Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yudo
May 15, 2003

the great deceiver posted:

wow ok you sure owned me. maybe doctors don't like prescribing me medication due to my long, colorful and documented history of drug abuse and stints in rehab and prison. anyway my original point was skip the middleman and order this poo poo off the internet op. if you want it so bad why waste your time and the psychs time honestly.

I wouldn't have had to own you so thoroughly if you had mentioned that doctor reluctance was on account of your substance history and not some general (and, as evidenced, nonexistent) reluctance. In my 100% not at all empirical opinion, psychiatrists and GPs tend to either overreact to substance history or ignore it entirely, neither I think being ideal.

Ideally going to a psychiatrist would get you an accurate non or extant diagnosis for which there was a well documented psychotheraputic and psychopharmacological intervention. Unfortunately, until recently no one wanted to pay for the former and the latter is basically five classes of drugs (atypical antipsychotics, SRI antidepressants, benzodiazepine anxiolytics, stimulants and, to a way lesser extent, lithium/anticonvulsants) that, though while better than there forerunners, are blunt instruments that have barely advanced an iota since the advent of SRIs and atypical antipsychotic medication in the 1980s.

Yudo fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

Yudo posted:

I wouldn't have had to own you so thoroughly if you had mentioned that doctor reluctance was on account of your substance history and not some general (and, as evidenced, nonexistent) reluctance. In my 100% not at all empirical opinion, psychiatrists and GPs tend to either overreact to substance history or ignore it entirely, neither I think being ideal.

i wasn't actually being sarcastic you did thoroughly own me

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

be honest and you dont want xanax that shits bad and not trippy

I'm a prisoner behind Xanax bars -- little wayne

Yudo
May 15, 2003

i wasn't actually being sarcastic you did thoroughly own me

As a fellow '03 I hope you can appreciate how over a decade in the internet basement can make recognizing sincerity challenging. Sorry to pile on.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Hey OP, did you have your appointment?

If not, I'd ask your doctor about Hydroxyzine. From what I understand it's like Xanax but not nearly as addictive. I've never taken Xanax before, but Hydroxyzine works wonders for me when I'm feeling the physical symptoms of anxiety. My psychiatrist has told me that I have agoraphobia, but taking Hydroxyzine let me go into previously anxiety and panic attack inducing situations without breaking a sweat.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0olK2qyoVA

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

I had a psychiatrist talk with me for twenty minutes then recommend I find a female doctor. After that happened I realized I acted uncomfortable with not only him but basically every male doctor I've ever had.

Since you're the opposite of me, we should gently caress. That will solve all our problems!

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Tell the doc you want drugs to get high on

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Abusing Xanax is a great way to ease into heroin addiction. Best of luck on your bleak downward spiral, OP!

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

Frog Act posted:

don't get it from a psych, go to a GP and describe a panic attack/sleeplessness and they'll give you klonopin or xanax. when i was 18 i tricked a doctor over the course of a year and ended up w/90 1mg klonopin, 90 1mg xanax, 30 70mg vyvanse, and 30 10mg dexedrine. that was quite a year, i tell you what

good advice

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I've been prescribed hydroxyzine before

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Ein cooler Typ posted:

I've been prescribed hydroxyzine before

I've been too, when I had a serious case of poison ivy. It made me care a lot less.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

How much hydroxyzine are people getting? I think I used to take 25mg at night

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Flavor Truck posted:

Abusing Xanax is a great way to ease into heroin addiction. Best of luck on your bleak downward spiral, OP!

The way people ease into a heroin addiction is by taking prescription opioids. Xanax is, you know, completely different.

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

ew, don't take antihistamines for anxiety. aside from potentially having a strong link to Alzheimer's disease, its serious business sedating and is more dangerous than, say, Xanax.

50 mg is the general dose for adult anxiety.

