Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

i can attempt to answer your questions about how shows like these are made

how do they make these shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Most of the shows are produced in Canada, so it's doubtful any of them will vote Trump. But they did probably vote for Harper.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I don't know guys, the girl from Fixer Upper is pretty cute. And the chick that fixes up all those homes in the Minneapolis area isn't bad either. What's her name?

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
There was one of those home-makeover shows where the designer lady decided to make the theme 'country living' so she painted the walls brown and loving glued hay to them.
The family came back and was like what the gently caress why did you ruin our house, we have kids, you loving GLUED HAY TO OUR WALLS. I hope HGTV paid the fee to have it all removed because holy moly that designer should have been fired and then shot.

naem
May 29, 2011

I saw one where a lady built a coffin out of plywood, nailed it permanently to the floor of the living room, and stapled plastic ivy to it and her explanation was VAMPIRES

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Severed posted:

I don't know guys, the girl from Fixer Upper is pretty cute. And the chick that fixes up all those homes in the Minneapolis area isn't bad either. What's her name?

My fiancée loves the poo poo out of the Fixer Upper folks and I keep telling her there is no goddamned way there aren't a lot of skeletons in that closet. Chip looks way too much like Dexter.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
attn: on hgtv right this moment are two sorta hippy seattle lesbians

they probably are not voting for trump

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
materialism worship

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

There was one of those home-makeover shows where the designer lady decided to make the theme 'country living' so she painted the walls brown and loving glued hay to them.
The family came back and was like what the gently caress why did you ruin our house, we have kids, you loving GLUED HAY TO OUR WALLS. I hope HGTV paid the fee to have it all removed because holy moly that designer should have been fired and then shot.

This is absolutely killing me. I'm going to try and hunt a clip of this down.

http://hookedonhouses.net/2011/01/24/remember-when-hildi-glued-straw-on-the-walls/

Edit: Found it. Oh my god. The people listed the house soon after, and it took them 17+ hours to scrape all the hay off the walls, and it looks like they just left some of it there. I am loving the bonus cotton candy pink ceiling.

http://www.tlc.com/embed?page=113094

LadyAmbien fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

OctoberBlues posted:

Those HGTV shows piss me off because where are those assholes getting like $850,000 for their house budget? Goddamn rich motherfuckers.

All those shows are shot in Canada though so that's only like $150k in real moneys.

• Locked thread