Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

i would argue that there is no space at all for that, Dick.

edit: hello next page this is an odd post out of context.

Why is animelab taking so long to upload today's episode? usually it is up at around the same time as Dimension W.

Ashtarath fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Feb 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Dammit Manatee, shoulda rolled shaman, or paladin.

book
Nov 29, 2014
The flags from the previous episode held true. But even before those hints, you could reasonably expect the goblins to pull of a counter ambush. Considering these guys are just a bunch of civilians with minimal training (big armored fucker not holding the rear) and are pretty sloppy with the way they do things (have a loud picnic in enemy territory, run straight down an alleyway when gobs are shooting), the result isn't shocking. Good ep in any case. I'm glad Yume's rear end didn't die.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

The brave townsfolk have driven off the bandits and even managed to kill their leader. :)

I hope nothing bad happens to our heroes Blue-ish Guy and The Larger One.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I mean, I've already watched it but are spoilertags just not a thing now? C'mon guys.

Anyways, I'm starting to think that the Dark Knight teachers are running a scam. Like, "yeah man, you've got this wicked sick demon and if you keep giving us poo poo, uh, it gets more abilities or whatever. Yeah it's totally invisible, cool right? Don't worry about it." And on the note of "skills" I'm glad that so far they're all just fairly standard weapon techniques rather than anime sword lasers.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Mordja posted:

I mean, I've already watched it but are spoilertags just not a thing now? C'mon guys.

Anyways, I'm starting to think that the Dark Knight teachers are running a scam. Like, "yeah man, you've got this wicked sick demon and if you keep giving us poo poo, uh, it gets more abilities or whatever. Yeah it's totally invisible, cool right? Don't worry about it." And on the note of "skills" I'm glad that so far they're all just fairly standard weapon techniques rather than anime sword lasers.

It's not invisible, you have to summon it and he doesn't keep it around all day because judging by Haruhiro it's less than useful and probably doesn't listen to him.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Mordja posted:

First time through, I thought the demon was a tiny little thing that he keeps in that bag, but I think they were just looting that goblin and talking about it tangentially... Either way at least one other party member has actually seen it.

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I don't know if it's better or worse because I haven't read the LNs, but apparently in the LN in this fight they choose to engage and the fight lasts a lot longer before they retreat.

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N
Also, stunning discovery: The animators are actually terrible hack frauds

08:48:

09:16:

09:41:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hargrimm posted:

First time through, I thought the demon was a tiny little thing that he keeps in that bag, but I think they were just looting that goblin and talking about it tangentially... Either way at least one other party member has actually seen it.

I think they were just talking about the demon's name. He has a cute nickname.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I decided to try also reading the translated LN for this, and so far it's the only LN I've ever tried to read that hasn't been embarassingly bad. There's still a lot of really dumb stuff (every single time any woman character is introduced, it describes in great detail how attractive she is), but the plot is pretty good and I find myself not distracted by bad writing (like with other LNs).

edit: Apparently in this episode they left out the LN scene where they describe how Manato has a belly as white as woman and Shihoru is overwhelmed by the mental image.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

gently caress the mods.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Hargrimm posted:

08:48:

09:16:

09:41:

Her knees kept changing size too. In the 9:41 shot, you can see the exact point where they attach her knees and lower legs onto the rest of her body.

11:20: :pwn:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

there were a lot of animation errors like trees clipping through the ground at one point

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Davincie posted:

there were a lot of animation errors like trees clipping through the ground at one point

shock! it is a videogame !!!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Not this poo poo again

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hargrimm posted:

What am I supposed to be seeing here? I don't really know much about animation, so I'm honestly curious what is wrong here (I have a really bad eye for this kind of stuff). The only thing I generally notice when it comes to animation quality is whether a show is obviously skimping on frames (which seems to be the case some in this recent episode; in previous episodes it showed the full movement of what people were doing during the fights, but in this one they sometimes did that "single shot of character yelling attack followed by single shot of enemy hit by attack" thing).

