Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh my god yes

Long weekend coming up, looking forward to going full shitpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
PR: can only post about Michael Bay's Transformers series

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I hate the Scottish man for not playing with us

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I'm so drunk

Where is the Scottish man

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

All right, looks like you guys are getting the hang of things so let's start a new game called Alphabet.

If you'd like to participate, just ##improv to join the game and you can temporarily disregard your previous posting restrictions. If you'd rather not, then use ##sitout so we can remember who's playing or not.

You'll note that my post started with an A. The first person to sign up will need to quote my post, and start their post with the letter B. The next post in the game must quote the letter B post, then have their post start with a C. And so on and so on, till we wrap around to A again.

Everyone in the game should continue the run by always quoting the previous game post, to show which letter you're carrying on from.

If you mess up and someone beats you to the punch, that may cost you some precious points!

Cakes are great!

##improv

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Going to have to ##vote the skinny angry lawyer because I didn't understand any of his references.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

coq thats a bad xcuse 4 voting sum1

gud point tho

It's day one, Queensland law student

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

I kno, but IMO there r bettr resns 2 vote 4 sum1, evn on day 1

##vote Queensland law student

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Jesus gently caress what is happening

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

a nolynch if were nt careful

Thanks champ

Votecount for Day 1

Those On My Left (3): Birdstrike, Zetsubou-san, SKY COQ, SKY COQ, bowmore
Zetsubou-san (3): Those On My Left, Beetphyxious, Beetphyxious, black_tangled, Mithranderp
Beetphyxious (1): iajanus
bowmore (1): Mithranderp, Beetphyxious, Mithranderp
Mithranderp (1): SKY COQ
Birdstrike (0): Beetphyxious, Beetphyxious
Gwynplaine (0): black_tangled, black_tangled, Mithranderp, Mithranderp

Not Voting (1): Gwynplaine

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 26th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 19 minutes.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

##vote former speaker Harry Jenkins

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

##vote Tiny bird man

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

u didnt bold

No u

I have to go to bed but Godspeed and may melbourne's most pretentious whiskey drinker rip in peace

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Good morning

Was my vote not counted properly last night?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

I saw at least your first vote for "skinny lawyer man" end up in the right place on votefinder (and TOML has a great new nickname now), so I assumed somebody knew how to get votefinder to do what you wanted. I didn't catch if your last one worked though cause I was too busy staring at my buzzer!

:shrug:

I'm glad someone knows because I don't.

So long as we didn't miss the lynch by 1 vote I'm happy

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

##vote black_tabgled

lingiustic slops all overcteh place

Why cast a vote this early against everyone's favourite Rainbow Serpent raver? I'm not getting a good read on anyone yet.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

black_tangled posted:

And we all know there was no lynch. I wonder if SkyCoq is scum with TOML hence not properly voting. I think Gwyn is sus as gently caress.

I can't use people's names, even to vote. Apparently there's a way to correct for this in votefinder so I'll have a look tonight. I was in no condition to do so last night.

I'm still suspicious of Hold Me Closer Tiny Lawyer but could see going The Winner Of The Last Mafia Game today as well based on his town voting yesterday.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

black_tangled posted:

We need a lynch people!!!

Would vote sky coq, Gwyn or zets at a pinch

And action!

Wait wtf? Why me? Just got back from a walk, catching up on voting patterns now.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Birdstrike posted:

has anoyne see bwomore todayf?

This is a great question.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Another great question is why are people voting for gifman

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

bowmore posted:

BEET YOU SCUMMY JABRONI

This guy literally hasn't posted since yesterday. Always lynch lurkers.

##vote Lurk More

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

lol tru

bt only 2 votes 4 iajanus b4 I switched

wt abt iajanus, hes got less posts dan bowmore

Not today he hasn't. Lurk more hasn't posted today full stop. That's a huge red flag.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Argh votefinder isn't recognising my vote but I think I'm starting to understand how it handles nicknames.

