Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

scuz posted:

2 balance shafts, 2 belts, and 3 timing chains
vacuum actuated hydraulic motor mounts
Secondary air pump
Remote oil-water heat exchanger
Water cooled alternator
10 Quart, 2 piece oil pan
Centrifugal air-oil separator
Auxiliary vacuum pump
The 3rd heaviest battery ever installed in a passenger car, mounted under the middle of the windshield.

Never said by a VW engineer: "maybe this engine design isn't worth the hassle of all the extra poo poo we have to tack on to get it to work".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

scuz posted:

Oh, there's this blue one, this cream/brown number, and this mysterious beast alllll on my local craigslist. If I don't get that one (I WANT THAT ONE), there will likely be others when it's time to buy since everyone in Minnesota looks at small pickups as if they were toys and just go buy an F150 instead.

I could make it easier for you by coming over there and buying one of those VWutes. It would be the perfect little truck for errands and taking my JS550 to the water and back. I don't know dick about them though. For example, I had no idea they were FWD (WTF VW) until 2 minutes ago. I also can't believe those things aren't rustmobiles, whether they were driven in winter or not.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

NitroSpazzz posted:

Na I like that it's FWD and thought it was a great truck, so much I'm actively shopping for another. I just can't leave things alone

I'd be ok with FWD too, it's just odd on a truck. I'm tempted, but every time I think about buying a truck here I realize I would be much better off with a fly-and-drive to Oregon to get something nice.

• Locked thread