I really like how natural the characters' growth (both in combat and otherwise) feels in this; the main character isn't randomly finding any flaming daggers or discovering that he's an innate genius at (insert random thing).

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Ytlaya posted:

What am I supposed to be seeing here? I don't really know much about animation, so I'm honestly curious what is wrong here (I have a really bad eye for this kind of stuff). The only thing I generally notice when it comes to animation quality is whether a show is obviously skimping on frames (which seems to be the case some in this recent episode; in previous episodes it showed the full movement of what people were doing during the fights, but in this one they sometimes did that "single shot of character yelling attack followed by single shot of enemy hit by attack" thing).

I really like how natural the characters' growth (both in combat and otherwise) feels in this; the main character isn't randomly finding any flaming daggers or discovering that he's an innate genius at (insert random thing).

she seemed to be flipping between having stockings on and being bare legged.

i wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't pointed out here, personally.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Boy I really hope somebody got fired for that blunder.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ahhh, I had thought the second picture was showing a really strange shadow or something, but yeah looks like it was leggings. It's definitely not something I would normally notice, but as I mentioned I also have a terrible eye for subtle things like that.

I've been continuing to read the LN, and I'm impressed by how well written/translated the fight scenes are. It's really easy to tell what's going on.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
RIP chill leader dude who has his poo poo together

I think I called his death from ep 2, didn't make it any easier.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

tried watching this, but the sad sack mage that thinks she's fat is killing this show for me

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I love this show, all our doofus party members, and also all the derpy animals that hang around them.

X X X X

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Everybody picked the "friend to all animals" perk instead of the "fight good" perk on their character sheets.

Davincie posted:

Whenever they try to take their painted backgrounds and try to do camera rotation it tends to look a bit odd, this episode got the worst of it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

I love this show, all our doofus party members, and also all the derpy animals that hang around them.

X X X X

Where is fat frog?

p.s. please find fat frog.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

a kitten posted:

Where is fat frog?

p.s. please find fat frog.

http://webm.land/media/GH3e.webm

:kimchi:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

I :love: fat frog

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

:neckbeard:

Thanks!

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Well, this had been my relaxing pretty art and character development show. Took it too lightly and the realness hit me hard.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
That was great. Makes sense that the goblins would wise up to their ambushes and turn the tables around eventually and they didn't disappoint.
Also who the hell gives a newbie healer a melee attack skill instead of more support options.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 2, 2016

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Mango Polo posted:

Also who the hell gives a newbie healer a melee attack skill instead of more support options.

AnacondaHL posted:

Me, during 1st half of episode: uh, what? party comp is getting hosed, plz respec
2nd half: toldya so, pubbies

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who noticed her magically teleporting tights

Animation quality aside, this was a good episode, despite "it" being obviously hinted at since, like, episode 1.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

evolution hated that frog's face

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

Mango Polo posted:

He's a DnD cleric, not a JRPG white mage, plus he played vanguard. Gotta work with your options.

Presumably he had some other healing spells.

Reds fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 3, 2016

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i thought Smash or whatever he took seemed like a good choice, given he already had basic healing seemingly locked down and was frequently in the fray. the show made his physical attacks seem useful, between cracking a gob's skull and disabling another.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Reds posted:

He's a DnD cleric, not a JRPG white mage, plus he played vanguard. Gotta work with your options.

Presumably he had some other healing spells.

Then he should have been wearing mail or leather or something. :colbert:

Oh god, they probably just couldn't afford it. :(

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a kitten posted:

Then he should have been wearing mail or leather or something. :colbert:

Oh god, they probably just couldn't afford it. :(

in a world where new underwear costs hundreds* of copper...

*i think that's what the lady said

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

healers who beat up the enemy are cool to me

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Davincie posted:

healers who beat up the enemy are cool to me
In games where healing based magic also encompasses buffs it's fun to have a healer built to beat people through the power of self buffing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Moguzo should just reclass, he'd be a lovely healtank :3:

• Locked thread