Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
In it to gwyn it. PRS I like

+Playing nice
+gently caress YOU POSTING LIKE GLORIOUS IRON SHIEK 144 CHARACTERS OF CLASS, JABRONI
+No emojis
+Only emojis

It's the real authentic, leave ya'll dented

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

tithin posted:

e: post restriction - roleplay as another poster in the chat thread

That has potential to get incredibly mean.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Bifauxnen posted:

I'll allow it, but only if the poster you have to imitate is old-school Avshalom

See, I dunno what that means. Post history only goes back so far.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

tithin posted:

Combine it with the "play nice" post restriction

You can't combine me, beet, gaspy, soag or occasionally toml with playing nice. The PRs would cancel out.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

tithin posted:

Oldschool Avshalom was ....

well, go look at her ban history and click those links.

FAAAAAAART

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

GOOD PR CAN BE DONE WITH PHONE POSTING GET CAMEL CLUTCHED JABRONI

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Those On My Left posted:

pr: rhyming couplets

totally not your fault. i have a particular hatred of this PR. gaspy gets it

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

If the rhyming couplet PR is in play the person with it should have stackable hated for every time the emphasis is wrong or the syllable count is off.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Those On My Left posted:

modkill if it doesn't scan

That sorta thing.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Hoo boy, was I ever in a bag mixed nuts this time. I couldn't pick my clients any more than a penguin could pick its nose. Not with the equivalent of epping forest squatting on my desk in the form of overdue bills. Damnit, Bif- how , amongst sweet talkers, auteurs and people with no volume control was I meant to profile and find a cold blooded killer. This case was going to be tougher than glove box jerky.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I opted to #sitthisoneout. I'm not averse to a bit of a game, but a game without cards, money or a switchblade just didn't seem like a game, to me. Some patsy had the gaul to comment on my hard boiled diary style. The nerve of that punk! As if I hadn't cleared it with my client first. It was getting tricky dragging my martinelli with me down the street to type, so I considered writing a more in depth report once I got back to the office. Assuming I lasted that long.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I was awoken by the screams of the crowd outside my office. I threw the empty bottle against the wall. It was bad enough that you went out to a speakeasy last night. Taking one for the road was inexcusable when peoples lives were at stake. The crowd parted from me like the red sea. I'd like say it was my presence or my icey stare, but if I'm honest, it was probably just my choice of chapeau. Any minute now they were worried I was gonna talk about how men get raped too or ladder theory.

I was nearly sick. I don't know if it was the bathtub Old Fashioneds catching up to me or their choice of victim, but either way it made my bile rise. What sort of punk kills Nice Guy Beet? He was one of the best, and drat polite about it too. Who had he suspected? Was he getting to close. It didn't always mean anything - generally the punks were smarter than that but besides to dimes and half a book of matches and head of bad memories it was all I had. She was counting on you, and you blew it.

I remember that one guy. Never said a word, just held up pictures. Sometimes the simplest answers are still the best.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

##improv

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

Listen up, lest my words get slurred

I don't have to rhyme, correct?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

You jest, forsooth, this player be pure!

This one is more suss, I feel

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

I think you'll see it's them not me!

Hold on, do you suspect my client?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

The more I think, the more I drink

ah, I thought you meant Bif- that took some gall

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

Just ##vote TOML you'll have a ball

Ohhhh, Hi-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di!

TOML, you think? Mith, what say you?

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

This seems premature, let's think it through

My bad, I dropped the ball but I think TOML is clean

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

I think we need to call time

So ##vote Zetsubou , mate!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

Let's all take a bow

'Cause that bear is to blame.

Oh, aye-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-di-dee-die!

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I admit, going to the local mick joint for any help with the case was probably not one of the better decisions I had made in my time. But for all that it lacked straight answers it had straight whisky in abundance. I don't know if it was that or the weird jig I got into with the other patrons, but somehow it all seemed to click in my head. Sometimes the simplest answers could still be the best, but then some of the quieter patsies may have escaped my attention also. I wasnt about to eliminate sky coq from the picture also. A call came through for me at the bar, apparently there was two more jobs for me tommorow. I muttered 'jesus loving christ' to myself and was thrown from the place like I was tofu at a cookout. "Right..right" I thought to myself garbage cans cluttered all around me like the potential leads of this case "taking his name in vein"

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I swept the banana peels off my shoulder, I decided to keep the wilted rhubarb that had fallen into my lapel pocket in place, in hopes that people would think it was intentional. I might not have trusted the freaky mime with the photographs, but there was little denying the backwards talking fella was clamming up more than pier 49 in tourist season. Heck some people hadn't even shown their face today. Doubtless they had their reasoning, and that sort of reasoning was gonna bite me in the rear end like Ted Bundy tomorrow, but I couldn't ignore it, either.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I was gonna slink my way back to the office when one of the soaks I'd been drinking with confronted me outside of the bar. Wanted to know where I'd been last night. My mind raced a little. Fact is, I lost track of time eating gyro pizza and drinking mediocre beer and the ability to put my say in had slipped by. It was unprofessional to admit that to a suspect, naturally so I put forth something that wasn't my exact reason but was still something I believed, a sort of half truth. Sounded better. "Fact is, I think the skinny lawyer was innocent, and the next best guy wouldn't have swung with my vote anyways. Wasn't worth it." 'Whew.' I mused 'good thing this is my personal diary.'

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I was on another case, something about sly hooch, when the call came through. Birdy. They'd got Birdy. Maybe we got one back on them but that wasn't gonna bring him back. I bit through my coffin nail. It wasn't worth it. The punks must have known that would all but clear me and they didn't care. Dusted him like a bunt cake. It wasn't worth it.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Town this size, chances were there was only one other perp. Arguably, we could afford to be a little daring with who we strung up next, but there was also no rush. I'd think about it more when I got back to the office. This other case was nearly closed. I wanted to avoid my earlier mistake, so I locked in ##vote Sky Coq for now.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

The prick actually accused me of killing Birdy of all people. I was more steamed than the broccoli at a retirement village but I walked it off. Nerves. Or ignorance, maybe. Either was forgivable. Fact is, when you're actually innocent, death doesnt scare you. So long as you don't self vote, you can still die laughing. Especially when you're being accused by the guy you conspicuously didnt hammer before being an early voter for the actual scum. Let em accuse. It'll make your death funnier. Hopefully bird would have a round waiting for me, wherever they were.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Case closed, bar open. Town fulla rubes, but I loved them anyway. I went down to the dock, and poured one our for Birdy. He'd have loved to have seen this. Perhaps he had, in some way.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Amazing game Bif. Gonna print this one out.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

black_tangled posted:

Gwyn you really did a great job posting in character but drat, I was really thinking you were scum because I guess it was hard to post a lot of content in that style? In contrast to your last game I thought you were acting pretty scummy.

I've been working pretty much solid double shifts 9 hours of one job, 5 of the other for most of this game, so I wasn't able to overwritten gumshoe diary as much as I wanted.

Gwyn always seems scummy. The less scummy they seem the greater the chance they are actually scum.

Gwyn will never post the same waytwo games running . Comparing games will not help much unless you go through the archives.

If Gwyn actually seems scared and panicky about being lynched, they are either scum or town with cool powers. This much is embarrassingly consistent.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I loved all the PRs, everyone stuck to there's really well. Bowmore was brilliant and Zetsubou-san s was so much fun.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Beetphyxious posted:

Zets did the best loving job with his images.

For real. It made scum hunting both harder and easier because I loved absolutely everyone's posting.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Wasn't the first jojo Mafia Vanilla? Scum won that.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Well disregard then. Yeah Beet might be on to something.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

Beetphyxious posted:

I still think you're scummy. :v:

As well you are right to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

I am interested. I am still making mine.

• Locked thread