Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
polio king
Jun 19, 2004

Professor Shark posted:

Whoa whoa I'm on Ep 8 of The Last Kingdom now and I can confirm lady butt, and it's even PAWG-Y!

:nws:http://imgur.com/D11TZgS:nws:

wow, that is bad. I was considering giving this show a chance, but that just squashed any chance now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i like to practice lockpicking in case i dont make it as a bard. lots of npc's dont seem to like my lyrics because of their more mature, avante-garde nature. i have been practicing with some local hobbits and we call ourselves "gardy lou". one guy plays a pretty mean harpsichord, as is the style these days.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
There are those who see the rear end as it is, but also those who know its mutative properties

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
m2f: looking for damsel to serande with dirges of despair.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
must have xp and clean driving record

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

dad gay. so what posted:

m2f: looking for damsel to serande with dirges of despair.

Dirges are for warring

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Shaquin posted:

Dirges are for warring

have you ever been married? lol!

naem
May 29, 2011

etalian posted:

If you don't watch Vikings vladimir kulich will visit your house at night and keep you up with Skyrim chanting.

Sometimes I just turn on my Xbox and listen to skyrim chanting for fun

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Don't bother with either if you ain't seen spartacus yet

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Spartacus is great because instead of showing a bunch of titties and women's asses, its all cock and men's asses.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
the correct answer is marco polo

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Harald posted:

way to troll up a quality gbs thread.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
i made a brass icon for my character that i place on the map of the dungeon for immersion purposes.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
i'm not going to let you use your brass piece, we use the official icons that came with the game and nothing else here.

wiffle ball bat
Oct 2, 2015

by Shine

Harald posted:

lol

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

i'm not going to let you use your brass piece, we use the official icons that came with the game and nothing else here.

do you have anything like a bard driving a car?

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015
Ragnar getting stoned at the shrine-woods was pretty cool, OP. I don't think I've watched much past that. Thanks for asking.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

dad gay. so what posted:

do you have anything like a bard driving a car?

uhh no because this is what happens when a bard drives a car:

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a bone to pick posted:

uhh no because this is what happens when a bard drives a car:

i wish i had a pic of poor mr. sausage man right now

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Is black sails good?!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Saalkin posted:

Is black sails good?!

Yes even though the first season is a sort of a slow burn and also takes time to find its feet.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Saalkin posted:

Is black sails good?!

Starts slow like the other guy said but season 2 was awesome. Definitely has the best gay pirates. If you've read the book the dramatic irony brings it all to another level.

Falun Bong Refugee fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Jan 20, 2016

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

a bone to pick posted:

Spartacus is great because instead of showing a bunch of titties and women's asses, its all cock and men's asses.

Yup, this the correct answer. Although there are still a large amount of lady bits to be seen. Also a whole bunch bad merkins too.

Harald posted:

No, sorry OP. It has it's moments but it's the tv equivalent of dumpster diving.

Saalkin posted:

Is black sails good?!

Yes pretty good, season one is a bit shakey. Especially the early eps, but picks up a lot after.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Last Kingdom is cool and actually pretty funny sometimes, most of those shows are so deadly serious all the time

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Professor Shark posted:

Which do you like better? Viking perspective or Anglo perspective?

holy gently caress i didnt know that they had made a tv series about the last kingdom!

thank you! it's one of my favourite historical novel series

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

a bone to pick posted:

huh, should i watch the 2 knock-off game of thrones shows or should I just watch game of thrones?

hmmmmm

no

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

wiffle ball bat posted:

cant show lady butts or boobs on the history channel. i think you can show naked ladies on the bbc but tlk doesnt. there is some manbutt from the lead

they broadcast Vikings outside of the US and it has full frontal nudity

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

the merkins used are of a higher quality than the ones in spartacus.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I was an extra in vikings for S1 and my buddy is still making most of his income from it.

Production crew were cool. We'd lay around smoking and chatting and catering would serve us cake and tea and the battle scenes were fun to film. Some dude from a group of bikers based in Northern Ireland stole some of the costumes and nearly ruined the gig for us because anyone arriving on a bike was viewed a bit suspiciously.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
the host of the British history Podcast loves to talk poo poo on Vikings for how inaccurate it is.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
but I was told I'd easily fit in as an extra. I needed to shave at that time.

social media guru
Jan 18, 2016

by Cowcaster
I'm not aware the f either of these #brands !!

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

wiffle ball bat posted:

here's a tough question tho who's hotter: uhtred or ragnar??

Floki

Ill Peripheral
Jun 29, 2008
Ubba is my fav character, well him and Leofric is p cool, and *spoilers* I was bummed how they killed Ubba, especially considering he should have murdered the poo poo out of Uhtred the whole fight. Also Leofric could have stuck around, but his death was pretty chill like that Sargeant in saving private Ryan. k that's it

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.
Grimey Drawer

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Wait what?

God I feel like I live in North Korea.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

Harald posted:

just finished last kingdom and it makes marco polo look like shakespeare

seriously what garbage how is it rated five stars in netflix lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Vikings new season out this month on Feb 18:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IARD01_FEq0

Also this scene owned

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGe7N2k-FBg

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

FuriousGeorge posted:

Wait what?

God I feel like I live in North Korea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Ill Peripheral posted:

Ubba is my fav character, well him and Leofric is p cool, and *spoilers* I was bummed how they killed Ubba, especially considering he should have murdered the poo poo out of Uhtred the whole fight. Also Leofric could have stuck around, but his death was pretty chill like that Sargeant in saving private Ryan. k that's it

Well the whole point of the fight was that Uhtred really did have much chance and just lucked out due to Ubba letting his guard down for a second.

• Locked thread