Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Offer to take the dog out for drinks, but then put antifreeze in its glass when its back is turned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Robo Reagan posted:

oh god here we go

I don't see how what I'm saying is in any way controversial. A human life is worth more than a dog or, in fact, any animal.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Applewhite posted:

Yeah I'm on your side with not hurting dogs, but a single human life is worth more than a whole dumptruck full of dogs.

Like "oh no! A dumptruck full of dogs is careening off a cliff, and so is that guy in a car! There's only time to save one!"

Save the human errytiem.

I might save 101 dalmatians though, they're probably way more cute than that guy.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
#DogLivesMatter

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
do something nice and decent for once in your life op and hire a dog trainer for your neighbor. problem solved, everybody happy

trikker
Sep 2, 2013

by Lowtax
OP, are you an HSP?

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Applewhite posted:

I don't see how what I'm saying is in any way controversial. A human life is worth more than a dog or, in fact, any animal.

lol if you wouldnt kill a truckload of humans given the opportunity

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

satanic splash-back posted:

I might save 101 dalmatians though, they're probably way more cute than that guy.

It also depends on the human, too. The human>dog rule isn't true in every case, just in general.

The life of a child molester, for example, is utterly worthless to the point of not actually having the baseline value that applies to all other living things.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what about a dog molester vs a pitbull

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine
people are mostly all bad and dogs are mostly all good so i dont see why this is even a discussion

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

wiffle ball bat posted:

people are mostly all bad and dogs are mostly all good so i dont see why this is even a discussion

all dogs go to heaven so its morally good to murder them

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Robo Reagan posted:

what about a dog molester vs a pitbull

ok, between a truck filled with child molesters driven by a dog, and a truck filled with dog molesters driven by a child, who do you save if you can only save one?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
can i go home instead? rather lay down

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

pls stop suggesting he murder the dog :(

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Volume posted:

That was a cat you ignorant mouth breathing gently caress

there were two different episodes, one about Elane having a problem with a meowing cat, and one with Elaine having a problem with a barking dog :eng101:

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Applewhite posted:

It also depends on the human, too. The human>dog rule isn't true in every case, just in general.

my dog is a much better person than me. i really only win the bathroom habits category but sometimes i don't.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Applewhite posted:

Yeah I'm on your side with not hurting dogs, but a single human life is worth more than a whole dumptruck full of dogs.

Like "oh no! A dumptruck full of dogs is careening off a cliff, and so is that guy in a car! There's only time to save one!"

Save the human errytiem.

I mean you're an autistic person if this is not your immediate response

The human could be a horrible person, but also someone's child, mother or friend

I love dogs but honestly couldn't trust anyone who chose an animals life over a human

If it's someone you know is a murderer, rapist, or just an evil person and you're sure of this, then yes run over Adolf Hitler and save the doggies, but it should not be your default response to kill a human over any pet

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Id sooner elect a dog to office than Donald J Trump. So there's that.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Don Tacorleone posted:

The human could be a horrible person, but also someone's child, mother or friend

A dog can be a mother and a friend...

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord

donkey salami posted:

F-fingerbang that little turd

hahaha I enjoyed that reference

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

posting in a David Berkowitz thread.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I also have an aversion to dog owners, because I have seen a lot of really trashy people who don't train their pets. As in dog will be on furniture, will not obey its master, will poo poo and piss on floor. And I've seen way too many instances of people who let their animals poo poo on the floor AND JUST LEAVE IT THERE. According to my current landlord, the guy in the apt. next to me is one of these. Having seen so many white-trash/ghetto people do this, I believe him.

If you keep anything larger than a lapdog in a one-bedroom apt, you are a dumb piece of poo poo.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

phasmid posted:

people who let their animals poo poo on the floor AND JUST LEAVE IT THERE.

More evidence that you should save the truckload of golden retriever puppies and let the human turd hoarder die :colbert:

Agree that keeping dogs in tiny apartments is cruel though. Keeping humans in tiny apartments is cruel, too!

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

Famethrowa posted:

pls stop suggesting he murder the dog :(

Get a chocolate bar and pound it flat enough to slip under a door.
Then, when the neighbor isn't home, eat the chocolate. :v:

Or you could move your bed (or couch, whatever) to the middle of the room, then put a subwoofer up against the neighbor's wall and play a looped 27mHz sine wave.
If you position it just right you won't be able to hear it, but to the neighbor it will sound like there's a semi-truck idling in her living room.

Let it play all goddamned night.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
how about you make sweet love to your neighbor and move in, then after satisfying her emotionally and physically she won't need a dog companion anymore.

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
I'd save a dog over people who scratch off lotto tickets at the convenience store line tbh

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

a bone to pick posted:

how about you make sweet love to your neighbor and move in, then after satisfying her emotionally and physically she won't need a dog companion anymore.

Nice

Be the dog, yes

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

OP, when your neighbor's dog talks to you what does he tell you to do??

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaWtWAvUb-4

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

The worst dog barking is when you hear lap dogs do that kind of mechanical metronome-like yap...yap...yap...yap barking that goes on for hours and it's clear that their inbred little brains are malfunctioning like a cd skipping.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Here's what you do, OP: buy a whole bunch of microwaves and rig them so they run with the doors open. Line them up so the open ends of all the microwaves are against the wall of the neighbor's apartment. Turn them on all at once on high power.
The microwaves will make the dog sleepy and he will stop barking.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
What you can legally do is wake up at like 7am or 6am whatever the legal hours of not disturbing the peace is and pump your music full volume / vacuum against the wall you share with your neighbor. Till they get the point.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You could also drill a hole into her apartment and start pumping in hydrogen chloride but hey, that's just what I would do :shrug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Have you tried spinning the apartment around really fast until the dog is too dizzy to bark?

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
A dog is basically emergency backup food.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

GORDON posted:

A dog is basically emergency backup food.

Thank you very much, Excel Excel.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Applewhite posted:

Thank you very much, Excel Excel.

I don't understand that reference.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

We got a Trump supporter here guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
This is literally how David "Son of Sam" Berkowitz got his start.

Do you have a gun? If not, it's time to buy one.

• Locked thread