Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Black Mage is the best class, it is known. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mo_Steel posted:

It is known.

All Mage All the Time.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

thief imo

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mo_Steel posted:

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Healer imo, ranger/hunter/archer if not healer :)

Adelheid
Mar 29, 2010

This show is really good, but it has one glaring flaw: The OP implies this is going to be a show about textures, yet the rest of the show is by no means Gankutsuou.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Adelheid posted:

This show is really good, but it has one glaring flaw: The OP implies this is going to be a show about textures, yet the rest of the show is by no means Gankutsuou.

I don't think anybody has the balls to be another Gankutsuou.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Just finished episode two. I was really annoyed this group couldn't kill one Gob, then felt really uneasy watching them slowly, awkwardly kill it.

And in any other show, I'd be annoyed watching a day long montage take up that much time in an episode. But with this show, after that fight, it felt really nice. We just kept looking at all the backgrounds and colors they used, I didn't mind that nothing was really happening.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Just binge watched up to the newest episode. I love that Ranta is basically Taro from Shirobako.

But, yeah, the healer is totally going to die. He's a non-protagonist party leader and we've had lines like "You're what keeps our party together" and such.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

well, the expected happened. they mostly handled it right

animation was noticeably slow during moments in the episode

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Davincie posted:

well, the expected happened. they mostly handled it right

animation was noticeably slow during moments in the episode

Slow in what way? The technique demonstrations? The moments? Not sure what slow means? The switch to ED-style drawing in that one part was interesting.

I can't believe that the blue goblin is such an interesting and intimidating antagonist even though we'll probably never see him again, I think that's my favourite thing about the action in this episode. The mere fact alone that he was displaying proper swordsmanship makes him immediately intimidating and establishes him excellently.

Reds fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 31, 2016

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
When does this show up on hulu? Didn't see it yet today.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kingtheninja posted:

When does this show up on hulu? Didn't see it yet today.

Hulu stuff is on a delay so it should show up tomorrow.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

:(

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
From back on page one:

Paracelsus posted:

I'm also really curious about the "Ash" part of the title.

Welp, question answered, I guess.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
gently caress that was a good episode.

Based on the preview for next week looks like they correctly waste no time getting a new healer, interested to see how the characters grow from here.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Did feel they could have dialled back the death-flags a little, though. 'Oh well, I can ask him another time' was pretty on-the-nose as it was, and then they followed it up with '... or so I thought'. Kind of killed some of the suspense in that ambush sequence, which was a shame, as it would have otherwise have been pretty suspenseful and shocking. LN overwriting strikes again, I guess.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Reds posted:

Slow in what way? The technique demonstrations? The moments? Not sure what slow means? The switch to ED-style drawing in that one part was interesting.

I can't believe that the blue goblin is such an interesting and intimidating antagonist even though we'll probably never see him again, I think that's my favourite thing about the action in this episode. The mere fact alone that he was displaying proper swordsmanship makes him immediately intimidating and establishes him excellently.

might have just been my pc actually. wanted to make a gif but there was no slowness this time.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

might have just been my pc actually. wanted to make a gif but there was no slowness this time.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
shouldn't have played on hardcore, dumbass

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Agronox posted:

shouldn't have played on hardcore, dumbass

Me, during 1st half of episode: uh, what? party comp is getting hosed, plz respec
2nd half: toldya so, pubbies

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Grimgar learned ASSCAM!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Agronox posted:

Grimgar learned ASSCAM!
As an Assman I am loving these singular shots per episode.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Agronox posted:

Grimgar learned ASSCAM!

grimgar alreayd knew that though

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Davincie posted:

check out the frame count on the cut where he finally dies and slumps over

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, poo poo.

e: there are both advantages and disadvantages to being able to be easily emotionally wrapped up in, and manipulated by stories.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 31, 2016

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

This will always be remembered as the week when Grimgar turned grim.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

nielsm posted:

This will always be remembered as the week when Grimgar turned grim.

How soon we forget Gob-kun.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Maybe they'll learn that the healer belongs in the back line.

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

this video quality is epic. worth every penny

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

it's hurting me

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Ethiser posted:

Maybe they'll learn that the healer belongs in the back line.

well the gobbos sure got his back that's for sure

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

this"1080p" encode is just as bad. im going to start a riot

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

this"1080p" encode is just as bad. im going to start a riot

it's just the 720p encode resized like all other tv anime 1080ps

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Healer dead, called it

...not that anyone didn't see it coming

Whelp, in any case, that was a fantastic episode. Pretty much the best so far. I really liked all the different reactions to Manato's death - should be even more interesting next episode. And, hey, the other party showed up again, I'm curious what they have to say about all this...
Also, seconding that the goblins were great. It's nice what this show is doing to give them character, like the dude reloading his crossbow with his feet, goblin leader kicking big dude, and so on. I wonder if they're gonna have our protag's awesome dagger when they encounter them again. (And MAN I hope they do)

Unrelated: sure glad that this show didn't go the "trapped in MMO" route, because what kind of poo poo-tier MMO doesn't have revival

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3022556
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=3022575

2 of the goblin manag translated

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

pandaK posted:

it's just the 720p encode resized like all other tv anime 1080ps

i know, but i can hope cant i?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread