way of saying that you should really, really be careful around this neighbor of yours. What seems and reads as funny on SA or to your friends can be a life threatening, terrifying experience irl.

You might actually be hakan.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Obeah posted:

Did you ever confirm to your neighbors the monkey was in fact, not a real live monkey?

E:
If not they may have suffered a similar experience down the line. You should look them up on facebook. Maybe you guys can go to therapy together! :unsmith:

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 19, 2016

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

:shittypop:

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

City of Tampa posted:

dude is watching to make sure that you leave so he can go into your apartment and rub his musky unwashed dong all over your toothbrush and silverware and TV remote

This man is stealing my technique.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
are you a hot chick OP

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Obeah posted:

Oh my goodness

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
*Reads thread title*

"I bet the first post is someone telling him to suck the guy's dick."

*Is not disappointed*

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

this is you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Boko Haram posted:

I'll go downstairs to do my laundry, forget the key so I set my basket down, as soon as I turn the flight he's out and about in the stairwell. I come back down and he goes back in. Same thing happens after I leave the washroom. When I go to my car he will leave his apartment and go up the stairs and stand at the entrance to the building looking out the glass as I leave, sometimes he pokes his head out.

He is an NPC with a quest to give you.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Obeah posted:

Whispered to me "F-fingerblast this little turd." That part I remember perfectly. And I did.

no loving way lol

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

I'm skeptical as gently caress of the story but I so badly want it to be true. Either way it was beautiful and makes this thread deserve a 5.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

It's just well written, idgaf if it's real

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is maybe the second best on topic derail of all time.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Wow obeah. Wow

Thread rated 5 for obeah's 5 fingers

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
> go left

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Obeah posted:

Show us where on the sock puppet he touched you.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Well Obeah, has the monkey stopped screaming

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Kurtofan posted:

Well Obeah, has the monkey stopped screaming

lol silence of the monkey.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Hear no Evil, Speak No Evil, See No Evil, Fingerbang No Evil Turd.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I have a neighbor that kind of does the opposite of the OP's. Every time he sees me and/or the landlord he'll stop in his tracks, turn around and go back inside and stare out the window until I'm gone. I've seen him walking down the street toward the house while I was on the way to work and when he saw me he about-faced and speedwalked away. I think he went around the block the other way.

I didn't have to fingerblast his monkey or anything, but he does make me feel a little uncomfortable.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Murphy Brownback posted:

I have a neighbor that kind of does the opposite of the OP's. Every time he sees me and/or the landlord he'll stop in his tracks, turn around and go back inside and stare out the window until I'm gone. I've seen him walking down the street toward the house while I was on the way to work and when he saw me he about-faced and speedwalked away. I think he went around the block the other way.

I didn't have to fingerblast his monkey or anything, but he does make me feel a little uncomfortable.

He probably has extreme social anxiety. Or he thinks you saw / heard him masturbating and screaming like a monkey.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Big Beef City posted:

GBS: "F-fingerblast this little turd."

EmperorFritoBandito
Aug 7, 2010

by exmarx
Fingerblast your neighborman OP

mrhotdogvendor
May 28, 2006
very tired hispanic
is op dead yet?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm sure Esquire was only used as an ashtray.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jiharlequinade posted:

he intends to strangle you with a nylon cord, op, hth

I'm so wet right now.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Big Beef City posted:

Oh my loving god

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Big Beef City posted:

:agreed:

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Obeah posted:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Obeah posted:

so good

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
So did Esquire come or what?!

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

PureEvil6_13 posted:

So did Esquire come or what?!

yeah i mean you gotta tell us about the rest of the encounter like how long did you finger blast the monkey before you left? jesus christ

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Smash it Smash hit posted:

yeah i mean you gotta tell us about the rest of the encounter like how long did you finger blast the monkey before you left? jesus christ

Jesus CHRIST man, there's some things you just don't talk about ok?!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Big Beef City posted:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Cherish those places where you have normal neighbors, for a Kenneth lurks in many a courtyard.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

maybe...ah.. talk to this dude? Unless ur a slitlord.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

please goldmine already

• Locked thread