##vote team dorks

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

y dint u vote lst nite

And for that matter why aren't you voting now, Mario to Gaspy's Luigi?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

also tru

weve got <20 mins 2 get a lynch on SUM1

2 nolynch in a row wuld b bad

##vote bowmore 4 hs lurkn

If it helps think of it as a ##whip

Votecount for Day 2

Zetsubou-san (4): Those On My Left, Gwynplaine, iajanus, Mithranderp, Mithranderp, Birdstrike
bowmore (2): SKY COQ, SKY COQ, SKY COQ, Mithranderp
iajanus (1): Mithranderp, Zetsubou-san, Mithranderp
SKY COQ (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike
black_tangled (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike
Those On My Left (0): Birdstrike, Birdstrike

Not Voting (2): black_tangled, bowmore

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is January 27th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 15 minutes.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

:redhammer:

I think paddock raver just did

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

bowmore posted:

GUESS TOML AIN'T NO JABRONI

Where the hell were you yesterday? I was and remain suss.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

black_tangled posted:

Still going with that play huh?

Why were you suss on TOML?

Mostly because he miraculously survived a d1 push that had good momentum, then a mini-push on d2 based on that survival. Dude is Teflon.

I remain sketchy on lurk more and Mr Fewer Posts than Scottish Man. Suspect old mate death from above's late fingering on me was used as a misdirect. I didn't believe gifman was guilty of anything but having a difficult PR until his flip. I guess I couldn't read... Between the lines

YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

##improv to remove at least one of my loving PRs

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Hunting makes me horny.

Thomas can you explain your read on Gwyn?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Mithranderp posted:

I have deduced that his PR enables him to continue to post like that. He could be a lot less opaque with his writing if he wished to be. I have also observed that he freely admitted to allowing D1 to end in a no-lynch.

elementary, my dears.

Croikey! Youse've gotta use one of the bloody photos from the bloody imgur album, cobber! Strewth!

http://m.imgur.com/a/DvJLo

I agree with your read on Gwyn, but then of course I'd say that.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

black_tangled posted:

Goodbye Coq, Coq goodbye. Goodbye Coq.

*Clive Palmer crazy eyes*

There are still some words I can't use. See if you can spot them!

You know, there's something fishy about this.

You're very keen to pile on me today because I waned to policy LUNCH a lurker yesterday as I had no read on Zets, and because Birdstrike (how good is it to be able to use people's names!) took a swing at me before he got offed.

It seems like you're swimming upstream here mate.

Can I suggest that the reads you're seeing are exactly what you'd see if a halfway decent BEAR arranged for some misdirection? Let's try and focus on the more important BEAR candidates today, like Gwyn the confessed LUNCH-stopper or the strangely silent Bowmore. They are my picks for being BEARS.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

And that's why they call me slutlungs

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Why would I fiddle around with someone I didn't have a read on?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

iajanus posted:

This, for me, was the most troubling aspect. A student of the dark, his friends, would try to protect. Lies, deception, and obfuscation - these tools are those of the SithScum. The attack on TOML, coming when it did, smacked of last-ditch redirection. Today, no obvious case, Coq has put forward. Yet attack, he does. A good reason, there could be. For now, a decision must be made. May the force be with us, and guide this choice.

[b]##vote Sky Coq[/n]

Red light, Yaddle.

I think Gwyn is a BEAR because he's not voted for two days straight
I think Bowmore is a BEAR because he is bear-ly posting.

You have a green light to read my posts properly.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Fuuuuuuck

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Those On My Left posted:

i had so much fun reading other people's posts and writing my own

i think the hat game was definitely the highlight

Same. That game was heaps of fun.

I really hosed myself over by being drunk on Tuesday and lazy yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Beetphyxious posted:

It could be confirmation bias, but out of all of our mini vanilla games we've had I've always died early and town always wins.

:tinfoil:

I policy killed you n1 because I knew you'd rumble us

• Locked thread