Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I know we're only ~48 games into the season, and a lot can happen, but it's hard to imagine anything but a Blackhawks-Capitals final at this point.

I think the Kings would take down the Hawks in a seven games series at this point. Hawks as constructed are too reliant on Crow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

toe knee hand posted:

he is extraordinarily lazy and it is basically the only toy he will ever play with on his own. he enjoys trying to break its neck.

when did u steal my cat

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I know we're only ~48 games into the season, and a lot can happen, but it's hard to imagine anything but a Blackhawks-Capitals final at this point.

The Capitals are very good at having a great regular season and blowing it in the playoffs.

Also, Marvin is so goddamned lazy

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
While hockey cat Caboodle wasn't impressed with the play on the ice, hockey cat Kitt is more than pleased with the outcome.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
:siren: :fork: :siren:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
ENG and 12 straight wins baby.

Hawks so good.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
4-1! Hawks look like its 12 straight

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Twist the knife deeper! DEEPER

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog
Desjardins seals it...and really if any line deserved a goal it was that one. Only one that played well tonight. :siren:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
12 in a row for the Hawks!

A club record!

Good job guys.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Ummagumma posted:

I think the Kings would take down the Hawks in a seven games series at this point. Hawks as constructed are too reliant on Crow

I'd agree that the Kings have the best chance to defeat the Hawks in the west, but I think it's silly to say the Hawks are too reliant on Crawford considering they have the same core that's won them 3 championships.

Plus there's the whole "Patrick Kane being 15 points ahead of the next best scorer" thing.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

The Capitals are very good at having a great regular season and blowing it in the playoffs.

Ya, but this Caps team is better than any they've ever put together. Better than the 2009-10 team, even.

Ummagumma
Jul 19, 2004
skydog

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'd agree that the Kings have the best chance to defeat the Hawks in the west, but I think it's silly to say the Hawks are too reliant on Crawford considering they have the same core that's won them 3 championships.

Plus, you know, there's the whole "Patrick Kane being 15 points ahead of the next best scorer" thing.

Ya, but this Caps team is better than any they've ever put together. Better than the 2009-10 team, even.

The Hawks possession game hasn't been up to its usual standard, which is the main thing worries me in a potential series against LA. They have a lot of talented players still, but the blue line is not as good as in the years they've won the Cup (even last year they had a solid top 4...this year not so much). They're still top-10 in the league in that category, but they're usually #1 or #2. Nights like tonight where Crow basically bails them out of a period have been a bit too common for my comfort level, and while I think he is good I am not sure he'll be able to keep it up for the rest of the year and into the postseason.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Kale posted:

Bye Bye season but Bye Bye Therrien as well.
Dude

Bro

DudeBro™

...There's still a whooooooooooooooooole ~ ˝ a season to go and your stupid jerk shithead rear end in a top hat team has a bunch of talent on it. I'd be loving shocked if you giant rotten turds didn't make the playoffs.

Also a Dallas goal against the LA FuckTheKings is a good thing and I like it :golfclap:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Also a Dallas goal against the LA FuckTheKings is a good thing and I like it :golfclap:

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
gently caress the (Sexual) Predators and their asinine ticket policy. Also, the chanting of the goalie's last name.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I dislike the Kings as much as any other good person should, but holy poo poo, that shot by Vinny.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

WaryWarren posted:

gently caress the (Sexual) Predators and their asinine ticket policy. Also, the chanting of the goalie's last name.

The sheer amount of screams and cheers as the clock wound down was loving amazing.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

CBJSprague24 posted:

I dislike the Kings as much as any other good person should, but holy poo poo, that shot by Vinny.

seriously. that was a bomb.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

WaryWarren posted:

What is their "asinine ticket policy"? I pretty much pay little-to-zero attention to the Predators.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

What is their "asinine ticket policy"? I pretty much pay little-to-zero attention to the Predators.

You have to prove you live in the Nashville area with proof of residence to buy tickets. But only when they play Chicago and St.Louis.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
The Stars haven't addressed a single one of their issues the entire month where they've been consistently terrible the entire time. Ruff (or his assistants) might just be a bad coach.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Furnaceface posted:

You have to prove you live in the Nashville area with proof of residence to buy tickets. But only when they play Chicago and St.Louis.

really? :lol::lol: good.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Starsfan posted:

The Stars haven't addressed a single one of their issues the entire month where they've been consistently terrible the entire time. Ruff (or his assistants) might just be a bad coach.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand they answered.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Good penalty. Good call. :golfclap:

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Good drat Quick has been a rebound machine lately.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Eakin has put about a million of those wide in 2016, good to see one connect.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
On that second Kings goal if that were Carey Price (or Holtby) in net it would have been waved interference on the spot.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Duke Chin posted:

On that second Kings goal if that were Carey Price (or Holtby) in net it would have been waved interference on the spot.
So the Eastern Conference has weird rules where they randomly call interference for no reason?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would kill for a Stars win tonight.:pray:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While the whole team may not be playing that well, I've really lost any affection I've had for Kari Lehtonen.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

While the whole team may not be playing that well, I've really lost any affection I've had for Kari Lehtonen.

the forwards, defense, and goaltending could all use a shakeup on this team. They look flat every single night, I can't remember the last time they outchanced an opponent.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

5.9m until 2018 baby.

In addition to the 4.5m locked into Niemi until 2018.

:v:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Stars playing desperate now, and it shows. Unless the Kings collapse, this game's over.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Stars blew like 3 great chances in the last 2 minutes.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You're out of excuses now, Stars. Go gently caress yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

well 1 point on a road trip you deserve 0 is kind of like a positive result.

Lots of these guys can't have any complaints if they are traded off the team. Not many guys earning their spot right now.

• Locked thread