Yudo fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jan 21, 2016

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

I take 50mg.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
like moths to a flame. amazing. every time.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
dunk a dill pickle, pussies

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

Microwaves Mom posted:

be honest and you dont want xanax that shits bad and not trippy

xanax is insanely good

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

wow. how does he manage his illness without medication?

the doctors and therapists I've spoken to have led me to believe that you're never really "fine" - you just have to deal with it every day.

he doesn't really, he has a serious codependency going on with his lying weird girlfriend and he manages to keep a steady job (and do well at it) but thats about it. he mostly plays videogames (like thousands and thousands of hours in CS and DOTA) when he's not working and his lunatic girlfriend does nothing while they both let their new house go to poo poo and stuff

i guess what i'ms aying is it seems like unmedicated bipolar people i know can basically only handle one element of legitmiate existence at a time

granted i have the same problem but with no excuse so

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

gently caress the ROW posted:

xanax is insanely good

what are you comparing that too? [rolls an 18 of trap falling, AC1]

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

is benzo tolerance permanent or something because the other day i took 1mg of xanax and it had almost no perceivable effect on me which sucks poo poo because its only good for potentiating other things now

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ein cooler Typ posted:

i just want to be able to talk to girls without being nervous

Everyones nervous the key is to not show it.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

is benzo tolerance permanent or something because the other day i took 1mg of xanax and it had almost no perceivable effect on me which sucks poo poo because its only good for potentiating other things now

you seem to have some serious mental problems with your brain. i hope you find some help before you die some random death that no one will even notice. good luck with that.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

you seem to have some serious mental problems with your brain. i hope you find some help before you die some random death that no one will even notice. good luck with that.

thanks

celeron 300a
Jan 23, 2005

by exmarx
Yam Slacker

Microwaves Mom posted:

Everyones nervous the key is to not show it.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ya i know you dont give a poo poo, but you are devolving into something even worse than what you already know yourself to be. bad news.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

dad gay. so what posted:

ya i know you dont give a poo poo, but you are devolving into something even worse than what you already know yourself to be. bad news.

pretty rough post man. pretty rough

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

my mellow is starting to feel harshed!!!!!!!

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck

Yudo posted:

The way people ease into a heroin addiction is by taking prescription opioids. Xanax is, you know, completely different.

Like half of those junkies can tell the difference. They're bidding on pain relief and escapism, nothing more.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Frog Act posted:

my mellow is starting to feel harshed!!!!!!!

whatevs dude have fun see you in 10 years

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Yudo posted:

As a fellow '03 I hope you can appreciate how over a decade in the internet basement can make recognizing sincerity challenging. Sorry to pile on.

lol no it's fine, seeing those numbers was actually shocking. what you said about clinicians either overcaring or undercaring about patients with a history of substance abuse struck me as well. i will likely never be prescribed benzos or opiates again but psychs will hand me out ambien like candy. when abused i feel like that is potentially more dangerous than either of those other 2 drugs as it has caused me to do things like drive my car on the freeway blacked out when taking it as prescribed.

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

lol no it's fine, seeing those numbers was actually shocking. what you said about clinicians either overcaring or undercaring about patients with a history of substance abuse struck me as well. i will likely never be prescribed benzos or opiates again but psychs will hand me out ambien like candy. when abused i feel like that is potentially more dangerous than either of those other 2 drugs as it has caused me to do things like drive my car on the freeway blacked out when taking it as prescribed.

you seem to be somewhat of a danger to society

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

dad gay. so what posted:

you seem to be somewhat of a danger to society

well the federal government agrees with you on at least one thing dad

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i bet u and i could party hella hard tho

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

i bet u and i could party hella hard tho

would i have territorial rights or am i gonna get shived by some muppet jumping out of a trash can?

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

dad gay. so what posted:

would i have territorial rights or am i gonna get shived by some muppet jumping out of a trash can?

it depends if you have better drug connects i will fly out and meet you on your home ground

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

if not yes your life is in serious danger

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Yikes another GBS mental health thread where everyone reveals they're on anxiolytics/antidepressants

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
What I wanna know is who's a bad enough dude to need antipsychotic medications daily

Any prodromal schizophrenics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Yikes another GBS mental health thread where everyone reveals they're on anxiolytics/antidepressants

and you're surprised by this why

• Locked thread